Home

Horse Power: A Denver Broncos Dynasty (M21)

This is a discussion on Horse Power: A Denver Broncos Dynasty (M21) within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-25-2020, 10:18 AM   #1
MVP

saintrules's Arena

OVR: 0
Horse Power: A Denver Broncos Dynasty (M21)

Horse Power
A Denver Broncos Franchise

Welcome to my 2020 Denver Broncos Dynasty. I'm getting back to basics here by going straight text based and keeping things easy. This thread will be similarly constructed to how I ran a couple of my early dynasties with short game summaries, tri-weekly standings updates, tri-weekly stats, and all first-person writing.

Why Denver?

I've always liked the Broncos, mainly back to the Terrell Davis days and especially when it became "No Fly Zone". I think this organization is extremely well run and there are a ton of pieces in place to start building this place back up to be a dominant force in the AFC. What will obviously make this tough is the brick wall in the form of Patrick Mahomes and the Chiefs, but also in Las Vegas and Los Angeles as they are two very talented teams. My mainstays on this team will really centralize around the receiver corps as they are a handful of long term guys I'd like to keep around. This is gonna be an exciting offense for sure.

What's my goal?

Within my first five seasons in this dynasty I would like to make it to the playoffs at least three times, win the AFC West at least twice, develop a franchise QB (whether that's Drew Lock or not), and make it to the AFC Championship.

House Rules?

I play every down of every game. Nine minute quarters, no run-off, Custom All-Madden Sliders, T-Dawg XP Sliders, no injuries, and no pre-existing injuries.

I turn off injuries to start this season. I could always turn them back on, but there's way too much to keep track of when other teams deal with injuries. Too much to keep up on, let's keep it simple!

Let the games begin!

Last edited by saintrules; 11-28-2020 at 10:00 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-25-2020, 10:20 AM   #2
MVP

saintrules's Arena

Re: Horse Power: A Denver Broncos Dynasty (M21)

Reserved for Denver HQ
Old 11-25-2020, 10:21 AM   #3
MVP

saintrules's Arena

Reserved for NFL HQ
Old 11-25-2020, 10:22 AM   #4
MVP

saintrules's Arena

Reserved for Stats HQ
Old 11-25-2020, 10:23 AM   #5
MVP

saintrules's Arena

Good to go from here! Kicking things off with a team preview since I've turned pre-existing injuries off and am using the Week 10 Player Update.

Last edited by saintrules; 11-25-2020 at 01:10 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-25-2020, 10:25 AM   #6
MVP

saintrules's Arena

SEASON 1
2020-2021
Old 11-28-2020, 09:35 AM   #7
MVP

saintrules's Arena

Denver Broncos Preview
September 13th, 2020

Broncos "Lock" in ahead of 2020

Denver, CO - The 2020-2021 NFL Schedule & Roster have been released from Denver today for the upcoming NFL Season.

There is no easy week in the NFL, but that's not to say there are not easier weeks than others. In the case of the Denver Broncos schedule, things start off pretty tough.

Denver will play host to last season's AFC runner-up, Tennessee, in an exciting Monday Night Football contest. Derrick Henry and Ryan Tannehill will certainly be looking to get things off on the right foot following last year's 9-7 campaign and Denver will have it's hands full with Henry, not to mention the rest of Tennessee's talented roster.

Following the Monday Night game, Denver will head to Pittsburgh to face a, now healthy, talented Pittsburgh defense. If there's any game this season that will test Drew Lock, it's this one. Pittsburgh finished last season 8-8 off the back of their defense, following their colossal meltdown at QB.

As for the AFC West, there's no slouch. Kansas City is back with much of the same roster that became World Champions in 2019, Los Angeles has a new signal caller, and the Raiders have a new home in Vegas, plus some talented additions.

The Broncos are projected by many to earn 7 wins and finish 4th in the AFC West. Las Vegas is projected to go even at 8-8, Los Angeles clinches the Wild Card with 10 wins, and Kansas City goes 13-3 on their way to another AFC West Championship.

