Home

using K as P (classic teams)

This is a discussion on using K as P (classic teams) within the Madden NFL Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-15-2020, 04:48 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
using K as P (classic teams)

Can one of the classic roster makers share the best practice for classic teams that had a single K/P (e.g. Don Cockroft on the 68-76 Browns)?

I have a single K Cockroft at both positions on the depth chart, so he is technically out of position at P. And I just had him shank 2 punts back-to-back (12 yards total) in M20, in a game being played in the rain.

Was this a fluke due to the bad weather, or do I need (or is it just best practice) to have 2 separate players? e.g. CockroftK and CockroftP
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-15-2020, 11:03 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 6
Re: using K as P (classic teams)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbgeek
Can one of the classic roster makers share the best practice for classic teams that had a single K/P (e.g. Don Cockroft on the 68-76 Browns)?

I have a single K Cockroft at both positions on the depth chart, so he is technically out of position at P. And I just had him shank 2 punts back-to-back (12 yards total) in M20, in a game being played in the rain.

Was this a fluke due to the bad weather, or do I need (or is it just best practice) to have 2 separate players? e.g. CockroftK and CockroftP
It’s got nothing to do with him being “out of position.” Sometimes on madden punters just shank punts in weather games. Happens more in Windy games and Rain games. Don’t see it as much in snow games. It’s aggravating.

The file is called xboxassantesgreatestever.

Teams finished:
Bears, bills, browns, KC, Dall, Miami, Philly, ATL, SF, NYG, Jags, GB, NE, OAK, Rams, Ravens, WASH, NO, PITT, broncos, Texans, panthers, vikings, colts
Old 11-16-2020, 08:41 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 21

Unless his kicking ratings are low, that probably shouldn't happen.

I have used punters as kickers in classic teams without issue before. You can always create 2 Don Cockrofts with different jersey numbers too, like 12 and 13. Sort of ruins the immersion factor, but at least you have the real names.

Like Tommy said, there must be something else going on that is causing the shanks if the kick ratings are sufficiently high,

C
Old 11-16-2020, 06:19 PM   #4
Rookie

@tommycoa @capa

Thank you for your replies. I appreciate your work, and trust and respect your opinions.
K Cockroft has ratings of kick power = 83 & kick accuracy = 65.

The game I mentioned is being played in rain in Cleveland on M20. I will chalk it up to effect of the weather.
Old 11-16-2020, 07:26 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbgeek
@tommycoa @capa

Thank you for your replies. I appreciate your work, and trust and respect your opinions.
K Cockroft has ratings of kick power = 83 & kick accuracy = 65.

The game I mentioned is being played in rain in Cleveland on M20. I will chalk it up to effect of the weather.
If it continues to happen in cleaner weather games, maybe bump his kick accuracy up to 75. Been awhile since I played Madden 20. I don’t remember the kicking wind glitch being there at the end of the year with all the arches. I may be wrong. Like I said. It’s been awhile.

The file is called xboxassantesgreatestever.

Teams finished:
Bears, bills, browns, KC, Dall, Miami, Philly, ATL, SF, NYG, Jags, GB, NE, OAK, Rams, Ravens, WASH, NO, PITT, broncos, Texans, panthers, vikings, colts
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-16-2020, 07:53 PM   #6
Rookie

I think it is a combination of both. He finished the "rain" game with 9 punts for 161 yards, avg of 17.8. So I started another game in good weather, and his 1st punt only went 27 yards. I'm going to boost his ratings a bit.

Thanks again guys!

BTW, the passing efficiency (for both teams) in the "rain" game was awful, as it should be. Lots of "inaccurate throws".

Last edited by bbgeek; 11-16-2020 at 08:04 PM.
Old 11-17-2020, 07:44 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 21

Yes, those ratings are very low.....boost them and you won't see the issue anymore. Power should be at least 85 and accuracy should be fairly high as well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters »