Home

Help with defending 1 on 1 deep passing

This is a discussion on Help with defending 1 on 1 deep passing within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-16-2021, 06:29 PM   #1
Rookie

Yazan Gable's Arena

OVR: 0
Help with defending 1 on 1 deep passing

I've been burned in two separate games where a QB throws a hail mary pass to a player who is sitting, waiting for the ball to arrive and a defender standing there with him waiting for it. Both times, I went to interact with the ball and instead they did nothing while the receiver caught it without disruption. What am I doing wrong on these plays? I wait until it's nearing arrival to press/hold Triangle and when that did not work I opted for pressing/holding Square right as the ball was arriving. As both videos show, neither did anything.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zhr6H2YWkM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5qUsTCxEIs
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-17-2021, 01:17 AM   #2
MVP

prey2god's Arena

Re: Help with defending 1 on 1 deep passing

Are you playing Franchise?
Old 01-17-2021, 11:01 AM   #3
MVP

icicle22's Arena

OVR: 7

I've had this happen a couple of times myself as the Browns in CFM offline. It's not everytime but I think I have seen it 2-3 times. It's frustrating that you are pressing the button and it just doesn't register at all.

It's time like this I feel the game is scripted cause if I recall it was usually during a "comeback" by the CPU and it seems like it's predetermined that they must score.
Old 01-17-2021, 12:46 PM   #4
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22

It picks from a pool of animations that can trigger and you can sometimes get a bad animation. Or it's a bug. Hard to tell with Madden.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk
Old 01-17-2021, 12:55 PM   #5
MVP

IlluminatusUIUC's Arena

OVR: 6

A few years back, I was playing online and a guy threw deep down the sideline. The announcer started in with the "And it's caught for a huge gain!" before the ball had even reached the top of its arc. I think the ultimate outcome of the play is to a major extent determined once the pass is thrown.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-17-2021, 04:25 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yazan Gable
I've been burned in two separate games where a QB throws a hail mary pass to a player who is sitting, waiting for the ball to arrive and a defender standing there with him waiting for it. Both times, I went to interact with the ball and instead they did nothing while the receiver caught it without disruption. What am I doing wrong on these plays? I wait until it's nearing arrival to press/hold Triangle and when that did not work I opted for pressing/holding Square right as the ball was arriving. As both videos show, neither did anything.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zhr6H2YWkM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5qUsTCxEIs
I often experience this in conjunction with being unable to take control of the nearest defender. My guy will be highlight as under player control but he’ll sort of be stuck in that strafe, knees bent and arms out “ready” position while I rage smash Y or X or A. The receiver will leap up and catch the ball why my guy literally watches him run by.
Old 01-17-2021, 04:38 PM   #7
Rookie

It happened to me also. Sometimes I'm fine with it if it involves WRs like Adams, Thomas or Julio in 1on1 jump balls. The bad thing is poor receivers can also catch those passes. Anyway you have to switch and press the button all the way to correctly perform a user swat, at least it's what I do...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »