Home

Next Gen Discussion

This is a discussion on Next Gen Discussion within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-10-2020, 01:54 PM   #1
Pro

solofx7's Arena

OVR: 7
Next Gen Discussion

I thought we should have a next gen discussion thread. I know it has only been out a few hours, but I thought a central location for discussion would be a good idea.

These are just my thoughts and opinions so far.

Graphics:
I think these are a nice upgrade. Things look much better and are more detailed. Player models are more varied IMO. I will elaborate on graphics a bit later.

Gameplay:
With only a couple of games in, I must say that I like the variety of play and scenarios that play out. Harden is a tough cover, he was torching me lol.

Overall:
I like the approach that 2K took with this game. They did not strip things out and start from scratch leaving people without the modes and features they love. It’s all there. They also did change/add somethings, and that additions are welcome. This all keeps things fresh as well as feeling normal. This is a feature rich next gen game that delivers. Oh and load times are crazy, from selection screen to gave I have measured 3-10 seconds.

Playing on Xbox Series X
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-10-2020, 02:27 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Next Gen Discussion

Do players get fatigued? Anyone playing online matches and and give an impression on how defense is like. Thanks.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk
Old 11-10-2020, 02:34 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by solofx7
I thought we should have a next gen discussion thread. I know it has only been out a few hours, but I thought a central location for discussion would be a good idea.

These are just my thoughts and opinions so far.

Graphics:
I think these are a nice upgrade. Things look much better and are more detailed. Player models are more varied IMO. I will elaborate on graphics a bit later.

Gameplay:
With only a couple of games in, I must say that I like the variety of play and scenarios that play out. Harden is a tough cover, he was torching me lol.

Overall:
I like the approach that 2K took with this game. They did not strip things out and start from scratch leaving people without the modes and features they love. It’s all there. They also did change/add somethings, and that additions are welcome. This all keeps things fresh as well as feeling normal. This is a feature rich next gen game that delivers. Oh and load times are crazy, from selection screen to gave I have measured 3-10 seconds.

Playing on Xbox Series X

Are you able to get quick resume to work on the Series X with 2K21 Next Gen? It’s not working for me. Maybe it doesn’t support the feature?
Old 11-10-2020, 03:06 PM   #4
Rookie

I’ve only played one game, but it just feels so much better. Feels like guys have weight to them. It may look similar with animations, but feels worlds better.
Old 11-10-2020, 03:15 PM   #5
Pro

Bexthelegend's Arena

A couple questions. Are there any new cosches avalible for retro teams/current teams? Or is it pretty much the same?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-10-2020, 03:25 PM   #6
Rookie

Coby White’s hair does move too haha
Old 11-10-2020, 03:28 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 15

How is the USER controlled lateral movement when in a defensive stance?
Old 11-10-2020, 03:29 PM   #8
Rookie

The game seems washed out. I played as the 2006 Heat, and their uniforms were grey. The refs uniform still had the right shade of black.

The detail in the hardwood floors is somewhat lost due to the lighting. Maybe that is more realistic, I don't know.

The cutscenes are still 30 fps during the game.

I have HDR disabled on my Xbox Series X. I might try enabling it later to see if it makes a difference.

This game does not have the crisp 4k look of the current gen version. But, that also might be due to more realistic lighting.

I like the gameplay. It is smooth and responsive. I don't regret purchasing this. But, the things I mentioned were just some quick impressions I had.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »