Home

Old 11-30-2020, 10:03 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0
Framing

Got an animation/new move suggestion.

When you input a jab, if you hold it, maybe we could use that to trigger a framing animation. By long press i mean similar to how we input takedowns now.

I'm thinking along the lines of what McGregor/Jones/Adesanya do. They kind of leave that lead hand out there to frame up their strikes.

I know we have the stiff arm retreat but it would look sort of like that, but with an offensive component. Even though I'm thinking of it as an offensive tool, I'm sure it could have a defensive effect too.

Thoughts?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-01-2020, 08:36 AM   #2
MVP

Re: Framing

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRizzzle
Got an animation/new move suggestion.

When you input a jab, if you hold it, maybe we could use that to trigger a framing animation. By long press i mean similar to how we input takedowns now.

I'm thinking along the lines of what McGregor/Jones/Adesanya do. They kind of leave that lead hand out there to frame up their strikes.

I know we have the stiff arm retreat but it would look sort of like that, but with an offensive component. Even though I'm thinking of it as an offensive tool, I'm sure it could have a defensive effect too.

Thoughts?

100 percent in support of this . I'd also say tapping the push animation repeatedly should give the hand trap motion to nullify the jab and establish distance .

Sent from my Infinix X604 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 12-01-2020, 10:43 AM   #3
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitfistssaipailo
100 percent in support of this . I'd also say tapping the push animation repeatedly should give the hand trap motion to nullify the jab and establish distance .

Sent from my Infinix X604 using Operation Sports mobile app
Another idea I have is to have the same concept from my above framing concept but for leg kicks.

So if you do a standard leg kick but long press it, you would land and stay in the opposite stance. Another Adesanya/Jones special but would definitely get used by Dillashaw players also.

Again, same concept of a good offense being defensive also.

If I throw a leg kick and my opponent wants to counter it, but I land in a different stance he wasn't anticipating, that could throw him off.

You can also set up strikes for the explicit purpose of creating defensive escape angles. It just opens up a new level of sophisticated maneuvering, and makes guys like Jones/Adesanya more viable. There offense is so good because it's actually sophisticated defense in reverse.

Hit but don't get hit.

Last edited by TheRizzzle; 12-01-2020 at 10:47 AM.
Old 12-01-2020, 11:37 AM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Another idea I have is to have the same concept from my above framing concept but for leg kicks.

So if you do a standard leg kick but long press it, you would land and stay in the opposite stance. Another Adesanya/Jones special but would definitely get used by Dillashaw players also.

Again, same concept of a good offense being defensive also.

If I throw a leg kick and my opponent wants to counter it, but I land in a different stance he wasn't anticipating, that could throw him off.

You can also set up strikes for the explicit purpose of creating defensive escape angles. It just opens up a new level of sophisticated maneuvering, and makes guys like Jones/Adesanya more viable. There offense is so good because it's actually sophisticated defense in reverse.

Hit but don't get hit.

We actually used to have this switch stance in UFC 1. It's called shifts. I've been asking for it back for so long now... at least for fighters who use it.

You can shift kicks with only Stephen Thompson now. Click stance switch mid kick and hell do it.

Lots of fighters should have it.

And I agree on framing/posting. I would do it as mummy guard like DC as a signature block. In orthodox v southpaw it would be one hand like conor.
Old 12-01-2020, 12:43 PM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmangala
We actually used to have this switch stance in UFC 1. It's called shifts. I've been asking for it back for so long now... at least for fighters who use it.

You can shift kicks with only Stephen Thompson now. Click stance switch mid kick and hell do it.

Lots of fighters should have it.

And I agree on framing/posting. I would do it as mummy guard like DC as a signature block. In orthodox v southpaw it would be one hand like conor.
I actually like that input version better now that you mention it.

Clicking midstrike would also allow us to do this during punch strikes also.

Eddie Alvarez and Max Holloway do this a lot.

Also that right hand Gaethje used to knock out Barboza was kind of like that.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-01-2020, 01:03 PM   #6
MVP

Quote:
I actually like that input version better now that you mention it.

Clicking midstrike would also allow us to do this during punch strikes also.

Eddie Alvarez and Max Holloway do this a lot.

Also that right hand Gaethje used to knock out Barboza was kind of like that.

You can still do it for straight punches in UFC 4 with
Max Holloway. But in ufc 1 you could shift all strikes.

Exactly that Gaethje hook was a shift too. Lots of guys use it.

Here's how to do a shifting straight into shift body hook combo that Holloway has:
https://youtu.be/rawoxicychA

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »