Home

Finally Did It

This is a discussion on Finally Did It within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-29-2020, 08:21 PM   #1
bb9
Rookie

bb9's Arena

OVR: 4
Finally Did It

I just finished the World Series playing every game throughout the season with both the Indians and Brewers. This was made possible by covid. I've never finished a complete season in a baseball game.

Indians defeated the Brewers in 7 games. I probably played one level below where I should have. Yelich and Lindor were both in the 80s in HR. Yelich won the triple crown.

Late in the season, two "little things" happened the first and only time I had seen them. Roberto Perez had the bat go flying on a swing and miss. Eric Sogard dropped a ball on a transfer turning a double play.

It was a fun, but very tiring experience. Kudos to the Show on the best baseball game to date!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-30-2020, 09:13 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Finally Did It

Quote:
Originally Posted by bb9
I just finished the World Series playing every game throughout the season with both the Indians and Brewers. This was made possible by covid. I've never finished a complete season in a baseball game.

Indians defeated the Brewers in 7 games. I probably played one level below where I should have. Yelich and Lindor were both in the 80s in HR. Yelich won the triple crown.

Late in the season, two "little things" happened the first and only time I had seen them. Roberto Perez had the bat go flying on a swing and miss. Eric Sogard dropped a ball on a transfer turning a double play.

It was a fun, but very tiring experience. Kudos to the Show on the best baseball game to date!
how did you go about playing the WS? I've played as multiple teams in a season a few times over the years and I've often thought how I'd play the WS if both my teams went all the way. I've gone back and and forth on this a lot and while it probably makes more sense to play as the home team, I really think I might enjoy more playing as the road team

oh, and congratulations, definitely an energy drainer, even w/o taking the postseason into account

A Work in Progress
Old 12-30-2020, 09:17 PM   #3
MVP

decga's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by bb9

I can dig it! I just didn't make it to the playoffs. Lost in Game 163! Congrats!
Old 12-31-2020, 07:49 AM   #4
bb9
Rookie

bb9's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulfield
how did you go about playing the WS? I've played as multiple teams in a season a few times over the years and I've often thought how I'd play the WS if both my teams went all the way. I've gone back and and forth on this a lot and while it probably makes more sense to play as the home team, I really think I might enjoy more playing as the road team

oh, and congratulations, definitely an energy drainer, even w/o taking the postseason into account
I wasn't sure how I wanted to do it. I wish I could have done manager mode for both sides. I ended up playing every other game (kind of) with each team. I played with the Indians in game 7 because they had home field advantage.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »