Home

Incidental contact immunity slider

This is a discussion on Incidental contact immunity slider within the EA Sports NHL Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-05-2020, 01:28 PM   #1
Rookie

ProbieByKO's Arena

OVR: 4
Incidental contact immunity slider

There's talk on the ea forums that raising this to around 50 helps cut down on the poke check/tripping calls. I plan on trying this tonight just wondering if anyone has done this and how the game plays with the increase.
Toronto Blue Jays (2005- )
Toronto Raptors
Toronto FC
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-05-2020, 01:52 PM   #2
Pro

The EVHL's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Incidental contact immunity slider

That slider is literally only for puck possession. It basically is a slider that determines how long after initial puck pickup can you not be dislodged from the puck by a skate/body part or by a stick that wasn't "active" (think trying to poke or stick lift) .

Stumbles and falls are controlled by both the "stumble threshold" and "stumble and fall ease" sliders. I don't necessarily know the specific on how these two work, but my testing has made it seem like the "stumble threshold" slider deals with how often players will stumble in general. The lower it is, the less they stumble (think little bumps). The "stumble and fall ease" slider appears to lead to more "big" stumbles and straight-up falls from checks and incidental contact. The lower you go, the less big falls/stuns/stumbles you see.
Old 11-05-2020, 04:45 PM   #3
Rookie

ProbieByKO's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Incidental contact immunity slider

Quote:
Originally Posted by HipNotiiC_x
That slider is literally only for puck possession. It basically is a slider that determines how long after initial puck pickup can you not be dislodged from the puck by a skate/body part or by a stick that wasn't "active" (think trying to poke or stick lift) .

Stumbles and falls are controlled by both the "stumble threshold" and "stumble and fall ease" sliders. I don't necessarily know the specific on how these two work, but my testing has made it seem like the "stumble threshold" slider deals with how often players will stumble in general. The lower it is, the less they stumble (think little bumps). The "stumble and fall ease" slider appears to lead to more "big" stumbles and straight-up falls from checks and incidental contact. The lower you go, the less big falls/stuns/stumbles you see.
Thanks for replying. Good stuff to know. I'm guessing the thinking was if the immunity slider is turned up there's less chance of you tripping someone by catching their legs trying for a poke check. Good info about the stumble slider though.
Toronto Blue Jays (2005- )
Toronto Raptors
Toronto FC

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders »