Home

NCAA Football Revamped Played On XBox Series X??

This is a discussion on NCAA Football Revamped Played On XBox Series X?? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-06-2020, 12:09 AM   #1
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10
NCAA Football Revamped Played On XBox Series X??

I saw where NFL 2k5 can be played on the Series X in Dev Mode by using a PS2 Emulator. I'm wondering if the same can be done for NCAA Football 14 Revamped by using the PS3 emulator in Dev Mode??
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2021, 10:34 AM   #2
Tar Heels/UCF

skinfan31's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: NCAA Football Revamped Played On XBox Series X??

It’s been quite some time since your post and the next gen release. I’m guessing by the lack of chatter that it’s not possible???
Old 05-15-2021, 04:19 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelPhenom
I saw where NFL 2k5 can be played on the Series X in Dev Mode by using a PS2 Emulator. I'm wondering if the same can be done for NCAA Football 14 Revamped by using the PS3 emulator in Dev Mode??
Would really like more info on this as well. Dev Mode emulation is currently the main reason I'm considering XSX over PS5.
Old 07-24-2021, 12:51 PM   #4
Pro

Bumping this because I have been getting emulators set up in Dev Mode. NCAA 14 cannot be played on series x at this point in time. I'm not sure if it will even be possible, but I don't know enough about emulation to speak definitively.

The current emulation setup works because retroarch can be installed in dev mode and it has cores that allow you to play PS2 games. My understanding is that for NCAA 14 to work on Series X you'd need a PS3 or Xbox 360 core in retroarch that works. I'm not sure if that is something that is being worked on or even possible.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 07-24-2021, 07:11 PM   #5
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpklub
Bumping this because I have been getting emulators set up in Dev Mode. NCAA 14 cannot be played on series x at this point in time. I'm not sure if it will even be possible, but I don't know enough about emulation to speak definitively.

The current emulation setup works because retroarch can be installed in dev mode and it has cores that allow you to play PS2 games. My understanding is that for NCAA 14 to work on Series X you'd need a PS3 or Xbox 360 core in retroarch that works. I'm not sure if that is something that is being worked on or even possible.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Operation Sports mobile app
I'm only really interested in running the PS2 era, personally. Can you educate me on that a little?

Are you able to enhance the graphics? Isn't that possible with an emulator on PC?

I have all of the games on disc. Can the XSX actually read and run PS2 discs or do you have to have them all in ROM form? If ROM is mandatory, are there programs that you can use your own disc and transfer? I imagine it would be hard to acquire the files for the various games, otherwise. PM me, if necessary.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2021, 01:54 PM   #6
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuscaloosa
I'm only really interested in running the PS2 era, personally. Can you educate me on that a little?

Are you able to enhance the graphics? Isn't that possible with an emulator on PC?

I have all of the games on disc. Can the XSX actually read and run PS2 discs or do you have to have them all in ROM form? If ROM is mandatory, are there programs that you can use your own disc and transfer? I imagine it would be hard to acquire the files for the various games, otherwise. PM me, if necessary.

I've spent more time with the Dolphin (Wii/Gamecube) emulator than PS2 emulator, but in both of those emulators I was able to enhance graphics. The emulators don't run off discs, you would need digital versions of your games.

I sent you a separate PM with some more information.
Old 07-26-2021, 12:39 PM   #7
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuscaloosa

I have the PCSX2 emulator on my PC and all of the NCAA and Madden games from 05-09 and can confirm that graphics are enhanced...very clear to be exact.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »