Home

10-8 Grappling Round

This is a discussion on 10-8 Grappling Round within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-22-2020, 02:29 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0
10-8 Grappling Round

Just thought I'd share something I found kind of cool.

Just had a couple 10-8 grappling rounds where I didn't score any rocks/knockdown. Only reason I suspect I got them was because I sustained basically no damage and grappled for almost the entirety of the round.

Thought that was pretty cool.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-22-2020, 06:05 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: 10-8 Grappling Round

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRizzzle

Just had a couple 10-8 grappling rounds where I didn't score any rocks/knockdown. Only reason I suspect I got them was because I sustained basically no damage and grappled for almost the entirety of the round.

Love love love the 10-8 grappling rounds in this game. Advaita got one over GamingEcho just yesterday on ESFL.
Old 11-23-2020, 11:50 PM   #3
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRizzzle

Just had a couple 10-8 grappling rounds where I didn't score any rocks/knockdown. Only reason I suspect I got them was because I sustained basically no damage and grappled for almost the entirety of the round. an once in blue moon phenomenal can be a every match reality in UFC4 as long as one side keep spam single leg or slam.

Easy right? since take down defense is none existence in this donkeycraft you call EA sport UFC 4 and some take down moves such as single legs & over shoulder slam have no plenty for spamming over and over, also nearly impossible to defend.

Last edited by Windtear; 11-24-2020 at 01:38 AM.
Old 11-26-2020, 07:52 PM   #4
EA Sports UFC Gameplay Developer

TapOrSnap's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windtear
Easy right? since take down defense is none existence in this donkeycraft you call EA sport UFC 4 and some take down moves such as single legs & over shoulder slam have no plenty for spamming over and over, also nearly impossible to defend.
As I have stated before I get that people want to tear down our game because they have a gripe with us but please don't tear down the enjoyment others are getting out of it.

I'm right here. I have enough posts on this site that you can reply to me with your vitriol. Leave those that are genuinely enjoying the game and only want to share that enjoyment out of it.

"donkeycraft" is not a word I've heard before. I like it, I'm stealing it, I have no idea when I'll have cause to use it but it's mine now.
Old 11-26-2020, 07:54 PM   #5

TapOrSnap's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windtear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyaf
Love love love the 10-8 grappling rounds in this game. Advaita got one over GamingEcho just yesterday on ESFL.
Glad you guys are enjoying it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-26-2020, 09:41 PM   #6
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TapOrSnap
Glad you guys are enjoying it.
Tap, I have to start by admitting I have not purchased the game due to my disappointment with the beta and certain aspects of the game. Things seem to be going in a good direction but I wanted to at least admit I do not own the game nor have played recently.. with that said, what is the cause of a 10-8 grappling round? I’m very excited to hear that those are in the game but I’m curious how those are achieved? Idk if that’s too complex to explain here but any insight would be awesome.
Old 11-27-2020, 01:37 PM   #7

TapOrSnap's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Waterboy92
Tap, I have to start by admitting I have not purchased the game due to my disappointment with the beta and certain aspects of the game. Things seem to be going in a good direction but I wanted to at least admit I do not own the game nor have played recently.. with that said, what is the cause of a 10-8 grappling round? I’m very excited to hear that those are in the game but I’m curious how those are achieved? Idk if that’s too complex to explain here but any insight would be awesome.
I have to be very careful here to not say too much. However I will try to give you a birds eye view of how judging works both in real life and the game.

In real life judges are given criteria upon which to judge a round, our judges are given the same criteria. Just like in real life some judges will have a slight bias towards one area of the game than another. This is not intentional in real life but a judge with more experience in BJJ for example might see the nuance to a fighter's technique when grappling which the other judges miss and hence give a higher score in a grapple heavy match. As our judges receive exactly the same data we have given them each a small bias otherwise they would always score identically which would not reflect the reality of the sport. Just like in real life at the end of the round each judge tallies their scores based on what they saw filtered through their own biases and if the difference between the scores is significantly large they award a 10-8 round to the victor.

In the case of a grappling heavy round with limited standup striking and few submission or GnP situations most of the scoring will come from this section of the rules:

"Successful execution of takedowns, submission attempts, reversals and the achievement of advantageous positions that produce immediate or cumulative impact with the potential to contribute to the end of the match, with the IMMEDIATE weighing more heavily than the cumulative impact.” It shall be noted that a successful takedown is not merely a changing of position, but the establishment of an attack from the use of the takedown. Top and bottom position fighters are assessed more on the impactful/effective result of their actions, more so than their position."

https://mmareferee.com/?q=unifiedrules

I hope that answers your question as well as the questions of any of the folks who actually bought the game.
Old 11-27-2020, 01:54 PM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TapOrSnap
I have to be very careful here to not say too much. However I will try to give you a birds eye view of how judging works both in real life and the game.

In real life judges are given criteria upon which to judge a round, our judges are given the same criteria. Just like in real life some judges will have a slight bias towards one area of the game than another. This is not intentional in real life but a judge with more experience in BJJ for example might see the nuance to a fighter's technique when grappling which the other judges miss and hence give a higher score in a grapple heavy match. As our judges receive exactly the same data we have given them each a small bias otherwise they would always score identically which would not reflect the reality of the sport. Just like in real life at the end of the round each judge tallies their scores based on what they saw filtered through their own biases and if the difference between the scores is significantly large they award a 10-8 round to the victor.

In the case of a grappling heavy round with limited standup striking and few submission or GnP situations most of the scoring will come from this section of the rules:

"Successful execution of takedowns, submission attempts, reversals and the achievement of advantageous positions that produce immediate or cumulative impact with the potential to contribute to the end of the match, with the IMMEDIATE weighing more heavily than the cumulative impact.” It shall be noted that a successful takedown is not merely a changing of position, but the establishment of an attack from the use of the takedown. Top and bottom position fighters are assessed more on the impactful/effective result of their actions, more so than their position."

https://mmareferee.com/?q=unifiedrules

I hope that answers your question as well as the questions of any of the folks who actually bought the game.
Thank you for this. Does the game select judges for each match from a pool larger than 3? So we don't have the same 3 judge archetypes each time.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Operation Sports mobile app

Last edited by Evil97; 11-27-2020 at 01:57 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »