Home

Madden 21 Franchise Mode Patch - Review of Update 1

This is a discussion on Madden 21 Franchise Mode Patch - Review of Update 1 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-16-2020, 05:25 PM   #1
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
Madden 21 Franchise Mode Patch - Review of Update 1

The first of three planned upgrades to Madden 21's franchise mode was included in a November...

Written By: Kevin Scott

Click here to view the article.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-16-2020, 06:29 PM   #2
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Madden 21 Franchise Mode Patch - Review of Update 1

Retirements have always been in the transaction log during the postseason. The only "retirements" that didn't show up was when players were deleted from the game once they were cut after the preseason. Players like Larry Fitzgerald and Adrian Peterson would always get cut deleted with not a mention or even being eligible for the Hall of Fame but that has since been fixed.

I thought this franchise patch would increase my enjoyment of the game. But I don't feel any better about it since it came out. Yes there's some quality of life improvements but at the end of the day it doesn't really change my franchise experience. The week to week stuff is unchanged. There's even some drills that are still bugged since launch and will softlock the game.

Hopefully Madden 22 makes some meaningful changes that changes up the way Franchise mode operates but it's been the same for years now.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk
Old 11-17-2020, 01:08 AM   #3
MVP

briz1046's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 21 Franchise Mode Patch - Review of Update 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneamongthefence
Retirements have always been in the transaction log during the postseason. The only "retirements" that didn't show up was when players were deleted from the game once they were cut after the preseason. Players like Larry Fitzgerald and Adrian Peterson would always get cut deleted with not a mention or even being eligible for the Hall of Fame but that has since been fixed.
The way they "fixed" this was by reverting back to the original way players were deleted ..ie by OVR ( whereas for a couple of years prior to a recent patch it had been done by age ) .

Players are still deleted , but now its back to mostly young , low OVR players who aren't on PS ( and consequently dont have the same name recognition) .There has been no fundamental change made in this area just shifting of the issue back to where people often complained teams draft picks would disappear from FA if cut .

Last edited by briz1046; 11-17-2020 at 01:10 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »