Home

Are sliders helpful or are they just a mask?

This is a discussion on Are sliders helpful or are they just a mask? within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-20-2021, 04:22 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0

I’ve been down the sliders rabbit hole again this year like usual and haven’t played much as I’m more worried about sliders being perfect before I get too deep into playing a MyNba......As I’ve tested tons of different slider options I’ve started to notice that I think they just mask certain issues but create others in the process, it’s lead me to question if drastic slider changes are actually helpful in the grand scheme of things.......The game is designed to play a certain way and when we make drastic changes to things is it really doing the game any good at the end of the day........ what are some of you guys thoughts on this? Is the trade off worth it?

****And just to be clear I always edit movement sliders and foul sliders as those I don’t think affect the overall game play as much.......

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-20-2021, 10:52 PM   #2
Pro

Re: Are sliders helpful or are they just a mask?

Quote:
Originally Posted by strosdood
I’ve been down the sliders rabbit hole again this year like usual and haven’t played much as I’m more worried about sliders being perfect before I get too deep into playing a MyNba......As I’ve tested tons of different slider options I’ve started to notice that I think they just mask certain issues but create others in the process, it’s lead me to question if drastic slider changes are actually helpful in the grand scheme of things.......The game is designed to play a certain way and when we make drastic changes to things is it really doing the game any good at the end of the day........ what are some of you guys thoughts on this? Is the trade off worth it?

****And just to be clear I always edit movement sliders and foul sliders as those I don’t think affect the overall game play as much.......

I agree, I bought the game to play the game not to mess with the sliders endlessly, some people get slideritis.
Old 01-21-2021, 10:51 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by leafsfan67
I agree, I bought the game to play the game not to mess with the sliders endlessly, some people get slideritis.

I agree 100%. I am trying to find a set that works for me. I play position lock PG and I have not been having any fun at all.

Old 01-25-2021, 11:24 PM   #4
LXV
Rookie

I think the sliders can help in terms of movement, player interactions (animations), and the tendency sliders definitely make a difference. Ultimately I do feel the 2K momentum based gameplay decides a lot of the outcome of the game in general. For example which shots go in and which don’t. (unless of-course you’ve greened). I do believe that custom rosters with edited tendencies and badges definitely make a significant difference though.
Old 01-26-2021, 12:51 AM   #5
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19

Sliders are incredibly helpful in getting the game to play closer to the way you think it should. But there are some issues sliders just can’t fix, so when it comes to those issues they’re more of a mask than a solution.

As long as you know what sliders can do and what they can’t do, they’re great.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-26-2021, 12:59 PM   #6
MVP

BaselineBakes's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by EccentricMeat
Sliders are incredibly helpful in getting the game to play closer to the way you think it should. But there are some issues sliders just can’t fix, so when it comes to those issues they’re more of a mask than a solution.

As long as you know what sliders can do and what they can’t do, they’re great.

This. To me it all depends on your goal, if it’s to create a competent AI opponent making them harder/easier, etc they are worth it to mess with.

If you’re searching for numbers or statistics, there are certain things that the game just can never replicate (errant passes and realistic turnovers, etc.) and the numbers will always be off and a bandaid for other things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by BaselineBakes; 01-26-2021 at 02:03 PM.
Old 01-26-2021, 02:02 PM   #7
MVP

BaselineBakes's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubs3141
I agree 100%. I am trying to find a set that works for me. I play position lock PG and I have not been having any fun at all.

I play the same way. I’ve always believed no slider set is a one size fit all but if you’re interested and on Xbox one let me know. I think I’ve shared my most recent version.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 01-26-2021, 04:44 PM   #8
MVP

Brooke2011's Arena

There are some good slider sets on here , but at the end of the day it’s preference. I look for player movement and explosive plays where players are not sluggish. I hate on fast breaks or steals players take fooooorever to get down court. Right now I play on broadcast Cam with a game speed of 65 . I play on HoF difficulty. I only change user acceleration and strength to 100 and the movement and gameplay is very rewarding.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »