Home

Old 10-25-2020, 05:59 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 3
Best generic playbook

Trying to find a new offensive playbook. Would love to create my own but since plays don’t come up in the correct order can’t deal with that. Was thinking of using the run heavy since that’s more my style. Does anybody use them?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2020, 06:56 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Best generic playbook

Balance

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
Old 10-26-2020, 12:51 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 0

All of them are quite good. You really can't go wrong.

Run Heavy and Run Balance are pretty similar. You want a good, strong arm QB and legitimate deep threat WRs. Run Heavy is better for 2 TE and multiple RB. Run Balance is better if you prefer 11 personnel and just sprinkle in the others, imo. Singleback Trips is really what makes Run Balanced good if you don't like it look elsewhere. Route abilities (any of the apprentices or Hot Route Master) are VERY useful in the passing game.

Balance I just started trying out for fun and because it had some intriguing 2 TE stuff which is what I base out of in MUT right now since there's no room on my team for 3 WR with abilities. Also has some decent under center but the 11 personnel Gun catalog is lackluster. The QB Power run out of Gun Ace Slot is pretty powerful any time you have the numbers to the weakside of the formation. It's a much more powerful constraint than Read Option.

Spread was the best playbook in the game last year and it probably is again this year but I wanted to do something different so I've only toyed with it so far. You can completely destroy people without ever throwing a pass. The run game here is next level and stacking the box indiscriminately isn't as attractive an option because the D can much more easily be made to pay with quick passes. 11 Personnel is definitely your bread and butter but the 2 TE stuff is really good too. This is also one of the only books to give you an extensive mix of both options and RPOs and you have TONS of trap runs.

Run N Gun is exactly what it sounds like - a run and throw deep offense and its best with a mobile QB because you need read option to get the most out of it, imo. Unlike the other books that are geared toward mobile QBs you actually get good under center stuff - Bunch, Doubles, and Y Trips all have their uses. 11 and 12 Personnel are the focus, with an OK I form catalog including a decent Strong Close.

Pistol is what I've been running for a while now and it's a really good power run book whether you have a mobile QB or not. The option game works quite well, even without the Fastbreak ability, but it's just the icing on the cake. Almost every formation will have Slam (weak iso), Dive (strong iso), Strong Power, and Counter. Some, but not all, also have Outside Zone. Only one RPO and it's in a formation I don't use. Incredibly diverse personnel wise I think you can make this work with almost any lineup although you do want some THP at QB since the short passing game is meh unless you make it yourself with hotroutes.

Run and Shoot is mostly 4 WR sets although at least one each of the Singleback, Pistol, and Gun sets were changed to make them 11 Personnel and put a TE in the slot. Haven't tried yet, but I ran it quite a bit in M19. It can be a lot of fun but you really need to change the way you play when using it. The AI will defend you differently and using motion to get your run game going is almost mandatory. You also need excellent pass protectors across the board on the OL and 4 good WRs.
Old 10-26-2020, 09:02 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 3

Thanks! Ive been wanting to use a generic or create my own but I hate that we have to load it before every game and with the create a playbook I hate that we cant put the formations or plays in the order we want
Old 10-26-2020, 11:48 PM   #5
MVP

speedkills's Arena

OVR: 8

I like the run and shoot playbook. I've been using it since the days of NCAA Football but EA was kind enough to include it in Madden and even update it a season ago with RPOs.

I'm in a 2021 Titans franchise with basically the same starters on offense as this year's Titans and averaging over 40 pts/game with that offense.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2020, 07:33 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 6

The west coast generic is good as well. I like it because it’s got the old school far and near formations. This is a very diverse playbook. Has a little of it all. You could run all kinds of schemes from it.

The file is called xboxassantesgreatestever.

Teams finished:
Bears, bills, browns, KC, Dall, Miami, Philly, ATL, SF, NYG, Jags, GB, NE, OAK, Rams, Ravens, WASH, NO, PITT, broncos, Texans, panthers, vikings, colts

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »