Home

NBA 2k Attribute Formulas

This is a discussion on NBA 2k Attribute Formulas within the NBA 2K Basketball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-16-2020, 05:23 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 11
Exclamation NBA 2k Attribute Formulas

Hello,

I'm trying to get back into modding my rosters to be as accurate as can be but I need help getting some formulas for certain ratings such as:

Shot IQ
Pass Accuracy
Pass Vision
Pass IQ

Please, I DO NOT NEED rating scales, as I feel, they're more of a eye test for other attributes (i.e. reaction time).

Any NBA 2k roster makers or mathematicians that can help me with the formulas, because I use microsoft excel (easiest to make formulas) will be very much appreciated.

Please post them on here or PM me. Thanks a lot!
HARTFORD WHALERS

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-16-2020, 06:11 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 8
Re: NBA 2k Attribute Formulas

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigO32
Hello,

I'm trying to get back into modding my rosters to be as accurate as can be but I need help getting some formulas for certain ratings such as:

Shot IQ
Pass Accuracy
Pass Vision
Pass IQ

Please, I DO NOT NEED rating scales, as I feel, they're more of a eye test for other attributes (i.e. reaction time).

Any NBA 2k roster makers or mathematicians that can help me with the formulas, because I use microsoft excel (easiest to make formulas) will be very much appreciated.

I'd be willing to hear some formulas but I'm 100% an advocate of the eye test - it's hard to believe a specific formula would do the job for all of these different things. I know I don't count on formulas.

Could I? Sure - but I don't believe that's what makes my roster high quality, or anyone else's for that matter.
Old 12-16-2020, 06:59 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by zten11
I'd be willing to hear some formulas but I'm 100% an advocate of the eye test - it's hard to believe a specific formula would do the job for all of these different things. I know I don't count on formulas.

Could I? Sure - but I don't believe that's what makes my roster high quality, or anyone else's for that matter.
Thanks for commenting.

I'm an avid believer of formulas with an eye test, but just relying on eye test alone, doesnt seem as accurate as it seems. regardless or how much of a basketball savant you are, on the other hand, I do like to see some examples of a rating scales of how you do SHOT and PASS IQ's there's no formula around that can really determine that.
HARTFORD WHALERS

Old 12-16-2020, 08:04 PM   #4
MVP

CelticLG's Arena

OVR: 0
NBA 2k Attribute Formulas

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigO32
Hello,

Shot IQ

Pass Accuracy

Pass Vision

Pass IQ

Found a good base and play with it. For shot iq I use True Shooting % with shots and FTs weighted differently, for the passing attributes you could use AST/TO ratio (as 2K does, while I prefer AST/Bad pass ratio), assists, secondary assists and potential assists.

The best part is that you can find all those stats for free on basketball reference or nba.com
Old 12-16-2020, 08:34 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticLG
Found a good base and play with it. For shot iq I use True Shooting % with shots and FTs weighted differently, for the passing attributes you could use AST/TO ratio (as 2K does, while I prefer AST/Bad pass ratio), assists, secondary assists and potential assists.

The best part is that you can find all those stats for free on basketball reference or nba.com
Thanks for commenting.

For Shot IQ, do you base it off a rating scale or an actual formula? I'm trying to creat a formula off the TS%, via-basketball-reference and/or stats.nba.com.
HARTFORD WHALERS

Last edited by BigO32; 12-16-2020 at 08:35 PM. Reason: .
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-17-2020, 09:50 PM   #6
Pro

timsmooth503pa's Arena

OVR: 1

shot id i use usage fga% i feel like shot id is to recognize when to shoot that why i use that stat
ast i use asst% asst/to asst/ratio off nba.com

my formula (s X 2)+25 to get my ratings and i use that formula to rate every player so its their real stats and you get a real rating
Old 12-18-2020, 02:07 AM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by timsmooth503pa
shot id i use usage fga% i feel like shot id is to recognize when to shoot that why i use that stat
ast i use asst% asst/to asst/ratio off nba.com

my formula (s X 2)+25 to get my ratings and i use that formula to rate every player so its their real stats and you get a real rating
That definitely works out! I appreciate this information!
HARTFORD WHALERS

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters »