Home

If Crossplay allows us to download pc roster shares it would fix a lot of art issues

This is a discussion on If Crossplay allows us to download pc roster shares it would fix a lot of art issues within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-20-2020, 06:51 AM   #1
Pro

Bexthelegend's Arena

OVR: 0
If Crossplay allows us to download pc roster shares it would fix a lot of art issues

Imagine if crossplay is implemented, and when you go to 2k share you can download items from all platforms. Being able to download a PC modders version of a player would be huge. Same thing with court designs. If this were a thing, it might actually resolve 99% of the art issues we have every year.

Bad Cap face for Patrick Ewing? Download player dna for him from a PC modder. Would take a lot of pressure off the devs
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-20-2020, 07:44 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: If Crossplay allows us to download pc roster shares it would fix a lot of art iss

100% Agree, this would be huge and we would have access to the best classic team rosters
Old 11-20-2020, 11:14 AM   #3
MVP

midwestking100's Arena

Re: If Crossplay allows us to download pc roster shares it would fix a lot of art iss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bexthelegend
Imagine if crossplay is implemented, and when you go to 2k share you can download items from all platforms. Being able to download a PC modders version of a player would be huge. Same thing with court designs. If this were a thing, it might actually resolve 99% of the art issues we have every year.

Bad Cap face for Patrick Ewing? Download player dna for him from a PC modder. Would take a lot of pressure off the devs
This 1000 percent. This would persuade me to really upgrade my system so 2k can take all of my money. Wouldnt hear a complaint from me anymore.
Old 11-21-2020, 09:38 AM   #4
Rookie

I co-sign this request.
Old 11-22-2020, 03:35 AM   #5
MVP

midwestking100's Arena

Im praying for this to happen for us classic rosters sake. I want to at least run with barkley once in a video game instead of a carbon copy
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-22-2020, 07:25 AM   #6
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28

I don’t think what you’re suggesting is possible even with Crossplay.

Most player mods are additional game files or updated game assets that would never be allowed to be downloaded onto a console outside of 2KShare uploads. The edits to FaceID, MuralID, etc that happen on PC mods would leave a console user with broken cyberfaces all over the place. Global mods also aren’t included in a roster file.
Old 11-22-2020, 07:58 AM   #7
MVP

XxKnicksRules215xX's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by youALREADYknow

Most player mods are additional game files or updated game assets that would never be allowed to be downloaded onto a console outside of 2KShare uploads. The edits to FaceID, MuralID, etc that happen on PC mods would leave a console user with broken cyberfaces all over the place. Global mods also aren’t included in a roster file.
I’m glad someone finally said it lmao.
Old 11-22-2020, 08:16 AM   #8
MVP

jk31's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by youALREADYknow

i mean even if the Art files some how end up on the console, then you'd still need the nba 2k hook Tool that allows external Art files to be loaded up.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »