Home

MyNBA Can't Advance Past March 30

This is a discussion on MyNBA Can't Advance Past March 30 within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-09-2021, 11:03 AM   #1
MVP

SmooveMove's Arena

OVR: 4
MyNBA Can't Advance Past March 30

I'm four years deep into this MyNBA and I can't advance past March 30th no matter what I do. I think it has something to do with the all star game because of some of the rule changes I've made throughout the save. This is completely game breaking bug. Has anyone encountered this and know of any workaround? Really don't want to stop playing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-09-2021, 11:46 AM   #2
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

Re: MyNBA Can't Advance Past March 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmooveMove
I'm four years deep into this MyNBA and I can't advance past March 30th no matter what I do. I think it has something to do with the all star game because of some of the rule changes I've made throughout the save. This is completely game breaking bug. Has anyone encountered this and know of any workaround? Really don't want to stop playing.
There has been a few of us that this has happened to. I've never found an answer. I ended up starting over and having multiple backups saved in case.
Old 03-10-2021, 09:57 AM   #3
MVP

SmooveMove's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CujoMatty
There has been a few of us that this has happened to. I've never found an answer. I ended up starting over and having multiple backups saved in case.
So after fiddling around with it in vain for a while I found that you can overwrite your past rule changes mid season, and this fixed this issue. Let me know if you need to know how to do it.
Old 03-10-2021, 11:35 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
So after fiddling around with it in vain for a while I found that you can overwrite your past rule changes mid season, and this fixed this issue. Let me know if you need to know how to do it.

Explain what you changed the rule to initially and then what you changed for it to work.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 03-10-2021, 02:06 PM   #5
MVP

SmooveMove's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsfan28
Explain what you changed the rule to initially and then what you changed for it to work.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
In 2023 I had enacted a rule that stated "13 players from each conference will be named to the all-star team" thinking this would mean the game would now be East vs. West rather than the team captain format. This didn't work however and the all-star draft still took place the next season.

In 2024 I enacted the rule that stated "All-Star teams will be determined by the top vote getters in their respective conferences"

^ This is where the game broke

I got to the date in Marcch where the all-star draft would usually take place and couldn't advance. Eventually going to the all star section under league news automatically started a draft as if I had never changed the rule, and I was able to advance. Try this first if that's where you're stuck.

Then after that I got to March 30th and was unable to advance no matter what I did. I ended up redacting the rule:

"All-Star teams will be determined by the top vote getters in their respective conferences"

And that fixed the issue, but I still don't have a proper East vs. West all-star game and am unsure how to make it happen. Still just happy to have my save working properly.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-11-2021, 10:42 AM   #6
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
In 2023 I had enacted a rule that stated "13 players from each conference will be named to the all-star team" thinking this would mean the game would now be East vs. West rather than the team captain format. This didn't work however and the all-star draft still took place the next season.

In 2024 I enacted the rule that stated "All-Star teams will be determined by the top vote getters in their respective conferences"

^ This is where the game broke

I got to the date in Marcch where the all-star draft would usually take place and couldn't advance. Eventually going to the all star section under league news automatically started a draft as if I had never changed the rule, and I was able to advance. Try this first if that's where you're stuck.

Then after that I got to March 30th and was unable to advance no matter what I did. I ended up redacting the rule:

"All-Star teams will be determined by the top vote getters in their respective conferences"

And that fixed the issue, but I still don't have a proper East vs. West all-star game and am unsure how to make it happen. Still just happy to have my save working properly.
Thanks. You may have discovered a bug. I have had two MyNBAs hard crash in the offseason. I mean kicking me out the game and one time freezing my PS5 until I had to unplug it. I always switched the Allstar game back to what I thought was the old east/west format, and I always changed the usa/world game back to rookie/sophomores. I thought that the cause of the crashes were JBs draft classes I was using because I'd import classic player DNA over some prospects. I have simmed six seasons doing the same thing to test and everything is fine. It sucks but it appears changing the allstar game screws up the game.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 03-11-2021, 02:22 PM   #7
Rookie

kriegz's Arena

OVR: 2

I had a similar situation where I released a 2-way player and deleted him from the roster. Never do this, the save will crash when you get to the first g league game for that team.
Old 03-11-2021, 06:26 PM   #8
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

this is a pretty good "dont do this" thread. If I lose another save, the game will be done for me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »