Home

Wear and Tear injury system.

This is a discussion on Wear and Tear injury system. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-15-2021, 06:12 PM   #1
Rookie

TheButter's Arena

OVR: 0
Wear and Tear injury system.

They used this system in NFL Head Coach 09, each body part takes a certain amount of hits and if a player gets hit to many times in a certain area he'll get hurt. Fatigue plays a role as well.

Hopefully they bring this feature back because it's as good as it gets. Brings realism, subbing priority, and fatigue management.

CPU teams stole your successful plays in your playbook and added them to their playbooks. That feature met with college playbooks from incoming college coaches and user created plays birthed a new meta evolution for playcallers across the NFL.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-15-2021, 06:25 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Wear and Tear injury system.

Would be a dream of mine coming true if EA brought back this system along with many other from the Head Coach series for both Madden and the upcoming CFB series.

Bye weeks were essentially pointless in NCAA 14. It would be great for them to actually matter like they do in real life.

Give me a wear and tear system, players having actual playbook knowledge, expanded coaching staffs + coach ratings, full size rosters, and modern recruiting and you'll have me hook, line, and sinker.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

― Plato
Old 02-15-2021, 06:36 PM   #3
Rookie

TheButter's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Would be a dream of mine coming true if EA brought back this system along with many other from the Head Coach series for both Madden and the upcoming CFB series.

Bye weeks were essentially pointless in NCAA 14. It would be great for them to actually matter like they do in real life.

Give me a wear and tear system, players having actual playbook knowledge, expanded coaching staffs + coach ratings, full size rosters, and modern recruiting and you'll have me hook, line, and sinker.

If you play either of the Head Coach games, we've got a Reddit page for them with a bunch of current players. I've been trying to build exposure for these games and their features for EA or anyone else to implement them in future games. Give us a look

reddit.com/r/NFLHeadCoachSeries

CPU teams stole your successful plays in your playbook and added them to their playbooks. That feature met with college playbooks from incoming college coaches and user created plays birthed a new meta evolution for playcallers across the NFL.
Old 02-16-2021, 11:27 AM   #4
Pro

jkits's Arena

OVR: 3

This would be a great feature. 2k actually has this in MyNBA mode. Its the little things that can make Dynasty mode go a long way.

Things like player health/stamina management, moral/composure management, and even coach moral/trust. Even include upgradeable features for your program like hiring a nutritionist for the week or season, improved weight rooms, student athlete centers, I think could help something like player recovery/ injury resistance etc.

Lastly to cane21's point, bye weeks could be huge in the recovery process. A weekly practices feature could help players familiarize themselves with the upcoming scheme & composure. And having the option to have a day off or a light practice could help recovery while still not losing composure & scheme
Old 02-16-2021, 12:06 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkits
This would be a great feature. 2k actually has this in MyNBA mode. Its the little things that can make Dynasty mode go a long way.

Things like player health/stamina management, moral/composure management, and even coach moral/trust. Even include upgradeable features for your program like hiring a nutritionist for the week or season, improved weight rooms, student athlete centers, I think could help something like player recovery/ injury resistance etc.

Lastly to cane21's point, bye weeks could be huge in the recovery process. A weekly practices feature could help players familiarize themselves with the upcoming scheme & composure. And having the option to have a day off or a light practice could help recovery while still not losing composure & scheme
2k's system is done well and pretty similar to what Head Coach had. I like seeing a player's injury history and also being told if certain injuries are more likely to reoccur or lead to further injury concerns.

It would do CFB and Madden each a favor to incorporate this type of system and have it transfer between the two when importing draft classes. Injury history is a big part of draft evaluations, but outside of the Head Coach games, injury history has basically been useless to care about in EA football games.

I remember when players in older PS2 games would get hurt and then they'd return with braces on and whatnot. I would love to see that return with the addition of a wear and tear system. It would be neat to see my RB hurt his knee or ankle and when he eventually returns he had a brace on it or it's wrapped up. Some guys wear these braces the rest of their careers as well.

It's another feature + detail that would give more life to the game. Even if it isn't your team, imagine how neat it would be to see your rivals stud LB get injured for the game with an arm injury, then the following season you see him on the field with a big elbow brace.

Or a heartbreaking story where a player on a conference foe's roster is a heisman contender, but tears his ACL near the end of the year. You play them early the next season and the back comes into the game, but he is hardly the electric player he once was and is splitting snaps with younger guys because of his diminished ability.

That's the kind of feature and detail that adds longevity to a career mode. It's also something EA has done before and it's becoming commonplace in many sports games these days. It's not the most complex feature around, but it adds so much to the mode that there's not a good reason to not implement it unless it simply doesn't fit your vision.

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »