Home

It shouldn’t be up to the fans to fix the game.

This is a discussion on It shouldn’t be up to the fans to fix the game. within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-21-2020, 04:08 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
It shouldn’t be up to the fans to fix the game.

Every single year the 2k community has to find fixes for sliders, rosters, player tendencies, better player animations for shooting etc, workarounds for bugs in game modes and more.

A new 2k is released every year, and every year it’s the same problems that NEVER get fixed. 2k either doesn’t care about fixing legacy issues that plague the game every year, or they’re just flat out don’t know what they’re doing at this point.

At this point I’d much rather a longer release cycle. Release the game when we as a community don’t have to sit around waiting weeks for things to be patched.

Anyway, I’m not sorry for this rant seeing as I’ve been a loyal customer for like... 20 years or whatever lol.

Thank you, sincerely, to all the good people in the community who have made this game enjoyable/playable every year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-21-2020, 04:11 PM   #2
Banned

Re: It shouldn’t be up to the fans to fix the game.

Developer ,Czar, has stated that they legally cant do a longer cycle. He agrees it would help them a lot and give them way more time to fix legacy issues (a lot of which will require them to redo code from the bottom up) but the nba puts in their contract they have to release a new game every year. They even give them a date by which the game needs to released.

Czat also mentioned they hired a lady specifically to work on tendencies this year. Think he kinda said it would take probably a month into the year to get data and have those ironed out.

He also mentioned shooting and dribblibing animations and that once they capture them from the player they're not gonna keep going back and doing it.
Old 12-22-2020, 12:32 PM   #3
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemarflacco
Developer ,Czar, has stated that they legally cant do a longer cycle. He agrees it would help them a lot and give them way more time to fix legacy issues (a lot of which will require them to redo code from the bottom up) but the nba puts in their contract they have to release a new game every year. They even give them a date by which the game needs to released.

Czat also mentioned they hired a lady specifically to work on tendencies this year. Think he kinda said it would take probably a month into the year to get data and have those ironed out.

He also mentioned shooting and dribblibing animations and that once they capture them from the player they're not gonna keep going back and doing it.
Weird how every year people on this forum fix the rosters and tendencies FOR FREE, and 2K can't even be bothered to look at their work and learn from it. They just keep the same terrible rosters year after year, with broken sim stats and unrealistic gameplay, then the community fixes it for them.

2K, please, use the knowledge of the roster gurus on here. I beg you.
Old 12-22-2020, 12:56 PM   #4
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemarflacco

I really need to start watching more of his videos. It seems that he explains everything without sugarcoating.
Old 12-22-2020, 02:20 PM   #5
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
I really need to start watching more of his videos. It seems that he explains everything without sugarcoating.
It's kinda like pulling the curtain back on the Wizard of Oz though. Sometimes my naivety is a better option then the truth. lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-22-2020, 03:44 PM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by EccentricMeat
Weird how every year people on this forum fix the rosters and tendencies FOR FREE, and 2K can't even be bothered to look at their work and learn from it. They just keep the same terrible rosters year after year, with broken sim stats and unrealistic gameplay, then the community fixes it for them.

2K, please, use the knowledge of the roster gurus on here. I beg you.
They do. They just don't broadcast it.
http://youtube.com/real2krosters
Old 12-22-2020, 05:38 PM   #7
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real2KInsider
They do. They just don't broadcast it.

Then why is the gameplay always broken the same way every year, and sim stats always need to be fixed? Not to mention progression/regression, draft classes, etc.

Why is it that custom rosters are always orders of magnitude better than the default, in every aspect?
Old 12-22-2020, 06:04 PM   #8
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
They are very informative and sobering. Even though they can throw cold water on expectations, I always greatly appreciated being told the honest truth.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »