Home

What Engine Is The Best For Current Gen Madden....Ignite Or Frostbite?

This is a discussion on What Engine Is The Best For Current Gen Madden....Ignite Or Frostbite? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Will Feature All 134 FBS Schools - Herbstreit, Fowler, Pollack & More in the Game
We Wish MLB Network Presentation Would Return in MLB The Show 24
Sports Game Pet Peeve: Let Us Back Out Before a Game Starts

Old 10-30-2020, 01:06 AM   #1
Pro

WeAreAllKings's Arena

OVR: 0
What Engine Is The Best For Current Gen Madden....Ignite Or Frostbite?

So I’m sitting here playing M17 on my PS4 and I’m not seeing any of the “glitchy” animations that I’ve seen in the Frostbite iterations of Madden. For one, there doesn’t seem to be much of the Robo QB or Statue QB that we’ve seen in the past few years. M21 did get a little better, but the new back pedal 10-15 yards to take a sack is quite ridiculous. Even though I found a way to somewhat decrease it with editing the QBs traits as well as the O-Linemen’s traits, it’s still there at times. So, my question is, would you prefer a return to the Ignite engine or do you prefer the Frostbite engine instead?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-30-2020, 09:17 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: What Engine Is The Best For Current Gen Madden....Ignite Or Frostbite?

To be honest? I would like to see them try Unreal Engine 5. There is zero chance EA would do it because they would never pay for the license to use it. EA likes to create their own "in house" game engines to save a few bucks. However as we all see, the engines EA create do not translate to great sports gaming platforms. May work well for war games or shooters but not sports titles. Until they implement a solid physics engine and completely new A.I algorithms, Madden will be stuck in the mud.
Old 10-30-2020, 09:25 AM   #3
Rookie

If I were EA, I would contact 2K sports and try to buy the code for NFL2k. Put a fresh coat of paint on NFL 2K8 with ray tracing, updated player models and call it good. No one would ever tell a soul, we would all just get a decent football experience again.
Old 10-30-2020, 03:55 PM   #4
Pro

I am not trolling.

Is there really a difference? From what I recall, we did not like either one. When EA made these announcements regarding the engines, they were met with cheers and solutes.

Then we complained about this. We complained about that. We hated this, we hated that. But then we said to give it time. As EA figures out the technology it will improved. Then eventually they announced they were scraping one and moving to the next.

Then the cycle continued.
Old 10-30-2020, 04:10 PM   #5

m1ke_nyc's Arena

OVR: 7

Neither. Ignite was supposed to allow them to share technologies between all of their games. That never panned out. In fact nothing panned out from their original vision at the start of this gen. Frostbite I’m not sure what it’s purpose is outside of making the game look a little prettier.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-30-2020, 05:39 PM   #6
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

If I had to choose I would say ignite. I really don’t think that Ignite produced good games but I think it got even worse with frostbite

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 10-30-2020, 05:48 PM   #7
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16

Frostbite allowed PC gamers to take advantage of some work on modding other Frostbite games. That's about the only benefit I saw.
Old 10-30-2020, 08:15 PM   #8
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

This really isn't an important question for end-users speaking to gameplay. Madden has been Madden for basically this entire console generation, so it's iteratively improved every year as most AAA sports games are these days. That said:

Frostbite is immediately and obviously the more impressive graphics tech. Ignite, as far as I know, never delivered 4K or HDR. Those only made it into Madden in Madden 18, which coincided with the release of the PS4 Pro, XBOX One X, and the game's transition to Frostbite. In addition to more impressive lighting and shading, the game environment geometry is much more detailed now. This admittedly is mostly limited to stadium exterior shots and story mode cutscenes.

As far as the game itself goes, Frostbite allowed Madden to get onto PC, whereas no Ignite Madden game ever got that far. That's another obvious victory.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »