Home

Back Drag Guide

This is a discussion on Back Drag Guide within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-13-2021, 07:27 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Back Drag Guide

Hi all,

Asked about this before but didn't get a reply so figured I'd try again.

Does anyone have/know of a comprehensive guide around the back clinch particularily around the drag mechanics? I've got no issue with other takedowns and I understand I need to hold R2 to prevent the actual backpack position but the mechanics and locomotion of the various drag takedowns eludes me.

Also anyone got any tips on facing someone who constantly goes for the single leg bail to back take? It seems a bit OP to me but perhaps I'm missing something.

Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-13-2021, 09:57 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Back Drag Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurkeyOfJive
Hi all,

Asked about this before but didn't get a reply so figured I'd try again.

Does anyone have/know of a comprehensive guide around the back clinch particularily around the drag mechanics? I've got no issue with other takedowns and I understand I need to hold R2 to prevent the actual backpack position but the mechanics and locomotion of the various drag takedowns eludes me.

Also anyone got any tips on facing someone who constantly goes for the single leg bail to back take? It seems a bit OP to me but perhaps I'm missing something.

Thanks
If they try to drag u to backsitting pull away from them. If they try to push u to backside pull towards them.
Old 01-13-2021, 10:09 AM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granbyroll
If they try to drag u to backsitting pull away from them. If they try to push u to backside pull towards them.

Short & sweet - many thanks.
Old 01-13-2021, 12:06 PM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurkeyOfJive
Short & sweet - many thanks.

It makes sense in theory, but it is actually not the proper way to defend them. You need a stamina advantage for that to work.

The best way to defend is to stand still. Hold both triggers to defend the drag. If they go for a strike or the backpack, quickly release the left trigger. You will block or deny.

There are two turning takedowns from the back drag. Prepare to flick up or down on the left stick to defend those.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 01-13-2021, 02:39 PM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granbyroll
So those TDs have a direction like the turn TDs.... No wonder I keep missing them.

When you say pull towards them for the backside td you mean like when you pull towards them for the driving TD?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-14-2021, 12:24 AM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmangala
So those TDs have a direction like the turn TDs.... No wonder I keep missing them.

When you say pull towards them for the backside td you mean like when you pull towards them for the driving TD?

Those takedowns are unique in that they are executed with the left stick but are not considered turning takedowns. The drag to back side has no turns as far as I know. The pull to back sitting has the basic undefended pull down and two turning directions. They are defended with either up or down on the left stick.

Most people get taken down because they are already touching the left stick to exit the clinch. Which will not work unless you have a stamina advantage or they start the takedown late. Meaning the best defensive option is to stand still and preempt the takedown by holding the triggers.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »