Home

M20 1983 Roster PS4

This is a discussion on M20 1983 Roster PS4 within the Madden NFL Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-02-2021, 03:34 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0
M20 1983 Roster PS4

Hello classic roster junkies!

After some consideration, I decided to move ahead with a new roster for M20. No, I have not moved on to M21 and have no intention of doing so until I upgrade systems, and even then I may not. So, I am continuing to make rosters for M20 as I am still having a lot of fun with this game.

So, I have started 1983! That was a great season in my opinion and a transitional year for the NFL. 1982 was shortened by a strike and the 1983 draft class was one for the ages. The singleback formation was picked up by several teams and the number of young players who made a dramatic impact was unprecedented.

Of course there were all of the big name QBs from the draft: Elway, Marino, O'Brien, Blackledge, Eason.

However, this was also Eric Dickerson's rookie season. Also, Curt Warner and Roger Craig

Other major impact players: Darrell Green, Bruce Matthews, Henry Ellard, Darryl Talley, Charles Mann, plus many others.

And then there was the USFL coming into existence in 1983 and several high profile players went to that league: Herschel Walker, Craig James, Jim Kelly and several others.

This has been a season I have thought about making a few times, and figured it was time to do it.

I have started the process of moving and renaming players throughout each team. Normally I do a division at a time, but I decided to take a slightly different approach this time and do all 28 teams (moving players, renaming players) and then go back and do their equipment and ratings. So far I have moved and renamed the entire AFC and started on the NFC.

So, this roster is still at least a month out from being completed. The roster will be designed for Play Now, but I will also end up making the expansion teams USFL teams and lowering ratings for free agents for those who want to use franchise mode. However, I caution you from the start, franchise mode will NOT translate well for 1983. So, if you want to have the most fun with roster, you will want to use custom playbooks for both teams and use Play Now.

I will also be creating some new playbooks for this roster. Not many, just a couple. Mostly I will be taking my Singleback playbook and reworking it for early 80s football.

As for ratings, this roster will be like most of rosters. So, if you like my ratings systems, you will like this roster. If you prefer normal Madden rating systems, you will be disappointed by my ratings. Also, I do NOT use the XFactors. I believe they are arcadey and poorly implemented. Plus they look ridiculous on the field. Proper ratings allow players to standout with out the use of XFactors and Superstar silliness.
I do utilize the traits to provide differentiation and better gameplay. While I normally only have a few players with the Big Hit trait on my rosters, I will have more than I normally do to help with the bigger hits of 80s football compared to today. Still, there will not be as many as default Madden rosters.

I will keep everyone updated on the progress of the roster as I go.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-02-2021, 03:35 PM   #2
MVP

Re: M20 1983 Roster PS4

The roster is now LIVE!

PSN: Browns01fan78
File Name: 1983

File includes: All 28 NFL teams done. 4 Expansion teams are now done as USFL teams.
Expansion/USFL teams:
Carolina Panthers: Michigan Panthers
Jacksonville Jaguars: Tampa Bay Bandits
Baltimore Ravens: New Jersey Generals
Houston Texans: Arizona Wranglers

Free Agents lowered. A few FAs were added.

The roster is now complete.

Last edited by Iteachpercussion; 02-24-2021 at 06:25 PM. Reason: Update on roster
Old 01-24-2021, 08:10 PM   #3
MVP

Just a quick update so you do not think I abandoned the project.

So far I have all 28 teams players moved and renamed.

I also have the AFC East, AFC Central, and half of the AFC West completely finished with equipment and ratings.

I have played a couple of full games and a few half games. I have been very pleased with the results so far.

I hope to finish the AFC West by midweek and then move to the NFC by Thursday or so.
Old 01-25-2021, 07:15 PM   #4
MVP

As always, looking forward to your roster
Old 01-26-2021, 07:07 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 3

Thank you for not moving your great roster work to the wasteland that is Madden 21
I am building a website that will host classic sport gaming rosters from years past. We have lost many great rosters for good over the past several years due to expired links. If your interested in contributing, please PM me and let the work live on forever!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-28-2021, 09:23 PM   #6
MVP

I finished the AFC this evening. Tomorrow I will start on the NFC.
Old 01-29-2021, 07:06 PM   #7
Pro

Awesome can’t wait!
Old 02-02-2021, 03:48 PM   #8
MVP

Just finished the NFC East today. 2 more divisions to go of the real 28 teams!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters »