Home

Actual expectations for the reboot?

This is a discussion on Actual expectations for the reboot? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-05-2021, 01:14 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Actual expectations for the reboot?

What are your honest expectations for EA's release of College Football in the next 2 or 3 years?

This isn't a wish list thread. This is not a thread where you say I expect feature X, but knowing EA they won't have it. That's you setting your own standard and then holding EA to it, not an actual expectation of what EA will do.

My expectations are:
  1. The game will be what it always was before, Madden with a college coat of paint and some gameplay tuning to make it feel more open. It will likely be similar to what we see in Face of the Franchise with the college games on the field + more polish.
  2. The NIL bill will be passed by then and allow group licensing. EA will make a move to have real rosters.
  3. The use of real rosters takes away a huge weight off the shoulders of all parties involved in terms of litigation fears, this leads to the entire FBS being featured in the game by the time it actually releases.
  4. EA will bring over the XP system from Madden and I will hate it.
  5. Dynasty mode won't be too much different than it was in NCAA 14 for better or for worse.
  6. Online Dynasty will feature more than 12 users this time around.
  7. Custom Stadium sounds won't return for year 1.
  8. Ultimate Team will be in regardless of whether we have real rosters or generic rosters. It was in NCAA 14 and it seems the majority of people have forgotten that or never realized it in the first place.
Those are my honest expectations. That's enough in year 1 for me to buy it should I get a console if it doesn't release on PC. I hope that EA proves me wrong and comes out pedal to the metal with their new lease on life and Dynasty mode is completely overhauled and they use NCAA as their way to lay a new foundation for both it and Madden.... but I don't expect that one bit. I think EA is happy with where Madden is and I expect NCAA will just be a "re-skin" like it always was before.

Fortunately, I don't think Madden is as trash on the field as some make it out to be. My issues with it are primarily with the franchise mode. I desperately hope they don't neglect Dynasty like they have Franchise to this point. I personally don't see how they don't have the Dynasty mode match what we had in 14 at the least, but I guess only time will tell.

What are your actual expectations for the next release of EA's College Football?

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-05-2021, 01:25 PM   #2
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Actual expectations for the reboot?

Honest expectations...here is what I know for sure.

1) I expect that the game itself is going to be beautiful on Next Gen.

2) I expect it will have some form of Dynasty Mode and Career Mode. I can almost guarantee that there will be an Ultimate Team mode as well.

3) I expect that a lot of the game will be familiar to us...some from NCAA's gone by and some from current Madden.

4) I expect that they will use a lot of the blueprint from what EA Sports College Football 15' would have been...at least the parts that they can use without getting in legal trouble.

5) I expect the game to play differently from Madden. I although NCAA games in the past were similar in many ways to Madden, they did play differently, if for not other reason than the college game and the way offense and defense is played in college is different from pros.

6) I expect the first installment to be underwhelming in terms of depth of features.
Old 02-05-2021, 02:06 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 0

1. It will look great, but with weird presentation. Too much focus on close ups and such rather than traditional broadcast angles.

2. A wide variety of playbooks but likely little explanation of the logic working behind it.

3. A dynasty mode equal to or less than NCAA 14, which was great. Hopefully equal to is the floor for the measurement.

4. An essentially copy and paste of Madden. There aren’t a lot of concepts that aren’t present in both college and pro now like there used to be.

5. Some sort of Road to Glory mode but with a different name.

6. A ridiculous amount of focus into uniforms, stadiums, lighting, grass, all of that stuff we heard year after year.

I’m super excited about the idea, but not very hopeful for the execution by EA.
Old 02-05-2021, 02:41 PM   #4
MVP

Rondo is GOD's Arena

OVR: 23

The only way to not be disappointed is to have no expectations at all.

The lesson I learned from EA through the years.
In this case the lasagna restaurant started selling candy to kids and that became the best revenue stream so they’ve let the lasagna get worse and focused on becoming a candy store. The problem is this restaurant bought the rights to make lasagna so if we want lasagna we can only go to this place.
Old 02-05-2021, 03:38 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rondo is GOD
The only way to not be disappointed is to have no expectations at all.

The lesson I learned from EA through the years.
Cool. This isn't an lol EA sux thread. This is a thread for people to discuss what they actually expect to be in the game feature-wise and gameplay-wise.

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-05-2021, 04:37 PM   #6
MVP

Rondo is GOD's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Cool. This isn't an lol EA sux thread. This is a thread for people to discuss what they actually expect to be in the game feature-wise and gameplay-wise.
The thread is about expectations and so was my post. Didn't say a bad word about EA at all. If anyone is sending the thread that direction, it's you with posts like this.

We can further discuss why I have no expectations if you'd like? The game is years away, the rules can change any day about what can and can't be included. Lots of reasons.

Have you been conditioned to think that having no expectations is a bad thing? Is that what's happening here?
In this case the lasagna restaurant started selling candy to kids and that became the best revenue stream so they’ve let the lasagna get worse and focused on becoming a candy store. The problem is this restaurant bought the rights to make lasagna so if we want lasagna we can only go to this place.

Last edited by Rondo is GOD; 02-05-2021 at 04:43 PM.
Old 02-05-2021, 04:50 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 0

I expect that it will feel similar to madden although it will be more open and spread out. I don’t think there will be xp, although if it does the system will need to be adjusted to a college system.

I imagine it’ll probably be FBS only but would be pleasantly surprised with FCS. I think it’ll have a four team playoff and I don’t think there will be an option for more teams.

The biggest changes I hope they make outside of the actual gameplay is to recruiting. Recruiting in 14 is laughably easy and roster management isn’t what it should be.
Old 02-05-2021, 05:14 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rondo is GOD
The thread is about expectations and so was my post. Didn't say a bad word about EA at all. If anyone is sending the thread that direction, it's you with posts like this.

We can further discuss why I have no expectations if you'd like? The game is years away, the rules can change any day about what can and can't be included. Lots of reasons.

Have you been conditioned to think that having no expectations is a bad thing? Is that what's happening here?
You literally say the only way to not have EA disappoint you is to make sure you have zero expectations. Then you say you didn't say a single bad word about EA at all. I guess in your edginess you didn't see exactly what you just did.

There's nothing to discuss further. You got your little remark in, I'm replying giving you what you want (I'm the king of getting reactions on OS, so I can see clear as day what you are doing and how you're playing it off), now we can move on with what the thread was actually about.

― Plato

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »