Home

Feel the Sting- Hornets 2k21

This is a discussion on Feel the Sting- Hornets 2k21 within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-29-2020, 10:39 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Feel the Sting- Hornets 2k21

After years of blunders, Michael Jordan and the Charlotte Hornets look to finally nail down a bonafide star from the lottery, in the form of the youngest Ball brother LaMelo. Team President and Owner Michael Jordan said this about Ball: "Even though Lavar thinks he can beat me one on one, it doesn't change the fact that his son could potentially bring a title to Charlotte one day".

With a little bit of a rebrand, the Hornets hope to get on track and start building a winning culture. Bringing in former all-star wing Gordon Hayward is a good start, paid a hefty sum to nail down a winner who can be a positive mentor to the young players in Charlotte. Hayward was quoted saying "I know my best days are likely behind me, but hopefully I can be a positive role model and mentor to these young guys in the locker room, this is a special group here".

In addition to Ball and Hayward, this team is headlined by breakout guard Devonte Graham and seasoned vet 'Scary' Terry Rozier, along with promising young players like Miles Bridges and Pj Washington who have flashed some pretty impressive athleticism in their short time in the NBA and hopefully can be a part of that new Hornets culture that is attempting to be built.

Head Coach James Borrego, who will be entering his third year is really excited at the direction of the team and the addition of LaMelo, he was quoted in a post draft interview saying "We knew Melo was the best player in this draft from the beginning, and to get him at 3rd overall could be the steal of the draft. We're excited to get this season going, I think we are going to surprise some people."
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Melo.jpg (131.9 KB, 54 views)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-29-2020, 10:41 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Feel the Sting- Hornets 2k21

This will be an NBA 2k21 myLeague featuring the Hornets, it will be played on PC. We will try to get in a few games per month(in game) and then monthly recaps will be posted, along with highlights from those games and scoring updates and whatnot.

Feel free to chime in with ideas and thoughts on how to go about a few things. I want this to be a fun and interesting chain.
Old 12-30-2020, 02:17 PM   #3
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

OVR: 12

I think the hornets are a sneaky fun team to use in the years ahead.
Old 12-31-2020, 02:03 AM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan
I think the hornets are a sneaky fun team to use in the years ahead.
Yeah they are, i've been doing some play now with them to get a little feel and they have a really fun 5 or 6 players to use.
Old 01-02-2021, 07:01 PM   #5
Rookie

A Solid December brings some hope for the future

The Hornets have gotten off to a great start in the 2020-21 season, finishing the month of December at an even 500 record of 7-7, there's been some ups and downs, big wins and big losses but this team has competed and played hard throughout.

Head Coach James Borrego is very encouraged on how the youngsters have played, especially 3rd overall pick LaMelo Ball, who is leading the team in points per game with 18.8 and assists per game with 7.2, he's really taken the reigns as that primary ballhandler and facilitator.

A few highlights from the first month of the year:

111-99 loss in the season opener to the Pelicans, was not the start we had hoped for as LaMelo was a dismal 2-14 from the field and the team just couldn't stop Steven Adams on the boards as he grabbed 19 rebounds.

We got on track with a 152-124 win against the Chicago Bulls in the teams home opener, Devonte Graham was a perfect 10-10 from the field and had 24 points, Lamelo had a big game with 23 points and 16 assists as well as our longest tenured player; Cody Zeller getting 23 points and 15 rebounds. It was a great showing all around.

We followed that up with a wins against Minnesota, the Clippers, Golden State, Memphis, Detroit and the Knicks. Also threw in some blowout losses to the Lakers, Pacers, Celtics and Sixers. It seems like we are beating most of the team we should hang with the better teams are having our number which is to be expected for a team this young. It's some excellent work to build upon.

Some highlights from the around the league:

Luka Doncic averaging 34 points 10 rebounds and 9 assists so far.
Giannis is leading the league in rebounding with 15.5 per game to go along with 29 points a game.
Damian Lillard leads the 12-2 Blazers with 32.7 PPG and 11.6 APG
Anthony Davis' Lakers are tied with Portland at 12-2 while the Nets hold the Easts top spot at 10-3.

We have some big games coming up in January to determine where we will go throughout this season, if we can make a run at an 8th seed, or if we need to maybe see about selling off some expiring players such as Cody Zeller who with the way he has been playing, may garner quite a bit of interest.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »