Home

Old 01-22-2021, 02:57 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 6
Best game on PS3 and pc ?

I'm looking at getting the best PS3 baseball game for either a pc or to use with the PS3 emulator on the pc.

Any ideas ?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-22-2021, 03:02 PM   #2
Pro

MBMavs20's Arena

Re: Best game on PS3 and pc ?

I thought that MLB 16 for the PS3 was the best graphics wise. Not sure about the gameplay yet. When I play, I will be using Mike Lowe's 2016 slider set.

I am currently editing the default roster and minor leaguers using the RBU tool from the rosters thread and I am adding my pitch edits as well. Then I am going to replay the 2016 season.
Old 01-22-2021, 03:08 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Someone else can cover PS3 (plus I have no idea what's compatible with emulators), but you might want to look into Super Mega Baseball 3 if you just like baseball and don't need MLB branding/Players to enjoy it. Very solid game despite its cartoony appearance.

If you want a real-life format game on PC that isn't text sim, you'll have to go all the way back to MLB2K12, the last game of the series released on PC. And that won't be easy to find these days since it's been delisted from Steam.

There is RBI on PC as well which is more recent, but.....meh.
Old 01-22-2021, 03:28 PM   #4
MVP

I had SMB 3 on PS4 and played it a lot and enjoyed it. I've played a lot of the show but wanted a game I could play shortened seasons on.
Old 01-22-2021, 08:37 PM   #5
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

MVP 2005 has been modded to the hilt. There are even mods for various shortened seasons.

It would take a bit to set up, but I can help you with that if you want to PM me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-23-2021, 11:26 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by daflyboys
MVP 2005 has been modded to the hilt. There are even mods for various shortened seasons.
It would take a bit to set up, but I can help you with that if you want to PM me.
Sadly, after a certain someone left the scene there haven't been decent current rosters for 2005. This was the first year I didn't play it with up to date rosters.
Old 01-23-2021, 11:30 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by packmanuk
I'm looking at getting the best PS3 baseball game for either a pc or to use with the PS3 emulator on the pc.
Any ideas ?
MLB The Show 16 on PS3. Community still makes rosters. Sadly, last June the servers closed for good so you cant get the rosters online anymore you'd have to ask around in here. I personally think it's better than The Show 20 for pure gameplay.
On PC, it depends. If you need the newest graphics and more contemporary presentation I'd say 2K12. If you want a living encyclopedia of baseball mods, 2005 is the way to go but you'll have a hard time getting the game for less than upwards of 60 dollars when it comes up for sale.
Old 01-24-2021, 09:02 AM   #8
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinpanalley
Sadly, after a certain someone left the scene there haven't been decent current rosters for 2005. This was the first year I didn't play it with up to date rosters.
Thanks, but I think 9 years was long enough

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games »