Denver Schedule

Denver Broncos 2020 Schedule
DATEOPPONENTRESULT
Sep 14vs Tennessee Titans (Monday Night Football)
Sep 20at Pittsburgh Steelers
Sep 27vs Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Oct 1at New York Jets (Thursday Night Football)
Oct 11at New England Patriots
Oct 18vs Miami Dolphins
Oct 25vs Kansas City Chiefs
Nov 1vs Bye Week
Nov 8at Atlanta Falcons
Nov 15at Las Vegas Raiders
Nov 22vs Los Angeles Chargers
Nov 29vs New Orleans Saints
Dec 6at Kansas City Chiefs (Sunday Night Football)
Dec 13at Carolina Panthers
Dec 20vs Buffalo Bills
Dec 27at Los Angeles Chargers
Jan 3vs Las Vegas Raiders

Last edited by saintrules; 12-08-2020 at 04:26 PM.
Old 12-08-2020, 04:25 PM   #8
MVP

saintrules's Arena

Denver Broncos Preview
September 14th, 2020

Loaded offense ready to go

Denver, CO - The 2020-2021 Roster has been released from Denver today for tonight's upcoming matchup on Monday Night Football.

Offense

Quarterbacks
#OFFENSEPOSAGEHTWTCOLLEGE
3Drew Lock (70)QB246-4228Missouri
9Jeff Driskel (61)QB276-4235Louisiana Tech
4Brett Rypien (58)QB246-2202Boise State

Running Backs
30Phillip Lindsay (84)RB265-8190Colorado
25Melvin Gordon III (83)RB276-1215Wisconsin
28Royce Freeman (73)RB246-0238Oregon

Backfield Preview: The new season might be Drew Lock's second official, but many have labeled it to be his true career starting point. Following an injury riddled rookie year, Lock dominated the last five Regular Season games and cemented his place as the go-to signal caller for the upcoming season. Lock compiled a 4-1 record last season with 1,020 yards, 7 TD's, and 3 INT's. As for the running game, Melvin Gordon joins thousand yard rusher, Phillip Lindsay, in what should be a very solid one-two punch. Royce Freeman will back things up after rushing for nearly 500 yards last year on 132 attempts.

Wide Receivers
14Courtland Sutton (83)WR256-4216SMU
10Jerry Jeudy (78)WR216-1193Alabama
81Tim Patrick (76)WR276-4212Utah
17DaeSean Hamilton (71)WR256-1206Penn State
13KJ Hamler (71)WR215-9178Penn State
16Tyrie Cleveland (68)WR236-2209Florida

Tight Ends
87Noah Fant (81)TE236-4249Iowa
85Albert Okwuegbunam (69)TE226-5258Missouri
88 Nick Vannett (69)TE276-6261Ohio State

Receiver Preview: The furthest thing Denver did in the offseason was rest on their laurels in the pass catching department. The Broncos went out and secured not one, not two, but three more Wide Receivers for Drew Lock, as well as a former Missouri Tiger at Tight End. Eyes will obviously be fixated on how Denver utilizes the former Crimson Tide talent, Jerry Jeudy, as his talents and size allow him to be moved around the field. Jeudy will join Courtland Sutton, the main target of Drew Lock in last season's successful end, and one who had produced all season long. Sutton ended with 1,112 yards on 72 receptions with 6 TD's to his name. Noah Fant will also be a fixture of Denver's offensive attack, the 22 year old will look to improve on his 40 catch, 562 yard season from 2019. KJ Hamler will begin with Kickoff and Punt Return duties as the speedy Penn State rookie looks to work his way up the depth chart. Tim Patrick & DaeSean Hamilton have a bit to prove with the influx of youth and talent.

Centers
79Lloyd Cushenberry III (69)C236-3312LSU
71Austin Schlottmann (58)C256-6300TCU

Guards
61Graham Glasgow (77)G286-6310Michigan
66Dalton Risner (77)G256-5312Kansas State
52Netane Muti (71)G216-3315Fresno State

Tackles
72Garrett Bolles (78)OT286-5300Utah
70Ja'Wuan James (77)OT286-6317Tennessee
78Demar Dotson (73)OT356-9315Southern Mississippi
68Elijah Wilkinson (69)OT256-6329Massachusetts

Line Preview: Starting a rookie at Center is not something usually seen in the NFL, but Lloyd Cushenberry III is the type of guy ready for the job. As LSU's main man last season, Cushenberry proved his ability to lead a line to a National Championship, protecting Heisman Winner, Joe Burrow, along the way. Cushenberry will join Bolles, James, Glasgow, and Risner, who will be tasked with keeping Lock upright and lanes open for Lindsay and Gordon. While there's certainly some room for improvement on the line, it's a start.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »