Home

Crowd faces are more varied than player edit faces :0

This is a discussion on Crowd faces are more varied than player edit faces :0 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-19-2020, 11:22 AM   #1
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

OVR: 0
Crowd faces are more varied than player edit faces :0

While I appreciate the work done on the crowd, I can't say I'm pleased that the same effort and time did not go into the generic player faces. I think on skin tone 4 there is the very same four faces that have been there for a decade. There's only two long hair light skinned guys.

You've seen it. There is such little variety.

Additionally, equipment like headbands, which Mayfield has, are nowhere to be found.

Player editing needs a vast upgrade. What's unfortunate is that the robust Face of the Franchise editor is there in the game, and nowhere to be found in Franchise.

Clearly they have the talent to make good looking faces. EA needs to allocate those resources to improve the Franchise experience by overhauling player face editing. As it stands, ten years into the franchise the face variety is almost non-existent.

This needs to be addressed by Madden 22.
https://forums.operationsports.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2049813056

Last edited by your mom; 06-06-2006 at 6:06 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-19-2020, 01:26 PM   #2
Pro

ReturnoftheTmac's Arena

Re: Crowd faces are more varied than player edit faces :0

Yeah and there’s only so many that actually look like legit faces. I can only go 2 years into a franchise and then I restart because it’s immersion breaking for every 1 and 5 players to have the same face.
Old 12-21-2020, 10:00 AM   #3
MVP

icicle22's Arena

OVR: 7

Am I the only one that thinks the still images of these create a player look like bad mugshots? I mean, most of the guys I'd be scared to run into in a back alley somewhere. I realize the 3d models aren't as bad but couldn't they come up with some better way to represent them in the still images? It doesn't even look like a capture of the 3d model. Just some 2d representation of a player. Oy. This needs updated badly.
Old 12-21-2020, 10:53 AM   #4
Pro

The funny thing is that back in madden 16 or so, they used photos of real people. I thought that was really cool. I don't know where they got the photos from, but I am sure their legal team did all the right thing to make sure they used them legally.

I am not really sure why that was scrapped after two years. I guess it will return in three years as a 'new' feature.
Old 12-21-2020, 01:04 PM   #5
Rookie

stp2081's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennylc321
The funny thing is that back in madden 16 or so, they used photos of real people. I thought that was really cool. I don't know where they got the photos from, but I am sure their legal team did all the right thing to make sure they used them legally.

I am not really sure why that was scrapped after two years. I guess it will return in three years as a 'new' feature.
Different yes, but wasn’t that great and absurd in a number of ways. They clearly did not use thousands of headshots so you had many lookalikes as well, and perhaps even more funny you had guys who were clearly offensive linemen or d-tackle weight but whose photo was used for a QB, for example. I vividly remember it as very immersion breaking in its own ways.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-21-2020, 09:02 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞
While I appreciate the work done on the crowd, I can't say I'm pleased that the same effort and time did not go into the generic player faces. I think on skin tone 4 there is the very same four faces that have been there for a decade. There's only two long hair light skinned guys.

You've seen it. There is such little variety.

Additionally, equipment like headbands, which Mayfield has, are nowhere to be found.

Player editing needs a vast upgrade. What's unfortunate is that the robust Face of the Franchise editor is there in the game, and nowhere to be found in Franchise.

Clearly they have the talent to make good looking faces. EA needs to allocate those resources to improve the Franchise experience by overhauling player face editing. As it stands, ten years into the franchise the face variety is almost non-existent.

This needs to be addressed by Madden 22.
This is my biggest frustration with Madden. Having customization options like the player creation suite, announcers saying edited player names, create a team, and more equipment options are things they should offer at the very least. Pretty much every other eSport franchise mode has had these options for decades.

2K rebuilt their game and still have 100x more features than Madden in their franchise. What's especially frustrating is things like the player creation suite and abundance of equitment options are available in The Yard but not franchise... Madden is essentially the NBA Live of football and would be dropped by most gamers if they had options... Would be a dream if 2K could make a football simulation game as deep as NBA2K21 next-gen...
Old 12-21-2020, 09:50 PM   #7
Pro

ReturnoftheTmac's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvdsaba
This is my biggest frustration with Madden. Having customization options like the player creation suite, announcers saying edited player names, create a team, and more equipment options are things they should offer at the very least. Pretty much every other eSport franchise mode has had these options for decades.

2K rebuilt their game and still have 100x more features than Madden in their franchise. What's especially frustrating is things like the player creation suite and abundance of equitment options are available in The Yard but not franchise... Madden is essentially the NBA Live of football and would be dropped by most gamers if they had options... Would be a dream if 2K could make a football simulation game as deep as NBA2K21 next-gen...

A boy can dream 🥲
Old 12-22-2020, 05:08 AM   #8
Rookie

lowndsy's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by stp2081
Different yes, but wasn’t that great and absurd in a number of ways. They clearly did not use thousands of headshots so you had many lookalikes as well, and perhaps even more funny you had guys who were clearly offensive linemen or d-tackle weight but whose photo was used for a QB, for example. I vividly remember it as very immersion breaking in its own ways.

What like Roethlisberger looks like a lineman!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »