Home

Thinking about getting a gaming PC but have a few questions

This is a discussion on Thinking about getting a gaming PC but have a few questions within the Madden NFL Football PC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football PC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-04-2021, 07:16 AM   #1
Pro

BigOrangeVol4Life's Arena

OVR: 0
Thinking about getting a gaming PC but have a few questions

I’ve always been a console player, but the more I read and learn about these mods for Madden and NBA 2k, the more interest I have in switching to PC. Just a few questions..

1. What is a gaming PC laptop you would recommend?

2. Can these laptops be easily upgraded or should I buy a gaming desktop? I don’t want to buy a new system every year or 2 to keep up with the new releases.

3. Is it possible to stick with one title such as NBA 2k20 and download mods with updated rosters, schedules, coaching staffs, floors, jerseys, etc. each year to prevent #2 above?

4. Is it possible to download mods that feature real life advertisements in the arenas and all new music played through the PA system during timeouts and other times?

Thanks in advance. If you know of a good link that would provide good info on this, please share it with me.

Last edited by BigOrangeVol4Life; 01-04-2021 at 07:21 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-04-2021, 07:52 AM   #2
Rookie

jay87's Arena

Re: Thinking about getting a gaming PC but have a few questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOrangeVol4Life
I’ve always been a console player, but the more I read and learn about these mods for Madden and NBA 2k, the more interest I have in switching to PC. Just a few questions..

There is plenty of choice there. The most important thing is that you know approximately how much you want to spend. Then we can help you better with the selection.

Quote:
2. Can these laptops be easily upgraded or should I buy a gaming desktop? I don’t want to buy a new system every year or 2 to keep up with the new releases.
I don't know much about laptops, but they should be difficult or impossible to upgrade due to their design.
A quick search on the web confirms this: RAM and hard drives can be easily upgraded, CPU/motherboard not at all and graphics cards only a few models.
That is different for a desktop PC. As long as the motherboard is not obsolete (new CPUs are still being developed for the socket or the new ones are compatible) the CPU and graphics card can be upgraded for several years.

Quote:
3. Is it possible to stick with one title such as NBA 2k20 and download mods with updated rosters, schedules, coaching staffs, floors, jerseys, etc. each year to prevent #2 above?

4. Is it possible to download mods that feature real life advertisements in the arenas and all new music played through the PA system during timeouts and other times?
3. As long as people are still making stuff for the old games you can do that.
4. It also depends on what people are doing for the game, and also what is possible to mod in the first place.

Project: 100% NFL Simulation Football

TFG Roster, 2020 Franchise File, XP-Sliders, Itbeme's Revival Playbook Mod Extension & Simulation Gameplay Sliders

The 100% NFL Roster and Itbeme23's Simulation Sliders for Madden20 *BETA*

R.I.P Arthur Morgan
Old 01-05-2021, 05:01 PM   #3
Pro

Quote:

Thanks in advance. If you know of a good link that would provide good info on this, please share it with me.
1. I don't have a laptop and wouldn't purchase one.

2. Laptops are not easily upgradable, that's why most PC players use desktop.

3. Majority of Madden PC users are still using Madden 20, since 21 didn't have a profile to become moddable.

- Sintrhos Start-Today mod has an up to date Franchise in 2020 that's up to week 17 with real life standings and stats.

- Sabo Gameplay Mod - Only time I've ever enjoyed playing the computer. It's a tough match up and makes games fun

- Sabo AI mod, off-season is now interesting as CPU makes actual real moves in FA and cuts players who are cap casualties.

-Eli2Manningham has 3 real life draft classes out, with plans to roll out to a 2027 class with real players.

4. Aholbert32 has real life Jumbotron vids for each team.

He has a mod with real life ads and signage

M111 has Broadcast Logos for NBC, Fox, CBS, and ESPN

I wouldn't be surprised if most users stick to Madden 20 even 22 isn't moddable either.
Old 01-11-2021, 01:55 PM   #4
Rookie

PunkMonk's Arena

Quote:

I would look into what hardware comes with the laptop or desktop that you choose. Your main components are your CPU (processor), GPU (graphics card), RAM, and storage space. It's all about how much you want to spend and functionality. I personally went with a laptop because I like to be able to game if I travel to friends as well. Buying a desktop is recommended if travel isn't an issue for you. As someone else stated, with a desktop build you can upgrade hardware where as a laptop you can only upgrade RAM and storage. Madden is more CPU heavy than it is GPU heavy. Overall it's not a SUPER demanding game.

I personally have an Acer Predator I paid about 1200 for. I play on a 1440p monitor and get pretty good frames and performance for the games I play (Madden, Warzone, Rogue Company). My specs are as follows..

CPU - Intel i7 10750h
GPU - RTX 2060
16GB RAM
500GB SSD
Old 01-13-2021, 02:06 AM   #5
Pro

BigOrangeVol4Life's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PunkMonk
I would look into what hardware comes with the laptop or desktop that you choose. Your main components are your CPU (processor), GPU (graphics card), RAM, and storage space. It's all about how much you want to spend and functionality. I personally went with a laptop because I like to be able to game if I travel to friends as well. Buying a desktop is recommended if travel isn't an issue for you. As someone else stated, with a desktop build you can upgrade hardware where as a laptop you can only upgrade RAM and storage. Madden is more CPU heavy than it is GPU heavy. Overall it's not a SUPER demanding game.

I personally have an Acer Predator I paid about 1200 for. I play on a 1440p monitor and get pretty good frames and performance for the games I play (Madden, Warzone, Rogue Company). My specs are as follows..

CPU - Intel i7 10750h
GPU - RTX 2060
16GB RAM
500GB SSD
Thanks man. Very helpful info. I’d like to play the modded version of Madden 19 as well as Madden 20. Will I still be able to do this down the road or will I need to do so before EA shuts down the servers for those games and ends their support?
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football PC »