Home

Quality of Life (QOL) improvements

This is a discussion on Quality of Life (QOL) improvements within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
EA Sports College Football 25 Will Feature All 134 FBS Schools - Herbstreit, Fowler, Pollack & More in the Game
We Wish MLB Network Presentation Would Return in MLB The Show 24
Sports Game Pet Peeve: Let Us Back Out Before a Game Starts

Old 12-29-2020, 06:53 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
Quality of Life (QOL) improvements

I figured it was time for a thread such as this. Generally speaking QOL refers to changes that do not fundamentally change the game but instead tweak it for a more pleasant experience. An example of a QOL change in UFC 4 is that you can now see what your post-fight celebrations are. Something like revamping the submissions is not a QOL change. Even if the changes do not happen for UFC 4 then perhaps they can be taken into consideration for UFC 5.

1) I'd love to have the option to skip the post-fight celebrations, especially if you lose. If someone really wants to watch them they can, but I'd imagine a lot of people just pick up their phone whenever they pop up. I think there is a way to simply exit the match as the celebration starts but then you can't see stats and it says a lot about how much people want to see them right now.

2) One-button confirmation for completing challenges. I stopped checking most of the challenges because they can have such minimal rewards (e.g. 25xp) and it takes way too much time and effort to go through every single challenge, especially now that there's different challenges for every event. A collect-all-rewards shortcut would make that aspect of the game more appealing.

3) Online matchmaking max latency filter. UFC 4 made progress regarding latency with showing the actual ping instead of a vague bar. Furthermore, it generously lets you leave the match if the ping is high enough (120ish?). However, I will dodge every time if the ping is too high so I would love to have a way to simply never get matched up against players with ping above my tolerance level.

4) HUD option similar to Div 15+ where you can only see your own stats. Unless I am wrong this is still not in the game but it should be. I find the transition from
5) Custom chat options. Generally speaking I like the little messages you can send to each other but it could be improved. It would be nice to have a polite way to request for a rematch and additionally a farewell message if you play someone repeatedly then want to leave.

If this thread gains enough attention then expect a lot of posts about choosing what color your pants are.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-29-2020, 10:58 PM   #2
Pro

Re: Quality of Life (QOL) improvements

Give an option for Absolute controls over camera relative. 90% of the time the camera is oriented from the side, so you become conditioned to sway using up, down, left, right. If the camera is oriented off that axis you may either get the wrong sway or stand up doing nothing leading to the game feeling unresponsive and frustrating.
Old 12-30-2020, 12:32 AM   #3
MVP

Good on making a QOL thread for UFC 4. The one I did for ufc 3 has a lot of stuff that got in. Hopefully the same happens here.

- Let us choose 3 weight classes in ranked.. or let it be how it used to be.

- Online sliders

- Stamina bar sized and shaped like the other bars. Stamina is important but it doesnt need to be this huge bar on the top all the time. Let it fade if you arent gassing.

- Hudless subs, the devs said they tested this and it wasnt accurate or reliable enough. Maybe have it be just an offline feature for tv like simulations. Or at least move it away from the center and animations.

- Pinned combos in practice. Signature combos listed in menu.

- TV camera angle (mix of all camera angles, just cuts between them like TV presentation)

- Improved tight camera angle which shows complete fighter

- Combined weightclasses online

- Additional sliders like Accuracy, movement speed etc

- Skins
Old 12-30-2020, 07:49 AM   #4
Pro

MeowingForVengeance's Arena

Add the option to play pro difficulty in career mode. Hard is too easy, and legendary stacks the deck against you so much it isn't even fun.

Tone down sparring partner AI in career mode so they behave like sparring partners and not TJ Dillashaw trying to end prospects' careers.
Old 12-30-2020, 07:29 PM   #5
Rookie

Please just give us the option to edit CAF stats and moves and I will immediately buy the game. It’s insane that this was removed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-31-2020, 02:15 AM   #6
MVP

Odds

Odds determine points ($) for star difference. So in ranked a higher ranked fighter would have higher - odds, meanwhile lower ranked fighters have lower odds + odds. This could work offline too against the ai.

So for example Khabib would be- 300 against Gaethje but more like -1000 against Diego. The points would be replaced by money, so the person who collects the most money is ranked highest.

You could play it safe with a top fighter and win less point or go risky with a lower fighter for more money.
Old 12-31-2020, 05:26 AM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diego Sanchez
Please just give us the option to edit CAF stats and moves and I will immediately buy the game. It’s insane that this was removed.
Yep. I'll keep playing UFC 3 until they add this back.
Old 01-01-2021, 01:56 AM   #8
MVP

I knew this would happen. Even though you explained it in the post, everyone just coming in to post things they want that aren’t QoL improvements.

For me, skipping post fight celebrations is a must. No idea what they were thinking making people watch. Also, making it so you don’t get kicked back to the main menu when someone leaves an online match. Simple basic things that were even brought up during QA testing that were never implemented.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »