Home

Did they give up on Blitz Battles?

This is a discussion on Did they give up on Blitz Battles? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-31-2020, 10:30 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Did they give up on Blitz Battles?

3 days in a row of taekwondo KO mode. The worst of all the rule sets. No next event and the clock is frozen at zero. At least switch it to one round boxing or minute to win it if it isn’t going to update anymore.

I enjoy playing the mode when it’s boxing or 1-2 minute fights. Taekwondo is too limiting, gets boring with the predictability and readability of kicks. KO mode is lackluster with a limited tool set, boxing or taekwondo in KO mode is just too repetitive. You need the ability to mix it up to make it fun.

I understand if the player base is too low for the mode and you can’t update daily. But at least give us an enjoyable rule set if it isn’t going to change.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-02-2020, 11:25 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Did they give up on Blitz Battles?

How about they change this entire mode to simulation mode?
Old 11-02-2020, 07:53 PM   #3
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcelts
How about they change this entire mode to simulation mode?
That would actually be ****ing awesome. By simulation mode, you mean UD3 style, correct?

Cause that’s how you get truly strategic, spam-free play out of an MMA game. Just drastically increase the damage and stamina tax of everything.

Every strike inflicts like 5x the power. Health drains exponentially faster for every strike absorbed. If you eat 20 clean hooks to the head you’re already a sitting duck for the KO. One clean straight counter punch can be game over.

Likewise, every action requires 5-10x more stamina. Short term stamina drains extremely fast and takes much longer to refill. Throwing 2 or 3 big flurries in a row completely drains your short term stamina.

As a result players really value every strike they throw. They commit to lengthy flurries only when it makes sense and they pick their shots carefully to avoid gassing to quickly. Likewise they’re extremely careful not to overextend, as just a few clean strikes can be game over.

Sure, on paper, it may not sound realistic that a pro fighter would be winded from just 4 or 5 flurries. But the end result is very positive and has a very realistic effect on gameplay. It makes people play in a very strategic way. And you can still pressure, still use high volume, still have an active 5 round fight. UD3 sim mode still had plenty of action packed 5 rounders. But it’s much more of a chess match, much more drama filled and tense, as opposed to a button mash fest.
Old 11-03-2020, 09:44 AM   #4
MVP

Boiler569's Arena

Blitz has been one of the biggest disappointments for real

Very few modes; poor rotations; etc....and I swear I always get 1 Minute to Win It KO Mode or whatever with Women's Fly lmao so yea idk if i will ever get this trophy
FNR4 Gamestop Vegas Tournament Qualifier
Ranked #1 (EA MMA)

UFC 3 LEC: 2x Diamond; 6x Plat.
@Boiler569 on Twitter & Twitch
Old 11-03-2020, 10:10 AM   #5
MVP

I wish it wasn't a 6 fight commitment. Would be great if we could back out and re-enter where we left off as long as it's still on the same mode. Also be cool if they could add a simple leaderboard just based on how many you have won.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »