Home

Request for 2K to fix Box Scores

This is a discussion on Request for 2K to fix Box Scores within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Will Feature All 134 FBS Schools - Herbstreit, Fowler, Pollack & More in the Game
We Wish MLB Network Presentation Would Return in MLB The Show 24
Sports Game Pet Peeve: Let Us Back Out Before a Game Starts

Old 11-24-2020, 08:22 PM   #1
Rookie

antdoggydogg's Arena

OVR: 0
Request for 2K to fix Box Scores

This issue seemed to be fixed in 2K21 on the PS4, but it's gone back to the old ways on Next-Gen. Basically in the Team Comparison screen, team rebounds are being counted in the offensive rebounds and defensive rebounds category. Which is resulting in some misleading box scores. For example, The Team Comparison screen in one game said I grabbed 10 offensive rebounds, but when I went to cross-check it with the box score, I only grabbed 3 offensive rebounds. In real life Team Rebounds don't get counted in the box score or on a teams offensive rebound/defensive rebound averages for the season.

Something similar also happens in regards to fouls, Personal Fouls don't contribute to the final tally, as well as some others. But they should. So most of the time the final Foul count is off.

I think these changes would help gamers have a more familiar/realistic box score/Team Comparison screen to look at to get a better gauge on how the teams performed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-25-2020, 06:08 AM   #2
Rookie

sperlz_99's Arena

Re: Request for 2K to fix Box Scores

I agree that these stats are too high and low respectfully currently compared to the rest of the league. However I don't believe this to be the only issue particularly with rebounds.

My centre is capela and he is averaging 25 + rebounds a game. For a small centre that is odd and I'm not sure why this is happening. He seems extremely effective with offensive rebounds as well. All this playing 12 min quarters on superstar difficulty. After 6 games all played fully in 12 min quarters my team is showing as highest by a distance on rebounds per game. Lowest by a distance on fouls per game. And capela is highest by a distance on rebounds per game with the centres from teams I've played against showing next best in these categories.

Summary this Means the game engine is generating far too many rebounds particularly for centres and not enough fouls all round
Old 11-25-2020, 03:23 PM   #3
Rookie

Mortiis's Arena

what i personally hate is when i go to views stats from each team, why the hell we only see 5 players and need to scroll to see others, why can't all players be visible at once????
Old 11-25-2020, 05:55 PM   #4
Rookie

antdoggydogg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sperlz_99
I agree that these stats are too high and low respectfully currently compared to the rest of the league. However I don't believe this to be the only issue particularly with rebounds.

My centre is capela and he is averaging 25 + rebounds a game. For a small centre that is odd and I'm not sure why this is happening. He seems extremely effective with offensive rebounds as well. All this playing 12 min quarters on superstar difficulty. After 6 games all played fully in 12 min quarters my team is showing as highest by a distance on rebounds per game. Lowest by a distance on fouls per game. And capela is highest by a distance on rebounds per game with the centres from teams I've played against showing next best in these categories.

Summary this Means the game engine is generating far too many rebounds particularly for centres and not enough fouls all round
Capela and his rebounds have been an issue last couple years. It's because they gave him too many overpowering rebounding badges, he has Gold level Box Out, Worm and Rebound Chaser equipped. He doesn't deserve all of those if you look into his advanced stats. I think he should only qualify for Bronze Rebound Chaser.

But yes the box score's are a little frustrating this year because we have to scroll right to see the rest of the line. I wish we didn't have to scroll.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »