Home

Cpu vs cpu TE #1 receiver

This is a discussion on Cpu vs cpu TE #1 receiver within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-13-2021, 12:58 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2

Is there a way to have the receivers get majority of receptions instead of the TE? Is it difficulty, speed threshold, coverage or reaction slider, game style competition, arcade, or simulation. I'm stumped and getting irrated.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-14-2021, 01:17 AM   #2
Rookie

theoriginal561's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Cpu vs cpu TE #1 receiver

Nope, its basically the playbook and the TEs always being open. You can drop their catch ratings to nothing but they'll still catch it if they are open. Just have to deal with it honestly.
Old 02-14-2021, 08:25 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 21

As stated above, the only way to somewhat correct this is to create your own custom playbook where you take out most of the TE routes...but the QB will still check down. And yes...reducing catch rating and especially catch in traffic has some effect.

C
Old 02-14-2021, 10:39 AM   #4
Pro

Woad23's Arena

Scheme is a huge factor. Ran with run and shoot scheme for 3 seasons, #1 wr was top in catches and yards, eclipsing 100 catches twice.

Switched to power run scheme with new coach and through 7 games, te is currently leading team in catches and yards.

Same te, same qb, same wr.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Last edited by Woad23; 02-14-2021 at 10:42 AM.
Old 02-15-2021, 12:58 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

I have two profiles so I tried to do two custom playbooks but when the game starts one of the teams is disappeared and not on the field. Right now I'm just using run balance playbook and that seems to help a little.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-15-2021, 01:09 PM   #6
MVP

The only way to really "fix" the issue is through editing TE ratings. However, it not just the catch rating the you want to edit. That might help a little, but will really just add more drops. What you really need to edit is the route running ratings. This will keep them covered more often and they will not be thrown to as much.

For the average TE, drop Deep Route Running between 40-50. Even elite guys should be no higher than 60 in most cases.

Medium Route Running: 45-55. Elite, no higher than 65 (though 60 is still fine)
Short Route Running: 50-60. Elite, can go to 75 or so. But they will catch quite a bit.

The other thing you want to check, and this is very important is the traits. Make sure that the "Sense Pressure" trait is NOT Ideal. Average is best for most good TEs. Then, make sure the "high motor" (or whatever it is called) is turned off. Those two changes will help a lot in played games.

Yes, the QBs will still throw to them and this will not eliminate the problem, but it will help.

Now, if you really want to attack the issue, drop the route running even more. You can largely nerf the TEs by dropping the DRR to the teens, MRR to the teens or twenties, and SRR no higher than 50. However, you will notice major OVR drops and can cause problems with drafting and free agency.

Scheme and playbook have a major effect as well.
Old 02-17-2021, 11:53 PM   #7
Pro

benton32's Arena

OVR: 11

I was wondering about this to.... and its sad that we have to do all these lil tweaks to make the game better..
Old 02-22-2021, 06:58 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hubie
Is there a way to have the receivers get majority of receptions instead of the TE? Is it difficulty, speed threshold, coverage or reaction slider, game style competition, arcade, or simulation. I'm stumped and getting irrated.
I've read some of the responses in this thread and TBH I don't think you need to really edit the ratings or change the schemes at all.

If I understand you correctly your playing CPU VS CPU

If that's the case the primary thing you would need to to do is lower the Player Speed Threshold.

The WR's don't get much separation with threshold up high and in return the CPU QB is going to throw to the 1st player he sees open and usually that's the TE on a higher threshold setting.

I understand some of the things that EA stated about threshold in previous years. But you have to ask yourself is EA really sitting around and testing their own sliders to watch a CPU VS CPU GAME or even HUMAN VS CPU GAME?

In theory some of things they've said from what I've read about The Player Speed Threshold all sounds good if it only effected player speed.

But that's most likely taking into account Competive Play only.

Threshold effects actual gameplay to....

I've watched and played games with a low threshold and the WR's have often gotten more targets without me changing a single Playbook or editing any of the TE's.

I'm on NG gameplay btw which may or may not deliver the same variables as Current Gen.

Here's an example

At the half of my game right now I have threshold at 25, QBA at 70 & Pass Block at 50.

The CPU controlled Jared Goff is 14/25-205 58%

His pass distribution is as follow:

Kupp 3-58 19.3 avg
Henderson 4-57, 1 TD (Screen pass that went for a 42 yard score to my surprise)
Woods 3-46
Reynolds 2-26
Higbee 1-15
Brown 1-3

I utilize the no switch rule on defense so even though this game is human vs CPU gameplay by me not switching off on defense it's very similar to a CPU vs CPU game.

But again even in watched games I'm getting the same results where the WR's are getting more targets than the TE's and I believe that is a direct result of a lower gameplay threshold that allows them to get open quicker.

Hope that helps you out.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14

Last edited by Playmakers; 02-22-2021 at 07:01 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »