Home

The Medium

This is a discussion on The Medium within the Non-Sports Gaming forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-06-2021, 12:18 AM   #1
Pro

IHateDuke32's Arena

OVR: 2
The Medium

Anyone give this a shot yet? It can feel clunky at times, but this is a really cool game. The atmosphere is done really well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-06-2021, 02:21 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 5
Re: The Medium

Got it for free w Xbox game pass and I’m really enjoying it!
Old 02-06-2021, 09:22 AM   #3
Pro

IHateDuke32's Arena

Same here, this is the perfect game for Gamepass. I love the gameplay mechanics in this game. Controlling the character in 2 realities at once, while having to do different things in each reality to progress. It's just so cool.
Old 02-06-2021, 09:41 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

I've never heard of this game. Is it worth playing it?
Old 02-06-2021, 09:44 AM   #5
Pro

IHateDuke32's Arena

I believe it's exclusive to the Series consoles. So if you have an Xbox One you wouldn't be able to play it.

The resolution isn't great, neither is the framerate. As far as the gameplay, most of the time you're walking/running around and interacting with things.

But the story is really cool so far, and I love the mechanics of controlling your character in 2 different realities/realms at once. It's so unique and cool.

I've read that it's an 8-10 hour game. If you have Gamepass, it's a no brainer to give this a shot. It has a Silent Hill feel to it for me. I'm enjoying the heck out of it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-08-2021, 05:11 AM   #6
MVP

Americas Team's Arena

OVR: 0

Just beat the game, it was OK. I felt the gameplay was missing, one thing, gunplay! Would have made it feel like old school RE. Knowing you don't have to fight anything kinda ruins the scare factor because you don't have to worry about being killed for the most part. I hope in the next game they add guns! And more monsters to kill.
Old 02-09-2021, 10:11 AM   #7
Pro

IHateDuke32's Arena

Haven't finished this yet, but played it for the first time while using my Arctis 7X headset. It adds a whole new level to the experience and creepiness of the game. Though this game has it's faults for sure, I'm still loving it.
Old 02-10-2021, 10:03 AM   #8
Rookie

lunch pale gang's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHateDuke32
Haven't finished this yet, but played it for the first time while using my Arctis 7X headset. It adds a whole new level to the experience and creepiness of the game. Though this game has it's faults for sure, I'm still loving it.
I'm glad you said you're enjoying it more with your headset. I was so looking forward to playing this game but after reading your remarks I stopped myself from firing it up without a decent headset and simply playing it through my exterior surround sound system.

I have a good headset for my One X, but it isn't completely compatible with the Series X due to the lack of a digital optical audio port, which means it is incapable of offering surround sound and by the sounds of it, this is the type of game that is meant to played with a quality surround sound headset.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »