Home

Madden 21 Next-Gen Impressions: Human Vs. Human - Post Them Here

This is a discussion on Madden 21 Next-Gen Impressions: Human Vs. Human - Post Them Here within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-05-2020, 09:53 PM   #1
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
Madden 21 Next-Gen Impressions: Human Vs. Human - Post Them Here

For those playing online or versus buddies, feel free to post some of your general next-gen impressions here now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-05-2020, 10:47 PM   #2
Rookie

bodymore's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Madden 21 Next-Gen Impressions: Human Vs. Human - Post Them Here

I like the feel of the offense. The players have weight and you can actually feel the players accelerating. They seemed to have cleaned up a lot of the tackling as well.

Pass coverage seems broken right now. Corners seem to slow to cover any deep routes with fast receivers. When I played against Green Bay, Devante Adams was killing me. He sometimes would be WIDE open beating defenders by 10 yards and I was playing with the Ravens with a good secondary.

The receivers come out of the breaks fast, but the corners are slow to react.

Spoiler

Last edited by bodymore; 12-05-2020 at 11:02 PM.
Old 12-06-2020, 01:57 AM   #3
Rookie

DarthLeon's Arena

I've played about 5 games of local multiplayer on sim mode and played about 20 games of online quick play. I don't have too much to say about the local multiplayer; all the matches were against my dad and he isn't the best opponent, so our games don't do much in the way of stress testing, if that makes sense.

The online games, in the other hand, are a postive, but mixed, bag. The new physics feel wonderful, and somehow, the game feels very smooth in online matches, to the point that I can barely tell the difference between them and offline play. However, the new physics do really highlight some deficiencies in the AI, particularly pursuit angles and their coverage ability. These things have always been issues with Madden, but the changes to the physics really exacerbate these issues. The coverage is especially rough: defenders wait too long to move when a receiver is running into their zone, so any route that runs away from defenders gets open really easily. It's especially bad on deep routes; defenders wait way too long before turning and running with the receiver, which lets fast receivers beat them over the top way, way too often. I'm hopeful that this is something that can be patched, because right now, playing against teams with lightning fast receivers is basically insufferable atm. All that said, I do think the gameplay is a significant step up overall even with these issues; the new movement makes the game more "sim" than it's ever been, which is a boon for someone like me.
Old 12-08-2020, 08:41 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodymore
I like the feel of the offense. The players have weight and you can actually feel the players accelerating. They seemed to have cleaned up a lot of the tackling as well.

Pass coverage seems broken right now. Corners seem to slow to cover any deep routes with fast receivers. When I played against Green Bay, Devante Adams was killing me. He sometimes would be WIDE open beating defenders by 10 yards and I was playing with the Ravens with a good secondary.

The receivers come out of the breaks fast, but the corners are slow to react.

Spoiler

This is what i experienced. i want to be able to pass and for recievers to create seperation. but denzel ward was getting cooked by tee higgins in a game i was playing.

i would like route running to really matter on getting seperation then speed x acceleration can determine if they will be able to keep that space. it seems thats teh direction going

the only thing that i really think is OP is High throws to TE's and high CIT recievers it seems they never drop that no matter who i have in the area.

other than that im loving the player movement, im loving the run game and hoenstly while i complained about passing. i feel more confident in passing which in H2H i cant say i felt confident in year in making a pass over 15 yards without a turnover. it seemed no matter what kinda pass if threw deep every defensive player woudl catch up and suddenly when the ball gets there its in double/triple coverage.

with that said im enjoying it. i dont play h2h quick games because playing against cheesers makes me hate all games.
Old 12-08-2020, 11:23 AM   #5
Rookie

DarthLeon's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrtv4
with that said im enjoying it. i dont play h2h quick games because playing against cheesers makes me hate all games.
I honestly don't think the cheese is that bad in this one. I've played against several very high rated players and I saw very little that I would consider cheesy. I even played against the number 1 ranked player on the ladder (beat him by 1, somehow) and I don't remember him doing a single thing that I would consider cheesy BS. It's possible that people just haven't figured out the cheese strats yet given that the game is still so new, but so far, things look promising.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2020, 10:39 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLeon
I honestly don't think the cheese is that bad in this one. I've played against several very high rated players and I saw very little that I would consider cheesy. I even played against the number 1 ranked player on the ladder (beat him by 1, somehow) and I don't remember him doing a single thing that I would consider cheesy BS. It's possible that people just haven't figured out the cheese strats yet given that the game is still so new, but so far, things look promising.
The reason for this is because it’s new but as of right now it’s nothing but deep posts and crossers with people abusing that because the defense doesn’t pick it up fast enough

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »