Home

Next gen weather ?!

This is a discussion on Next gen weather ?! within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-03-2020, 09:25 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Next gen weather ?!

I have always wanted awesome weather effects. They were better in the ps2 era! Field degradation, dirty jerseys!

“ Mother Nature comes alive in Madden like never before. In stunning new detail, see standing water on rain-drenched sidelines and cold winter snow accumulate on the field. Visually enhanced weather conditions also affect cloth definition on athletes to match environmental variables.”

What?!

Next gen madden features list had weather written about everywhere. I’m watching these streams and the rain and snow not only look the same as current gen but just look terrible.

I don’t see any real snow effects or realistic footprints even which was on ps2! And the rain same thing. I haven’t seen a spec of dirt on the jerseys of any players or any dirt degradation on the field.

This is a blatant misrepresentation from EA regarding next gen weather.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-03-2020, 09:33 AM   #2
MVP

michaelhawj's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Next gen weather ?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazzk
I have always wanted awesome weather effects. They were better in the ps2 era! Field degradation, dirty jerseys!

“ Mother Nature comes alive in Madden like never before. In stunning new detail, see standing water on rain-drenched sidelines and cold winter snow accumulate on the field. Visually enhanced weather conditions also affect cloth definition on athletes to match environmental variables.”

What?!

Next gen madden features list had weather written about everywhere. I’m watching these streams and the rain and snow not only look the same as current gen but just look terrible.

I don’t see any real snow effects or realistic footprints even which was on ps2! And the rain same thing. I haven’t seen a spec of dirt on the jerseys of any players or any dirt degradation on the field.

Madden devs team are absolutely terrible for current gen and next gen : ps4, xbox one, PS5 and Xbox Series X.. They used to have great devs in past years for ps2 on Madden 2001 through 2007
Old 12-03-2020, 09:42 AM   #3
MVP

Archie56's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazzk

What?!

To be fair, devs did say that the weather wasn't going to affect anything on the field. They said it would be the same as current gen as far as how it affects gameplay.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Old 12-03-2020, 09:47 AM   #4
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archie56
To be fair, devs did say that the weather wasn't going to affect anything on the field. They said it would be the same as current gen as far as how it affects gameplay.

Even with gameplay affects aside, it looks awful in Madden. The field cover is the same as current gen. The snowflakes may look different but that's about it. They way oversold this. FIFA snow on the ground looks way more realistic.
Old 12-03-2020, 09:51 AM   #5
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelhawj
Madden devs team are absolutely terrible for current gen and next gen : ps4, xbox one, PS5 and Xbox Series X.. They used to have great devs in past years for ps2 on Madden 2001 through 2007
whenever that d__gan guy is involved....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-03-2020, 09:53 AM   #6
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhanatic14
Even with gameplay affects aside, it looks awful in Madden. The field cover is the same as current gen. The snowflakes may look different but that's about it. They way oversold this. FIFA snow on the ground looks way more realistic.
so... overselling

I agree. snow in fifa looks way better i am VERY surprised the same snow has been used for madden next gen
Old 12-03-2020, 09:55 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archie56

They did and I’m not even complaining about that. I would
Understand if the way it affects gameplay is same as current gen with players slipping sometimes etc.

I’m talking the graphics and weather effects. They look so bad on next gen and they specifically talked about how much better next gen weather was going to LOOK.

https://specials-images.forbesimg.co....jpg?fit=scale

The rain on the streams I have watched looks nothing like this screenshot
Old 12-03-2020, 09:57 AM   #8
MVP

Archie56's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhanatic14
Does it really? That's sad to hear

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »