Home

Thrill of The Fight (Oculus Quest)

This is a discussion on Thrill of The Fight (Oculus Quest) within the Boxing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-06-2021, 04:35 AM   #1
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

OVR: 14
Thrill of The Fight (Oculus Quest)

Bought my sons an Oculus Quest 2 virtual reality headset for Christmas and we are having a blast with it! Our favortie game (amongst some really good ones!) is a boxing sim titled Thrill of The Fight.

If you are a boxing enthusiast and ever envisioned yourself stepping into the ring, this game lets you live out that fantasy. You can train, spar or jump right into a multi-round fight.

One lesson you learn pretty quickly is pacing yourself. In one of my initial bouts, I knocked the guy down early in the first round...a flash knockdown. I mistakenly spent the remainder of the round trying to kill the guy but couldnt get the K.O.

When the bell sounded I was DONE! ..In my corner gasping for breath, heart about to burst! Lmao! My sons got a big laugh out of it. I couldnt continue and had to quit.

Couple days later, after my body recovered from the upper body soarness of throwing haymakers for 2 minutes, I fought the same guy and finished a pretty efficient 3Χ3-minute round bout, winning all three rounds by unanimous decision.

There were moments where I hurt him but I stuck to my gameplan, worked my jab and peppered him with body shots and straight rights to him keep at a distance.

So much FUN! AND a great workout! My goal is to eventually get in good enough shape for an 8-round bout and longer.

As far as a career type mode with contracts and prize money, etc...I dont believe thats in the game or maybe I just have not gotten that far. But you do advance from fighter to fighter, each presenting a different style (slugger,.counterpuncher, etc).

Either way, this game is a blast with a lot of potential. If any of you have been considering an Oculus, I highy recommend the Quest 2 and adding Thrill of the Fight which was included in one of several Holiday sale, game bundles I purchased after setting up the headset.

Enjoy!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-06-2021, 03:11 PM   #2
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Thrill of The Fight (Oculus Quest)

thanks for the post - sounds cool!

Why is there a massive price gap between the 64gb quest 2 vs the 256gb? it can't be almost 3x as expensive JUST because of that storage diff can it? Also can you use your own solid state storage? I've never looked into it before but I can see getting into combat games like this and getting some alternative excersize
Old 01-06-2021, 06:56 PM   #3
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by allBthere
thanks for the post - sounds cool!

Why is there a massive price gap between the 64gb quest 2 vs the 256gb? it can't be almost 3x as expensive JUST because of that storage diff can it? Also can you use your own solid state storage? I've never looked into it before but I can see getting into combat games like this and getting some alternative excersize
Prices I saw for the 64 gig and 256 gig were $299 and $399 respectively...only a $100 gap which is reasonable.

I went ahead and got the 256 gig since those funds were coming from what wouldve been spent on a XSeriesX or PS5 had I been lucky enough to secure one lol. Now Im glad that I didn't.

As for using your own storage, Im not sure. I havent explored that at all to be honest but it would cool if possible.
Old 01-07-2021, 09:31 AM   #4
Run After Catch

OVR: 13

I agree 100%. I've been playing it off and on for the last couple of years and it's a lot of fun. I love that there's a boxing game where the limit to your stamina is tied to your own abilities. It's not a substitute for getting the ring but it's about as close as you can get.

My biggest issues have been fogging up the lenses and drenching my Rift headset in sweat.
Old 01-08-2021, 04:30 PM   #5
The OS Artist Guy

NYG_Meth's Arena

OVR: 24

Thrill of the Fight is virtually the only thing I use my Oculus Quest for. I absolutely love how realistic it feels, and it’s an amazing workout. Huge fan.

Website • Facebook • Twitter • YouTube • DeviantArt
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-11-2021, 07:58 PM   #6
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

For fun...in the "set height" menu...I stepped on a couple of books to get a taller opponent. Bad move. When I stepped into the ring for my next fight I might as well have been in there with Tyson Fury LOL! I couldn't get outside of the guy's range. Headshots left me horribly exposed to counters. I got my *** whupped! I believe the guy was taller by default so I added even more height to him with the book trick. Lesson learned.
Old 01-26-2021, 06:21 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 0

Blu-ray Discs for PS5 can store up to 100GB of game data

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing »