Home

EVHL - Pro Slider Set (6 Minutes)

This is a discussion on EVHL - Pro Slider Set (6 Minutes) within the EA Sports NHL Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-29-2020, 02:02 AM   #1
Pro

The EVHL's Arena

OVR: 0
Difficult Pro Slider Set For NHL 21 (6 Minutes)

UPDATED 12/18/2020!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi All,

Welcome to the official NHL 21 slider set of the Elite Virtual Hockey League (Follow on Instagram for jerseys + highlights - @evhl_official). Like before, this set is supposed to be a hybrid between realism and arcade as this slider set is made for a fictional esport league that I run offline. Skip to "The Set" if you don't wish to read about my approach to the game and a little about the sliders.

Goals for the Set:
-Attributes Matter more than default
-Sloppy play that discourages "money" plays.
-Not too sloppy to a point where the difficulty comes from fighting the game/loose pucks more than it is about outplaying a competent and challenging opponent.
-Have to roll four lines
-Have to play a simpler game with your bottom-6 without them feeling useless.
-Dynamic goalie play
-Goal variety
-Challenge without the CPU Boost BS that comes with AS/SS.
-Keeping the set as close to default as possible as the game seems to play better when that's the case.

Why Pro?
I've found Pro to be the best skill level to see some really dynamic goalie play. I've found it way too hard to beat goalies on nice first shot attempts on AS/SS which makes the ability to pull off a nice passing play less rewarding, especially with how sloppy the play can get. Goalies are making some incredible saves on this set, but not at the expense of good snipers not taking advantage of earned openings.

Second, I've found I can actually gain the zone and have some 2-3 minute possessions to really wear down the CPU which is super fun. I don't go for money plays, I don't try to exploit the CPU in cheap ways, so having those long possessions with tons of point shots and puck movement is really immersive and fun to see.

The Way I Play:
I play every game the same way. 1/2 the game for each team, 1/2 the period for each team. These sliders work well for the way I play, I'm not overly concerned about CPU goal totals, but the set can be a nice building block if you're looking to take into single-player/single-team experience modes.

Strategy Adjustments:
This set plays fine without strategy adjustments, but it is much improved when playing in a mode where you can control both teams and change the strategies of both teams (Season, Playoff, Play Now). Especially with how naturally often the CPU applies pressure in the neutral zone this year, upping their in zone pressure really takes away the time and space you're desperately looking for when controlling a good player.

The Set:
COMPLETELY UPDATED/REVAMPED - 12/18/2020
**If the slider isn't listed, you can assume it's at the "Full-Sim" default**
General Game Settings:
Starting Game Style: Full-Sim
Difficulty: Pro
Period Length: 5 minutes
Camera: Dynamic High

Gameplay Sliders:
General:
Tuner: v1.01
Attribute Effects: 10
Broken Stick Frequency: 33
Game speed: 3
Fatigue Effect: 90
Fatigue Recovery: 25
Injury Occurrence: 50

Skating
Back Skating: 50
Hustle Type: Authentic
Puck Carrier Agility: 50
Puck Carrier Skating: 50
Player Acceleration: HUM - 6 / CPU - 7
Skating Speed: 50
Skating Agility: 50

Shooting
One Timer Accuracy: 50
Shot Accuracy: 55
Shot Power: 50
Slap Shot Accuracy: 50
Slap Shot Power: 50

Passing
Manual Passing: On
Pass Assist: 0
Min Pass Speed: 35
Max Pass Speed: 65
Sauce Pass Speed: 50
Pass Accuracy: 50
Pass Interceptions: 80
Pass Reception Ease: 33
Reception Reaction Time: 20
Puck Control Rating Effect: 50
Puck Speed Reception Effect: 50
Pickup Type Effect: 50
Bouncing Puck Receptions:70

Puck Control
Incidental Contact Puck Loss: Stick, Legs, and Body
Incidental stick Contact Immunity: 0
Puck Control: 20
Deking Impact: 0
Spin Deke Impact: 50
Skating Impact: 55

Goalies
Goalie Cover Frequency: 33
Goalie Passing: 83
Goalie Cross Crease Reaction Time: CPU - 100 Human - 50
Goalie Save Reaction Time: CPU - 40 Human - 50
Goalie Deflection Reaction Time: CPU - 0 Human - 50
Goalie Screen Effect: CPU - 100 HUM - 60
Goalie Screen Persistence: 50

Checking
Board Effect Non-Carrier: 40
Board Effect Carrier: 0
Hitting Assistance: 17
Stumble Threshold: 30
Stumble and Fall Ease: 30
Aggression: 50
Hitting Power: 50
Size Effect: 25
Speed Effect: 33
Checking/Balance Rating Effect: 83
Preparedness Effect: 51
Incidental Contact Effect: 20
Poke Checking Accuracy: 30
Poke Checking Power: 50
Stick Lift Effectiveness: 50

Penalties
CPU Penalties: 40
CPU Teammate Penalties: 33
CPU Penalties: 100
Everything else default

AI
AI Learning: 6
CPU Difficulty Adjustment: 0
Faceoff Difficulty: 48 (I'm bad at FO's)
Fight Difficulty: 95
all strategy adjustments: 0 (Leave CPU at default if playing as only one team.)

Strategy Settings (If Using Both Teams):
Forecheck: 2-3
Neutral Zone: 1-2-2 Blue
Trap/Forecheck: 6/6 (full forecheck)
Offensive Pressure: HUM - Aggressive CPU - Standard
Defensive Pressure: Puck Side Attack
Defensive Strategy: Collapsing
Penalty Kill: Passive Box
Powerplay: Overload
PP Carry/Dump: 0/10
All breakout Settings personal preference

Offensive Line Settings:
everything default

Defensive Pairing Settings:
Hold Line/Pinch: 8/10
Cycle/Shoot: 5/10

Well there you have it everyone. That is it for the sliders for now! I will be generating a default lineup (4 lines, 3 pairings, 1 goalie) with global attributes to put on all these teams. I will possibly post those attributes/default roster in the roster section once everything has been tested and seems good to go. If you'd like to be on a team in the league, make sure to follow @evhl_official on instagram and post under the team you'd like to be on (I've only posted 2/24 so far!) Thanks for reading everyone, happy slideritis to you all!

Last edited by The EVHL; 12-19-2020 at 01:06 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-29-2020, 11:08 AM   #2
MVP

SuperGoalies's Arena

Re: EVHL - Pro Slider Set (6 Minutes)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HipNotiiC_x
Hi All,

Welcome to the official NHL 21 slider set of the Elite Virtual Hockey League (Follow on Instagram for jerseys + highlights - @evhl_official). Like before, this set is supposed to be a hybrid between realism and arcade as this slider set is made for a fictional esport league that I run offline. Skip to "The Set" if you don't wish to read about my approach to the game and a little about the sliders.

Goals for the Set:
-Attributes Matter more than default
-Sloppy play that discourages "money" plays.
-Have to roll four lines
-Dynamic goalie play
-Goal variety

Why Pro?
I've found Pro to be the best skill level to see some really dynamic goalie play. I've found it way too hard to beat goalies on nice first shot attempts on AS/SS which makes the ability to pull off a nice passing play less rewarding, especially with how sloppy the play can get. Goalies are making some incredible saves on this set, but not at the expense of good snipers not taking advantage of earned openings.

Second, I've found I can actually gain the zone and have some 2-3 minute possessions to really wear down the CPU which is super fun. I don't go for money plays, I don't try to exploit the CPU in cheap ways, so having those long possessions with tons of point shots and puck movement is really immersive and fun to see.

The Way I Play:
I play every game the same way. 1/2 the game for each team, 1/2 the period for each team. These sliders work well for the way I play, I'm not overly concerned about CPU goal totals, but the set can be a nice building block if you're looking to take into single-player/single-team experience modes.

Strategy Adjustments:
This set plays fine without strategy adjustments, but it is much improved when playing in a mode where you can control both teams and change the strategies of both teams (Season, Playoff, Play Now). Especially with how naturally often the CPU applies pressure in the neutral zone this year, upping their in zone pressure really takes away the time and space you're desperately looking for when controlling a good player.

The Set:
**If the slider isn't listed, you can assume it's at the "Full-Sim" default**
General Game Settings:
Starting Game Style: Full-Sim
Difficulty: Pro
Period Length: 6 minutes
Camera: Dynamic High

Gameplay Sliders:
General:
Tuner: v1.01
Attribute Effects: 7
Broken Stick Frequency: 33
Game speed: 0
Fatigue Effect: 90
Fatigue Recovery: 15
Injury Occurrence: 50

Skating
Back Skating: 70
Hustle Type: Authentic
Puck Carrier Agility: 0
Puck Carrier Skating: 25
Player Acceleration: 40
Skating Speed: 40
Skating Agility: 10

Shooting
One Timer Accuracy: 40
Shot Accuracy: 47
Shot Power: 51
Slap Shot Accuracy: 47
Slap Shot Power: 51

Passing
Manual Passing: On
Pass Assist: 0
Min Pass Speed: 22
Max Pass Speed: 55
Sauce Pass Speed: 45
Pass Accuracy: CPU - 0 HUM - Default (no assist so this doesn't matter)
Pass Interceptions: 100
Pass Reception Ease: 0
Reception Reaction Time: 30
Puck Control Rating Effect: 75
Puck Speed Reception Effect: 60
Pickup Type Effect: 70
Bouncing Puck Receptions:35

Puck Control
Incidental Contact Puck Loss: Stick, Legs, and Body
Incidental stick Contact Immunity: 0
Puck Control: 20
Deking Impact: 0
Spin Deke Impact: 50
Skating Impact: 45

Goalies
Goalie Cover Frequency: 45
Goalie Passing: 70
Goalie Cross Crease Reaction Time: 85 Human - 65
Goalie Save Reaction Time: CPU - 35 Human - 65
Goalie Deflection Reaction Time: CPU - 0 Human - 65
Goalie Screen Effect: 70
Goalie Screen Persistence: 99

Checking
Board Effect Non-Carrier: 10
Board Effect Carrier: 10
Hitting Assistance: 10
Stumble Threshold: 70
Stumble and Fall Ease: 30
Aggression: 50
Hitting Power: 25
Size Effect: 50
Speed Effect: 30
Checking/Balance Rating Effect: 85
Preparedness Effect: 0
Incidental Contact Effect: 75
Poke Checking Accuracy: 75
Poke Checking Power: 45
Stick Lift Effectiveness: 75

Penalties
CPU Penalties: 100
CPU Teammate Penalties: 0
Tripping : CPU - 95 HUM - 50
Slashing: CPU - 75 HUM - 90
Everything else default

AI
AI Learning: 6
CPU Difficulty Adjustment: 0
Faceoff Difficulty: 48 (I'm bad at FO's)
Fight Difficulty: 95
all strategy adjustments: 0 (Leave CPU at default if playing as only one team.)

Strategy Settings (If Using Both Teams):
Forecheck: 2-3
Neutral Zone: 1-2-2 Blue
Trap/Forecheck: 3/6
Offensive Pressure: HUM - Aggressive CPU - Standard
Defensive Pressure: Puck Side Attack
Defensive Strategy: Staggered
Penalty Kill: Passive Box
Powerplay: Umbrella
PP Carry/Dump: 0/10
All breakout Settings personal preference

Offensive Line Settings:
Efficiency/Energy: 10/10
everything else default

Defensive Pairing Settings:
Hold Line/Pinch: 9/10
Cycle/Shoot: 10/10

Well there you have it everyone. That is it for the sliders for now! I will be generating a default lineup (4 lines, 3 pairings, 1 goalie) with global attributes to put on all these teams. I will possibly post those attributes/default roster in the roster section once everything has been tested and seems good to go. If you'd like to be on a team in the league, make sure to follow @evhl_official on instagram and post under the team you'd like to be on (I've only posted 2/24 so far!) Thanks for reading everyone, happy slideritis to you all!
welcome back! *Shakes your hand* good to see u in NHL 21 era.
Old 10-29-2020, 02:27 PM   #3
Pro

The EVHL's Arena

Thank you. Will be posting some box scores and possibly highlights to add to the thread!
Old 10-30-2020, 03:00 AM   #4
Pro

The EVHL's Arena

First game recap after messing with strategies a bit more, found some awesome gameplay due to the changes! Teams were pinching a lot, really pressuring puck carriers, and setting up in the zone felt really rewarding. Had a great tip goal, a shot that beat Bishop five-hole while moving laterally, a shot that beat bishop under the globe but over the arm after a radical stop then loaded up shot by Panarin. What a great game this was! Stars felt like stars, grinders had lots of scrambles and shots without a lot of finish. Goalies were great, played stuff really well. Got beat on a lot of realistic-looking plays! Updating the strategy adjustments portion right now, will look into getting video to you guys and girls in the near future to really show-off this set. Absolutely loving it! Best offline hockey game ever made! No regrets in purchasing this game! The only thing I'd like to see more of is penalties, but I'll sacrifice the small amount of special teams play for how awesome this game is playing 5v5. I did draw a penalty, but I scored on the 6v5 therefore no official PP was given.

Minnesota North Stars at New York Americans
Oct 30, 123F
MIN (0-0)0112
NY (0-0)1023
Three Stars
A. Panarin
1G, 1A
R.Strome
1G,0A
I.Shesterkin
22 Saves
Team Stats Comparison
MINNY
Shots on Goal2427
Hits113
Faceoffs Won-Lost1210
Penalty Minutes00
Power Plays Converted00
Power Play Opportunities00
Time on Attack5:175:07
Scoring Summary

Last edited by The EVHL; 10-30-2020 at 03:05 AM.
Old 10-31-2020, 01:32 PM   #5
MVP

TopSide83's Arena

Going to give these a try but not with that camera angle. Not sure how you guys all play with that camera. I’m all about realistic gameplay and true broadcast gives off the best feel of a real game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-01-2020, 01:28 AM   #6
Pro

The EVHL's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopSide83
Going to give these a try but not with that camera angle. Not sure how you guys all play with that camera. I’m all about realistic gameplay and true broadcast gives off the best feel of a real game.
Well these sliders aren't going for a perfect representation of "real" gameplay as that's rather impossible for a hockey video game. What it is aiming for is a challenging game of virtual hockey due to more "realistic" variables needing to be accounted for. My league is a fictional esport league, therefore the top-down view of the game would be the most "realistic" camera to play at.

All that being said, if the sliders work for you, more power to you if you can play on true broadcast. I find the camera to limit my creativity with the puck which takes the skill out of the game for me. Interesting enough, before the skill stick, I always played hockey games from the broadcast camera. NHL Hitz Pro was my favorite game and my friends always called me crazy for playing at that angle, but I thought they were crazy NOT too!

To each their own!
Old 11-13-2020, 02:58 PM   #7
Pro

The EVHL's Arena

All slider makers and people testing sliders should make sure the game is not in the "speed glitch" state. On my settings, if you can fully charge a pass to someone within 5 feet and catch the puck clean, the game is in the "speed glitch" state.

Steps to mitigate:
1. In-game that you've observed the speed glitch, switch to one of the 4 default presets, play for a second and notice the difference, then quit the game.

2. Go back to game settings and cycle through presets to find your desired preset that you previously saved.

3. Quit the app (NHL 21) without entering another game.

4. Reboot the app and your gameplay should actually adhere to the slider settings of your preset again.

With my settings, I've found this is the difference between playing 0-6 combined goal games and 14+ combined goal games. That's how drastic the difference is when the "speed glitch" is in full effect. Game becomes drastically easier, pass receptions are prefect acceleration/agility/animations are sped up, one-timers never miss, goalies are always slow to get cross crease.
Old 11-13-2020, 04:02 PM   #8
Rookie

AllIn989's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by HipNotiiC_x
All slider makers and people testing sliders should make sure the game is not in the "speed glitch" state. On my settings, if you can fully charge a pass to someone within 5 feet and catch the puck clean, the game is in the "speed glitch" state.

Steps to mitigate:
1. In-game that you've observed the speed glitch, switch to one of the 4 default presets, play for a second and notice the difference, then quit the game.

2. Go back to game settings and cycle through presets to find your desired preset that you previously saved.

3. Quit the app (NHL 21) without entering another game.

4. Reboot the app and your gameplay should actually adhere to the slider settings of your preset again.

With my settings, I've found this is the difference between playing 0-6 combined goal games and 14+ combined goal games. That's how drastic the difference is when the "speed glitch" is in full effect. Game becomes drastically easier, pass receptions are prefect acceleration/agility/animations are sped up, one-timers never miss, goalies are always slow to get cross crease.
can you use your set on all star?

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders »