Home

NBA 2k21 How’s Your MyLeague/MyNBA..?

This is a discussion on NBA 2k21 How’s Your MyLeague/MyNBA..? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-04-2020, 04:26 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
NBA 2k21 How’s Your MyLeague/MyNBA..?

Been waiting on this thread to pop up and it hasnt and well im thirsty

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-04-2020, 08:12 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: NBA 2k21 How’s Your MyLeague/MyNBA..?

Waiting until all new unis and home courts are added on PS4.

Cabs announcement yesterday was officially the last team to unveil. Now the ball is in 2K’s court.
Old 12-04-2020, 11:47 AM   #3
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21

I'm doing a classic 80s/90s (for the most part) custom MyNBA - controlling on the star player I choose on player lock for each of these teams:

Jordan - Bulls (92)
Kemp - Sonics
Bird - Celtics
Carter - Raps (although I've only played 2 games and skip most)

I've decided to play games that I'm pumped about so for example the last one was Supersonics vs Hakim's Rockets. I play 1-2 games per team per week, but it's not a hard and fast rule as I'll skip games against teams that are less nostalgic for me -so the Suns for example, without Barkley, is a pass but it's nice having the team there for standings and sim reasons.

I'm running a current MyNBA as well, but stopped because of all the trades etc. So I'll probably do a Raptors one in a few weeks and maybe trade for a player I like to make the team more exciting as they are sort of boring now after losing Serge and Gasol.

Back to the classic teams - it's really fun. I played Shaq's Lakers and he absolutley domolished my team grabbing 20 boards and a bunch of put-back dunks as he just couldn't be dealt with inside. First time playing 2k where I got dominated by a bigman in the paint like that. I'm about a month into the season.
Old 12-04-2020, 01:09 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 5

I've been trying to start mine but these generated draft class are unforgivable. Its the same for the last 3 years. Current gen and next. Always a 6'5 or 6'7 all world point guard. The 7 to 7'3ft all world center with shaq like strength. Jokic passing. Drummond rebounding.

Same faces. Look better on next gen though. To many Gomez's at the top of the draft. Not stereotyping but to many white guys and other foreign players at the top of the draft. Be great if you could just draft and not worry about editing. Also this year to many 99 stamina and speed players. Ridiculous. They won't put any effort into it
Old 12-04-2020, 02:36 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 10

My simcast/vc farm bulls my league is working well. I've got some pretty good sliders for it too, on ps4.

I built inside as usual. The biggest problem was after adjusting sliders nobody made 3s so I had to pump that up. Got fouls happening,
missed fts. Pretty legit. Turnovers are still low but around 10 is better than 3.

Re draft. There's always a bunch of high tier euro stash people. I got number four pick and got to chose between the upside Bron guy and the upside Ron artest and I chose artest cuz I had a feeling the Bron thing was gonna be a bust or injury prone.

All n all I can ignore a lot of legacy issues just because, as I've said, barring those management Sims, it really offers a deep experience. One thing I'd like is to fix being able to hire staff for high bids.
I wanted thibs for fun. As an assistant haha. He didn't take it but if I bid higher I could have. But with scout, trainer etc... You can just out bid every one because 25-50k means nothing to your budget and it means a ton to them. That's a big flaw. I didn't fire Donovan and get an op coach. That's another flaw. Staff hiring is Def a weak point. But Yea if I can get an a trainer or scout and just bid everyone out the water, I'll do it every time. No downside. Needs to be looked at.

-Smak
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-04-2020, 02:53 PM   #6
MVP

Did a fantasy draft with the Houston Rockets and wanted to make a well balanced team. Ended up with this lineup:

Jamal Murray, Mike Conley
Marcus Smart, Alex Caruso
Jerami Grant, Danny Green
Davis Bertans, Royce O'Neale
Bam Adebayo, Marc Gasol
Old 12-04-2020, 03:37 PM   #7
Rookie

Resurrection403's Arena

been playing the game and getting more acclimated to the game of basketball last few days. I think I've settled between Orlando, Phoenix, Memphis, or Utah. Maybe Sacramento.
Old 12-04-2020, 04:45 PM   #8
MVP

jk31's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLSmak
My simcast/vc farm bulls my league is working well. I've got some pretty good sliders for it too, on ps4.

You get VC from playing myleague?!

At least for MLO, you don't get any VC anymore...

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »