Home

Player Lock Teammates

This is a discussion on Player Lock Teammates within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-16-2020, 12:03 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Player Lock Teammates

Does anyone else who uses player lock in MyNBA as an offline and unrestricted career mode have serious balance issues?

It is worse than the early MyPlayer years where your teammates are more useless than bumps on a log and the cpu team is fluid and firing on all cylinders.

I would love to get this option to work well as the custom legends roster I made will be a ton of fun.

But it's pretty worthless right now.

Is this something someone had addressed with sliders?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-16-2020, 04:01 AM   #2
MVP

Tynole14's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Player Lock Teammates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daywalker86
Does anyone else who uses player lock in MyNBA as an offline and unrestricted career mode have serious balance issues?

It is worse than the early MyPlayer years where your teammates are more useless than bumps on a log and the cpu team is fluid and firing on all cylinders.

I would love to get this option to work well as the custom legends roster I made will be a ton of fun.

But it's pretty worthless right now.

Is this something someone had addressed with sliders?
Me and my buddy live to play player lock. Think it's the best way to play honestly. But to do so all of the player tendencies must be worked on. And sliders need changing too. I do so with my roster. Just started on ps5.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
Old 11-16-2020, 02:09 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tynole14
Me and my buddy live to play player lock. Think it's the best way to play honestly. But to do so all of the player tendencies must be worked on. And sliders need changing too. I do so with my roster. Just started on ps5.

Can you share with me what some of those settings are traditionally? The biggest problem I am having is that when on player lock, teammates are pretty useless and clueless as defenders -> and on the offensive end, do not seem to have access to the same level of skill and aggression as the CPU counterparts.

It's maddening watching the CPU teams players play like they ought to...cutting, driving, finishing, adjusting on screens and defending...while on the other end we've got some crash dummies.

I want the challenge, but I don't want it to be so unbalanced that it isn't fun. If I'm on player lock as a PG with Jordan and Pippen....they should play like them. They shouldn't be offensively inept, definitely shouldn't be getting shredded with zero resistance on D.
Old 11-16-2020, 02:15 PM   #4
MVP

Tynole14's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daywalker86
Can you share with me what some of those settings are traditionally? The biggest problem I am having is that when on player lock, teammates are pretty useless and clueless as defenders -> and on the offensive end, do not seem to have access to the same level of skill and aggression as the CPU counterparts.

It's maddening watching the CPU teams players play like they ought to...cutting, driving, finishing, adjusting on screens and defending...while on the other end we've got some crash dummies.

I want the challenge, but I don't want it to be so unbalanced that it isn't fun. If I'm on player lock as a PG with Jordan and Pippen....they should play like them. They shouldn't be offensively inept, definitely shouldn't be getting shredded with zero resistance on D.
Well we only work on current teams and there's a lot.
Theres no way to explain all in text. All of the player tendencies have to be fixed.
On my roster I only have the Magic and Heat done. Makes the world of difference if you are playing player lock.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »