Home

New Way To Circle Out & Escape Pressure

This is a discussion on New Way To Circle Out & Escape Pressure within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-03-2020, 04:12 PM   #1
MVP

Boiler569's Arena

OVR: 0
New Way To Circle Out & Escape Pressure

I recently taught one of my leaguemates the R1 + R2 + L-Stick Arm Raised Retreat - is that the proper term?

When used judiciously, it's more effective in evading berzerker attacks than the hop step or sway-back ... but your counter opportunities are more limited.

What I would love to see is a similar mechanic for lateral movement & circling out.

You could choose to use the current Major Lunges to get to the side of an opponent for a counter strike (please fix hit detection from the side angles!!!! ) ..... or, you could choose to use this new Circle Out mechanic to simply get off the center-line while also retreating.

Speed of the retreat & stamina-loss of using this manuver both correlated w/ Footwork stat.

The counter to someone doing this all the time?

Cut off the cage, but also, RUN and chase down the fighter circling out, trying to corner him against the cage, and/or catch him w/ a big head kick/etc.

Running after someone of course should come at a small cost to stamina, and very high vulnerability i.e. if you are running after the retreating fighter, and he catches you coming in w/ a strike ... good night (Stipe vs. Werdium style).

I'm sure a few people will say this will cause people to run away a lot more and it'd be boring etc etc .... but I call it not being a mindless zombie berzerker ... they sound cool in theory but really, they are not bahaha

At least for UFC 5 if it's too late to add something this complex ... pleaseee I'll take it as an early Xmas Present
FNR4 Gamestop Vegas Tournament Qualifier
Ranked #1 (EA MMA)

UFC 3 LEC: 2x Diamond; 6x Plat.
@Boiler569 on Twitter & Twitch

Last edited by Boiler569; 11-03-2020 at 04:15 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-05-2020, 10:24 AM   #2
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: New Way To Circle Out & Escape Pressure

As someone who extends their hand to create distance all the time, I support what you're selling here.

I've also wanted a way to run after my opponent that isn't a full sprint. A lot of times you can have a guy hurt but they can survive forever because their backward moving rocked speed is faster than you moving toward him. You've brought up some good suggestions.
Old 11-05-2020, 10:29 AM   #3
Rookie

There is a jab and straight you can do off of the major foward lunge that could counter this or the major lunge hook

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 11-07-2020, 02:47 PM   #4
MVP

Its really hard to counter off lunges right now

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »