Home

Bring back shift strikes

This is a discussion on Bring back shift strikes within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-24-2021, 11:35 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0
Bring back shift strikes

Shifting is striking mid stance switch, you'll see a lot of good strikers use them. They were actually in UFC 1, but it was for everyone. Shifts should come back but only for certain fighters for fighter uniqueness.

Dustin finished Conor with a shift hook.

You can't do this currently as there is a delay during and after you switch. This is historic, it's like when Frankie was KOd for the first time; it was a clinch strike by Ortega and we got it by the end of the patch cycle when Cormier did the same to Stipe and became champ champ.

However some fighters still have shift strikes in UFC 4-Wonderboy shift kicks and Holloway shift straights. More should have them and widen the types like in UFC 1- hooks, uppercuts, all kicks etc.

Give shift punches to guys like Dustin, Conor, Max, Cruz, Dillashaw, Overeem etc.

Give shift kicks to Jones, Wonderboy, Overeem, Volk, Izzy etc.

Give both to those who do both but this is rarer.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-25-2021, 09:01 AM   #2
MVP

Re: Bring back shift strikes

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmangala
Shifting is striking mid stance switch, you'll see a lot of good strikers use them. They were actually in UFC 1, but it was for everyone. Shifts should come back but only for certain fighters for fighter uniqueness.

Dustin finished Conor with a shift hook.

You can't do this currently as there is a delay during and after you switch. This is historic, it's like when Frankie was KOd for the first time; it was a clinch strike by Ortega and we got it by the end of the patch cycle when Cormier did the same to Stipe and became champ champ.

However some fighters still have shift strikes in UFC 4-Wonderboy shift kicks and Holloway shift straights. More should have them and widen the types like in UFC 1- hooks, uppercuts, all kicks etc.

Give shift punches to guys like Dustin, Conor, Max, Cruz, Dillashaw, Overeem etc.

Give shift kicks to Jones, Wonderboy, Overeem, Volk, Izzy etc.

Give both to those who do both but this is rarer.
Was just about to create a thread in this.

Please give Dustin Poirier a custom switch stance combo and also the Philly shell guard. Which will effectively leave him open to body and leg kicks but mitigate damage from head strikes.

EA please buff Poirier.

Sent from my Nokia 2.4 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 01-25-2021, 10:07 AM   #3
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitfistssaipailo
Was just about to create a thread in this.

Please give Dustin Poirier a custom switch stance combo and also the Philly shell guard. Which will effectively leave him open to body and leg kicks but mitigate damage from head strikes.

EA please buff Poirier.

Sent from my Nokia 2.4 using Operation Sports mobile app
The philly shell blocks the body too. It should be like the old weak block, but I wouldn't mind if it didnt block leg kicks.
Old 01-26-2021, 01:33 PM   #4
Rookie

I would even take it a step forward and request they give Dustin his own unique hooks as he throws them very differently from everyone else
Old 01-27-2021, 03:55 PM   #5
Rookie

How do you do them with Wonderboy and max? Controls?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-27-2021, 04:01 PM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbnt149
How do you do them with Wonderboy and max? Controls?
It works the same way as UFC 1. Click stance switch mid strike, any round kick for Wonderboy and jab for Holloway. Holloway also has a shift body hook but I dont know how to do that, it's a shift combo. I'll try to find a video.
Old 01-27-2021, 04:39 PM   #7
MVP

Here’s Holloway’s shift combo:

https://youtu.be/ZQD13_T_d9k
Old 01-29-2021, 12:24 PM   #8
Rookie

While I personally don't recall this being a thing in UFC 1, it's a very interesting concept. Any additional functions that would add uniqueness and or creativity to the game should be considered.

Clicking the stick during a combo sounds pretty tough to pull off mid combo but that's why there are levels. Some people are just built differently I guess.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »