Home

2007 Schedule in NCAA 14

This is a discussion on 2007 Schedule in NCAA 14 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-22-2020, 10:36 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
2007 Schedule in NCAA 14

Hey all. I am new to editing dynasty files but I'm pretty savvy about these things generally . I found a working 2007-2008 roster for NCAA 14 and I want to do kind of a replay of that season on Twitch. I created a dynasty with the conferences set pretty close to what they were that season, but I would like to get the schedule set correctly as well. Is there a streamlined way do this? I have a dynasty file from NCAA 2008 that helps. Obviously, there are more fields in the tables and more teams, but its seems like enough of the data matches to pull it off. Any thoughts?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-23-2020, 01:02 AM   #2
Pro

Re: 2007 Schedule in NCAA 14

I’ve been thinking of doing something similar for a while now. I’ve been working on schedules for years 2010-2012. What did you do for the teams like ODU, UTSA and Georgia State who were FCS at the time? Did you just put them as independents?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-08-2020, 12:38 AM   #3
Rookie

Way late reply on this. So it took a few weeks of playing around with the editor, but the key for me for getting this to work was sorting the table data in excel so I could pick and choose the schedule data from the 2008 game. So far, it had been working pretty well, but I'm stuck on week 3, but that is due to an issue with this roster file. Even on exhibition, if I try to load Maryland as the home team, I get stuck on the loading screen forever.
Old 12-08-2020, 12:43 AM   #4
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExplodeYourself
Way late reply on this. So it took a few weeks of playing around with the editor, but the key for me for getting this to work was sorting the table data in excel so I could pick and choose the schedule data from the 2008 game. So far, it had been working pretty well, but I'm stuck on week 3, but that is due to an issue with this roster file. Even on exhibition, if I try to load Maryland as the home team, I get stuck on the loading screen forever.

What exactly do you mean by sorting the it in excel? Also, I had problems with the old rosters I originally downloaded because they would freeze the game like you mentioned and would freeze my dynasty towards the end of the season. I was able to figure out what was causing the freezing and was able to fix it, so I can post a file for you if you want.

Old 12-08-2020, 09:42 PM   #5
Rookie

Re: 2007 Schedule in NCAA 14 and broken roster discussion

Basically I had to use bruceforce and the dynasty editor to export the schedule tables from a 2008 dynasty and a 2014 schedule with 2007 roster, old conference alignments, and the newer teams as independents. I then had Excel (libreoffice calc exactly) sort the schedule tables table by the team ID. Luckily they assigned the newer teams the IDs at the end of the list so those games ended up at the bottom. Then I copied the columns that I needed from the NCAA 08 table into the NCAA 14 table and imported it back in with the Dynasty Editor. It worked surprisingly well. I have simmed up to Week 8 with any issues.

Regarding the broken UMD roster, if you have a PS3 one for 2007 season that you know that Maryland at home works, that would be great. If you have any tips beyond what you would find on a google search, that would help too. I have already when through and checked all of those players in game and there is not anything like a player being neon green or purple or anything like that.

I have tried to software perspective and thought about what the game does during "Loading" screen. Looking in the editor, I do not see any players' "descriptions" values that seem way out of bounds. I compared the roster with the one on their IRL UMD's website and there are some things that I did to correct. I see a few players on the same side of the ball with the same jersey number, which I could see being a problem. I'm putting going to play around with that idea a bit.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2020, 09:42 AM   #6
Pro

Is there any way you could post the excel file for the 2008 schedule? Since I’ve been working on a lot of the old rosters, I’m also trying to get the schedules as well and I’m guessing you can just import it from the older games? The working roster I have is for 360 and idk how to convert it to PS3 but I can post the excel file to see if you’re able to import it, or I can try to explain how I did everything so you know how to do it yourself.

Old 12-21-2020, 03:59 PM   #7
Rookie

Sorry, I have been way busy at work. I attached the .csv files. I was half asleep when I did most of this. but I was still able to load the tables fine when I tried just now.

BTW, here is what this looks like in action: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/844809645?t=01h49m12s
(https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...meId=272720052)
Attached Files
File Type: zip 2007schedulecsvs.zip (15.8 KB, 5 views)

Last edited by ExplodeYourself; 12-21-2020 at 04:07 PM. Reason: Quick update
Old 12-21-2020, 04:54 PM   #8
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExplodeYourself
Sorry, I have been way busy at work. I attached the .csv files. I was half asleep when I did most of this. but I was still able to load the tables fine when I tried just now.

BTW, here is what this looks like in action: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/844809645?t=01h49m12s
(https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...meId=272720052)

Awesome thanks man. Since you’re using those in a dynasty, have you not had any problems? I tested the old ones in dynasty mode and it always froze at the end of the season. I have some edited old rosters that I fixed so they won’t freeze the game but they’re for 360. Do you know how to convert them to PS3 because I can post them on here if you want.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »