Home

Second season glitch? PGA 2K21

This is a discussion on Second season glitch? PGA 2K21 within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-10-2020, 03:25 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Second season glitch? PGA 2K21

Is anyone else noticing a glitch in this game in your second season of PGA Tour mode?

I have won the first two tournaments I played this season (even the announcers acknowledge this in game) and yet when I exit to the main screen it shows other golfers having the wins?

For the record I have won these tournaments by multiple strokes too
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-10-2020, 03:31 PM   #2
MVP

MrArlingtonBeach's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Second season glitch? PGA 2K21

This isn't just a second season glitch. It has happened to me multiple times, both in my first and second season. It actually just happened to me in my second season's "PGA Championship" event (I forget what it's called in the game).

I didn't even win that one...I finished in second place, then checked the post-event leaderboard and saw I was given third place and someone else added to the top of the leaderboard.

I'm pretty sure this most recent occasion of it happening was at least the fourth or fifth time I've seen it across about 1.5 in-game seasons.

Last edited by MrArlingtonBeach; 11-10-2020 at 03:33 PM.
Old 11-10-2020, 03:56 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrArlingtonBeach
This isn't just a second season glitch. It has happened to me multiple times, both in my first and second season. It actually just happened to me in my second season's "PGA Championship" event (I forget what it's called in the game).

I didn't even win that one...I finished in second place, then checked the post-event leaderboard and saw I was given third place and someone else added to the top of the leaderboard.

I'm pretty sure this most recent occasion of it happening was at least the fourth or fifth time I've seen it across about 1.5 in-game seasons.

Very strange. I didn't notice it in my first season but only now starting season two
Old 11-11-2020, 01:12 AM   #4
MVP

MrArlingtonBeach's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyPic22
Very strange. I didn't notice it in my first season but only now starting season two
The first time it happened to me was in season one, after I played the alternate event for the Champions Invitational, called the Transatlantic Championship.

I "won" that event with a -5 score, even getting the PS trophy for winning a PGA Tour event, and yet Matt Kuchar shows up in the leaderboard with a -6 and a first place finish.

It then happened to me in season two at the Southern Open, and at the Golf Club Championship...so I guess it's only happened three times in my career so far, not four or five times.
Old 11-11-2020, 11:54 AM   #5
Rookie

This happened to me in my first ever PGA tournament. I won it, and then exited the game. When I later returned to the game, two AI players had bypassed me. I lost the points, but the commentators still thought that won it.

Since that, I have always started a new tournament right after completing the previous, and I haven't suffered from the glitch. But I don't know if that trick has anything to do with it, or is it just a random glitch.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-11-2020, 06:14 PM   #6
MVP

bigjdotcom01's Arena

OVR: 6

I have seen this glitch too. I finished second in a tourney, then exited and it showed me as the winner and gave me a win, but when you go to the schedule and check the results I was indeed second. Also in this tourney, I led by 5 strokes after the third round, yet when I started the fourth round I was suddenly six shots back.

This game has some odd glitches, but is still really enjoyable to play.
Old 11-13-2020, 03:31 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjdotcom01
I have seen this glitch too. I finished second in a tourney, then exited and it showed me as the winner and gave me a win, but when you go to the schedule and check the results I was indeed second. Also in this tourney, I led by 5 strokes after the third round, yet when I started the fourth round I was suddenly six shots back.

This game has some odd glitches, but is still really enjoyable to play.

If you do the following........

Play the 1st Round (of a 4 Rounder).......Exit Career Mode......Exit the Game......Turn off your PS4.....Turn on your PS4.......Enter Career Mode......Play the 2nd Round.....

....then you will get a whole new Leaderboard. It seems the Game forgot that the AI Players played the 1st Round, too. Instead, the game simply simulates the 1st round and completely random AI scores are created.

Career Mode and AI-Scoring is still completely broken if we want to play more than 1 Round per Tournament. Unacceptable.

Last edited by Dirkk1974; 11-13-2020 at 03:36 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »