Home

From Madden 20 to Madden 21 Next Gen - worth it?

This is a discussion on From Madden 20 to Madden 21 Next Gen - worth it? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-04-2021, 09:54 AM   #1
MVP

mm boost's Arena

OVR: 12
From Madden 20 to Madden 21 Next Gen - worth it?

Currently, I am a couple seasons into my franchise on Madden 20 for Xbox One (X). I had been holding off on Madden 21 until I seen how it was for Next Gen.

So for those that have played both...is it worth upgrading to Madden 21 on Xbox Series X, or should I just stick with 20 until 22 comes out? I haven't played 21 on either console yet just for reference.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-04-2021, 10:14 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: From Madden 20 to Madden 21 Next Gen - worth it?

There are some differences but you not missing much. I would say if you are a franchise player, wait till 22. If you like other modes then 21 may be fun for you but 21 is basically 20 with a few new options. Nothing earth changing. I am hoping they are spending the development time making 22 for the next gen a beast.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
Old 01-04-2021, 10:23 AM   #3
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

Wait for the patch feedback on M21 next gen. Hopefully that addresses the coverage issues and some other stuff.

I've been playing both M20 and M21 NG and enjoy both but you have to HEAVILY adjust sliders on M21 NG to get somewhat decent gameplay.

The player movement keeps drawing me back to M21 NG more than M20 though.
Old 01-04-2021, 11:51 AM   #4
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

If you're still on 20 I'm not sure why you wouldn't wait and see if NG goes to the EA Play vault next month.

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk
Old 01-04-2021, 12:32 PM   #5
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
If you're still on 20 I'm not sure why you wouldn't wait and see if NG goes to the EA Play vault next month.

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

I'd stick with M20 if i were you, but like Mestevo said, if you really want M21 just wait until early February when it's free in the vault.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-04-2021, 01:37 PM   #6
Rookie

If I had already bought into a next gen system I’m not sure why I wouldn’t want the latest version of Madden. Seems like a contradiction to pony up for a bleeding edge system as soon as it came out but to suddenly get frugal on a particular game, but hey, that’s just me.
Old 01-04-2021, 02:38 PM   #7
MVP

mm boost's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fusker
If I had already bought into a next gen system I’m not sure why I wouldn’t want the latest version of Madden. Seems like a contradiction to pony up for a bleeding edge system as soon as it came out but to suddenly get frugal on a particular game, but hey, that’s just me.
Has nothing to do with being frugal. Just trying to figure out if it is worth it to stop my M20 franchise and start a fresh one on m21 next gen. I typically skip every other year of madden.

Old 01-04-2021, 04:36 PM   #8
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fusker

Not sure if you've played next gen madden but the performance is pretty horrible. It's certainly not a next gen quality game and it's not even worth playing in my opinion. FIFA and NBA 2K delivered true next gen experiences. Madden delivered a buggy, stuttering crap show. It is what it is, but it certainly is not a contradiction to continue playing a much better game in madden 20 for free than spending money to play a game filled with bugs and poor performance.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »