Home

Best Positional Changes

This is a discussion on Best Positional Changes within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-09-2020, 12:32 AM   #1
MVP

prey2god's Arena

OVR: 0
Best Positional Changes

What are some of your best positional changes?

Deebo Samuel WR to HB. He's sick. Wow! He should play HB in real life. Went from 81 to 88. He's crazy good with the angles. I've compared him with JD Mckissic. Samuel's angle is much sharper and quicker.

Isaiah Simmons FS to OLB or MLB. He actually played this position in college, but in Madden, he's a beast. He takes a hit overall, but don't be fooled. Put him at SubLB and he kills it not only in zone, but blitz as well. Too fast for the tackles.

Andrew Sendejo SS to MLB. Decent tackler with some hit power, got that pursuit to match up players and he's great at covering zone.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2020, 08:37 AM   #2
Pro

Slaticus's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Best Positional Changes

Quote:
Originally Posted by prey2god
What are some of your best positional changes?

Deebo Samuel WR to HB. He's sick. Wow! He should play HB in real life. Went from 81 to 88. He's crazy good with the angles. I've compared him with JD Mckissic. Samuel's angle is much sharper and quicker.

Isaiah Simmons FS to OLB or MLB. He actually played this position in college, but in Madden, he's a beast. He takes a hit overall, but don't be fooled. Put him at SubLB and he kills it not only in zone, but blitz as well. Too fast for the tackles.

Andrew Sendejo SS to MLB. Decent tackler with some hit power, got that pursuit to match up players and he's great at covering zone.
I feel like the next big step for madden will be actually making it a lot easier to get these players in roles like this without all the extra work on the user end

If you would like to see the Wing T in action, you can check out my twitch channel. I stream there..badly. I post highlights on my youtube channel as well!
Old 12-09-2020, 08:54 AM   #3
Rookie

Dsabol715's Arena

With this Madden, I’ve had a few. Taysom Hill at 64 QB turned into a 72 TE (and used as a FB in the depth chart). Love that! I used to change Brandon Coleman into a TE a few years ago with similar success.

Lynn Bowden 64 WR into a 70 HB. Used him one season as a receiving back which turned out fine.

Madden has always seemed to flip safetys and linebackers so changing those was usually a priority before each season. My first season back in august I switched Alec Ogeltree over to ROLB from MLB and got a DPOTY out of him.

Wish I had more from this season though. Giving us the sublb, slot cb, slot wr, etc is nice and adds a nice touch to building a unique team.
Pokemon LeafGreen

Teams:
New York Jets
New York Mets
Philadelphia Flyers
Old 12-09-2020, 09:30 AM   #4
MVP

icicle22's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertSaunders
Google Jobs There are a ton of opportunities for making money with a home based business these days. Most of them have to do with making money online. The ability to make a great income without ever leaving the comfort of your own home has quite the appeal to most people.This is what I do. Click This Link......https://qr.net/eEACzf
No thanks. I'd have less time to play Madden 21 then.
Old 12-11-2020, 07:37 AM   #5
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

I'm running the Air Raid and for that scheme, Tavon Austin is a nice option. He's a 72 OVR WR but becomes an 82 OVR HB w/ obvious explosiveness & receiving ability out of the backfield.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-11-2020, 02:14 PM   #6
MVP

IlluminatusUIUC's Arena

OVR: 6

It's not the most radical change, but putting Josh Norman at FS and putting Micah Hyde at slot corner works pretty well Imo. Norman still has reasonably high mental stats and starting deep mitigates his lack of speed. Hyde benefits more from his ss ability playing in close.
Old 12-11-2020, 03:05 PM   #7
MVP

If you want to make effective use of pulling guards move your fastest OL to G and put your slower ones at T.

Even with Puller Elite David DeCastro is a terrible guard and it's due entirely to his 59 SPD. I move him to RT and give him Secure Protector and Nasty Streak instead.

As a general rule of thumb you want 70+ SPD on your guards in order for them to pull effectively.
Old 12-11-2020, 11:57 PM   #8
MVP

prey2god's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinkubus
If you want to make effective use of pulling guards move your fastest OL to G and put your slower ones at T.

Even with Puller Elite David DeCastro is a terrible guard and it's due entirely to his 59 SPD. I move him to RT and give him Secure Protector and Nasty Streak instead.

As a general rule of thumb you want 70+ SPD on your guards in order for them to pull effectively.
I did not know that. I'd figure since the Ends were faster than Tackles, it would be reversed. I'll try that, thanks!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »