Home

Do EA Sports Hockey developers visit this forum?

This is a discussion on Do EA Sports Hockey developers visit this forum? within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-06-2020, 05:15 PM   #1
MVP

tcnumba10's Arena

OVR: 11
Do EA Sports Hockey developers visit this forum?

Just wondering if anyone knows if they come to this forum for feedback?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-06-2020, 05:26 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Do EA Sports Hockey developers visit this forum?

There is zero reason for them to come here. If you want to post about how you like the game, you get run off by the "true" hockey fans. EA stopped making games for the sim community years ago.

Not sure why people keep thinking that will if they run off the core audience for the game.

Most people don't want to play games with folks that use video games to show their vast sports knowledge by complaining bout how 'not realistic" a $60 console game is.
Old 11-06-2020, 10:37 PM   #3
Banned

babaracus88's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayhawkerStL
There is zero reason for them to come here. If you want to post about how you like the game, you get run off by the "true" hockey fans. EA stopped making games for the sim community years ago.

Not sure why people keep thinking that will if they run off the core audience for the game.

Most people don't want to play games with folks that use video games to show their vast sports knowledge by complaining bout how 'not realistic" a $60 console game is.
I don't think you are correct. it's the new people to the game "which EA caters to now" who like the way the game is, but it is the people on here that have supported this game from day one or close to it who complain because we are the reason this game still exists. We spent the money to buy the game every year. Because of the offline players EA had the money to build a game every year. To keep us buying it they improved the game every year and listened to what areas of the game needed work and it seemed like they genuinely cared what we thought about their game. this is also back when EA strived to make a game that was a real simulation of actual NHL hockey. this is where the slogan "if its in the game, its in the game" came from. But then the online gaming became huge and EA pretty much told the offline guys to go **** ourselves.

How would you like it if you had a job where you made the company money year after year and kept them in business and then some kind of new technology came along and they made you feel like you were kicked to the curb cause they didn't need you anymore?

This is kind of how i feel. I would hope that you wouldn't be to happy either and also wouldn't like people coming around and saying "I don't know why you offline players are so mad at EA sports." Its because they are only focused on the players of the game that keep paying micro transactions.

WE are the reason the game is still around, we are the veterans and the new people are the rookies. We just want them to reward us veterans a bit every year for our loyalty and our investment in their company instead of just rewarding the rookies.

This year they gave us the trade deadline, last year they gave us the scouting those two things are a very small part of offline franchise play and not really what offline players even asked for. Where's roster sharing? scanned faces for the players? ability to customize goalie masks? ability to modify their sh*tty rosters easier? ETC. ETC. ETC.

To you its a $60.00 dollar console game to me who has bought the game every year since 1991 it is at least a $1450 investment (29 years x $50 average price = $1450) and it goes up every year and its almost doubled in price. I'm only trying to make you realize why some people on here are bitter toward EA sports.
Old 11-07-2020, 12:05 AM   #4

Suntan Superman's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by babaracus88

How would you like it if you had a job where you made the company money year after year and kept them in business and then some kind of new technology came along and they made you feel like you were kicked to the curb cause they didn't need you anymore?
This happens all the time. It sucks, but life is about $$$. I wouldn't be surprised to find out my current job ends up the same as my last job, where a machine does 10x the work in 1/2 the time.

No one wants to hear it, but it's just reality. I stopped buying NHL games years ago, I mostly just play the 10 hour trial and then once it goes in the vault. EA, with many of their series has decided to try and appeal to the largest audience because at the end of the day, making this game is about making money. They could make a perfect hardcore sim game but if they only sell 100,000 copies, there's no way they're making it again next year.

I get your point, and I empathize deeply with it. Reality just doesn't care.
Old 11-07-2020, 12:08 PM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suntan Superman
This happens all the time. It sucks, but life is about $$$. I wouldn't be surprised to find out my current job ends up the same as my last job, where a machine does 10x the work in 1/2 the time.

No one wants to hear it, but it's just reality. I stopped buying NHL games years ago, I mostly just play the 10 hour trial and then once it goes in the vault. EA, with many of their series has decided to try and appeal to the largest audience because at the end of the day, making this game is about making money. They could make a perfect hardcore sim game but if they only sell 100,000 copies, there's no way they're making it again next year.

I get your point, and I empathize deeply with it. Reality just doesn't care.
I don’t think they will sell only 100 000 copies when they make a good Hardcore Game. It is only a massive work and the profit will be not so big as with micro transactions. It’s also easier and takes lesser time to build always new Hut Cards, give the Customer every year more or lesser the same Game plus a bugy not finished new mode. As long as this current NHL developer Team are building, we will have every year the more or lesser same Game. This Game needs an NHL producing Director with big Hockey experience and not a man who came from Basketball. So my meaning.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-07-2020, 04:43 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
There is zero reason for them to come here. If you want to post about how you like the game, you get run off by the "true" hockey fans.
I'd say that it's quite the opposite. People on this forum asking for a realistic game are being downplayed and what they really want is constantly being questioned. Just like You did.

Quote:
What does this got to do with anything? Besides you putting yourself on a pedestal? EA has these game setting like full sim etc. Why not make the full sim play to it's name and other modes for those who want to play a game that remotely resembles hockey? It really could be a game for all of us.
Old 11-08-2020, 01:16 AM   #7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey87
I'd say that it's quite the opposite. People on this forum asking for a realistic game are being downplayed and what they really want is constantly being questioned. Just like You did.

What does this got to do with anything? Besides you putting yourself on a pedestal? EA has these game setting like full sim etc. Why not make the full sim play to it's name and other modes for those who want to play a game that remotely resembles hockey? It really could be a game for all of us.
It doesn't matter. EA is concerned about the bottom line only. But it's not just about maximizing every dollar at every moment. They could try to cater to the sim crowd. But it doesn't help.

Sim gamers believe they are "helping" as they critique everything unrealistic about the game. This would be considered bad PR. A small niche of gamers sews seeds of doubt into the larger market. It's more cost effective to persuade sim gamers not to play the game. But most can't take a hint.

This is every sport. It's EA, NBA 2K, and the Show. Every game has hardcore fans feeling like they have been abandoned. They have. They think they can sell more games if they focus on younger and more casual fans. and since the sim guys then to make fun of the vast majority of their customers, why ask for more involvement?
Old 11-09-2020, 08:07 AM   #8
MVP

kinsmen7's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcnumba10
Just wondering if anyone knows if they come to this forum for feedback?
To answer your question, without going on a tangent about the quality of the game-

They used to. You used to see one or two cruising around here, the Show, Madden, etc., but it became a pretty toxic spot. I'm sure someone still checks out the forums once in a while, but nobody really comments anymore.

And really, why would they? I get that customer service is extremely important, and they could certainly use a bit of good P.R. once in a while, but coming here is just asking to get yourself in trouble.

I'm not saying that everyone's complaints aren't legitimate, because they definitely are, but if an EA dev came here, he or she would immediately be setting themselves up in a 1 vs. 500 (Or more, depending on the game) situation, which is what we've seen in the past.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »