Home

Why is the AI, specifically in My Career, so bad?

This is a discussion on Why is the AI, specifically in My Career, so bad? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-02-2021, 11:58 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Why is the AI, specifically in My Career, so bad?

Maybe it's because I'm playing Hall of Fame, but my team is terrible at times. I'm a Center and chose the Lakers, a fast easy route to the play offs and I'm a good match with Lebron and Davis. Turns out it doesn't make much a difference since both play so bad. It's not like that all the time, but the last game Lebron had 7 points and AD had 2. Then there's the supporting cast, let's just say I don't trust them when it comes to shooting 3s, just terrible and miss everything. Now get this, Whenever I play against other teams with Superstars those Superstars always do good. I just got obliterated against Luka Doncic. Leonard & PG are monsters. Giannis is nearly unstoppable.

It's like the game wants me to carry the load and I don't think that's right because for 1)I'm 69 overall. 2)I chose a Superstar team purely to dominate

We're 15-6 now, but I can't help but think how the AI is so dumb. This game was NOT built from the ground up. Replace AI 2k15 and you wouldn't know the difference

Last edited by ImInThis; 01-03-2021 at 12:05 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-03-2021, 01:17 AM   #2
MVP

zello144's Arena

Re: Why is the AI, specifically in My Career, so bad?

It kinda has always been this way. I think it's because of our player being on the team the AI is kinda dumbed down a bit and has to account for our players.
Old 01-03-2021, 08:38 AM   #3
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by zello144
It kinda has always been this way. I think it's because of our player being on the team the AI is kinda dumbed down a bit and has to account for our players.
I haven't played yet, but yeah MyCareer has always been about your player having to dominate to win. I don't it has been bad as 2k15-2k17 where you pretty much had to average over 40 just to win games. I do feel that 2k18 and beyond, teammates have gotten better.
You just got to force the issue. I always grinded in the past up to at least 90 so I could have GM control and controlling what plays players get. I feel that once you can influence trades and signings and control which plays are ran, things get better. Especially how bad AI roster management is in MyCareer, you almost have to get to 90 just to make good moves. You can build a good lineup. Just wish you could do manual saves, so that in case they make a terrible move. But the ability to adjust lineups, roster management, and plays, does make the mode enjoyable. It was just that it was a pain just to grind to 90 OVR in the past 2k19 and back. I haven't played 2k20 and on, so I hope its better
Old 01-03-2021, 09:33 AM   #4
Pro

Pretty sure HoF deflates your teammates while powering up your opponent. You have to play All Star or Superstar if you want the game to be more balanced for the AIs.

Sent from my iPad using Operation Sports
Old 01-03-2021, 09:57 AM   #5
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrustie
Pretty sure HoF deflates your teammates while powering up your opponent. You have to play All Star or Superstar if you want the game to be more balanced for the AIs.

Yeah, the only real benefit to play on HoF is for the HoF multiplier.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-03-2021, 02:40 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by zello144

It shouldn't be this way, logically it makes no sense at all. I joined a championship caliber team, I shouldn't have to score 50 ppg.

If anything just buff the other teams
Old 01-03-2021, 02:41 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrustie

I'll try Superstar
Old 01-03-2021, 04:42 PM   #8
MVP

3304Life's Arena

I play superstar, the balance is great. I can have games I have a 20/10 double double and lose by 30 and other times I’ll have 11 points 4 assists and win by 20.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »