Home

Anyone still play Jack Nicklaus Perfect Golf?

This is a discussion on Anyone still play Jack Nicklaus Perfect Golf? within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-07-2021, 02:33 PM   #1
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27
Anyone still play Jack Nicklaus Perfect Golf?

Tried to get into 2K21 like the other versions and just not feeling it. Something just didn't seem right in the game play. Game play is first and foremost so I don't really care about the ancillary ****.

I recently got into the Real Time Swing on this, though see the putting still too sensitive even though I've slowed down my mouse sensitivities as best as possible. I can put up with the short putts seeming like tap ins. When you play this game with the grid off permanently, it really has a very very good sim feel to it.

If anyone is still playing this and up to playing this way, drop me a PM here or on Steam (SN: Gordo).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-07-2021, 02:55 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Anyone still play Jack Nicklaus Perfect Golf?

Yep

I play two rounds a night, probably 4 nights a week.

Normally a controller player (RTS-C), but I've been dabbling in the Mouse swing again (RTS-M)

I don't think there has **ever** been a better control method for a golf game than the RTS-M these guys did.

It's superb. The control and feel and way you can work the ball are simply unmatched.

I've always been a controller guy (since it was an option on PG) for convenience, but I'm thinking I'm going to stick with RTS-M for a while as I'm having so much fun with it.
Old 01-07-2021, 02:57 PM   #3
MVP

Thank goodness the phenomenal third party course designers released a fairly wide range of great courses before the writing hit the wall.

As it is, most of my desires are met in this regard.

Would I love more courses?
No doubt -- but I'm not left bored with the ones that did get released at least.
Old 01-07-2021, 02:59 PM   #4
MVP

The only thing that might be on the horizon that could pull my interest away would be a truly next-gen EA offering again.

The 2K/HB thing holds no interest to me unless they finally do a complete ground up re-think -- and honestly I'm sort of "done" with HB.

They've not shown themselves capable or willing (not sure which) of making a complete, fleshed out, feature rich, bug fixed experience.

They keep releasing half baked games with numerous issues and then moving on to yet another version. I'm not interested in that whatsoever.

If 2k is serious about this genre, they should consider replacing HB.
Old 01-07-2021, 07:03 PM   #5
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

Can't tell if that's a "yes" or not
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-08-2021, 10:52 AM   #6
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10

No, I finally quit playing it last year. It just looks so dated to me, which I think is attributable to its DirectX 9 compatibility. It looks like a 2009/2010 vintage game to me because of that. The uncustomizable golfer looks like a character out of the Night of the Living Dead, and the heavy rough textures often look really blocky.

I like its controller swing interface better than any other controller swing interface I've tried, although it does become very difficult to scale on putts of say 8 feet, or less. I could play it again if PGA TOUR 2K21 wasn't around, but there are just a few unquantifiable key areas for my interest that make 2K21 get the nod over JNPG for me.
Old 01-11-2021, 07:46 AM   #7
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

Really wasn't a "why don't you play JNPG any more" question. I get that a lot have jumped into 2K and doing what they can to like it despite the problems.

This is more like looking for any players here that still do play JNPG and want friendly matches online.
Old 02-23-2021, 04:52 PM   #8
MVP

Speaking of Perfect Golf.

The successor that was released by the owner of the platform (Trackman) just released another update to their software and it includes a "jurassic game environment".

Can't make this stuff up.

It's incredibly how poorly the takes of "what are you doing EA!?" aged, in regards to the battleship Rory thing.

Turns out some people like the fantasy stuff

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »