Home

Back to the Future Series: Vince Carter.

This is a discussion on Back to the Future Series: Vince Carter. within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-10-2021, 08:38 AM   #1
Retro NBA Nut

RMJH4's Arena

OVR: 19
Back to the Future Series: Vince Carter.

Vincent Lamar "Vince" Carter is a former American professional basketball player who last played for the Atlanta Hawks in the 2019-20 season. He was a shooting guard and small forward early in his career but finished as a power forward.

After winning the 1v1 series versus Grant Hill this week, Carter was crowned the Back to the Future series Champ. What's the prize? An opportunity to get in the DeLorean and go back to any point in his career and start from there.

RMJH: "Vince congrats on your victory, how does it feel?"

VC: "Great man. It was worth entering to see all those old dudes again, and great to have that series against Grant. It was tough going but I did enough to get the W."

RMJH4:" It sure gave the fans a great few moments to remember and reminisce about Vince." Now onto the order of the day. Where and when do you want to go back to?"

VC: "Well I have had an incredible career man. So hard to narrow it down, I have been going back and forward for the last week. Eventually I narrowed it down to two years really after a lot of soul searching.

Option 1: 2009-10 season when I joined the Magic and teamed up with Dwight Howard. We were so close to making the finals. I am darn sure if we did it again we would have beat the Celtics.

Option 2: 2000-01 season. This was the year Tracy left to join the Magic. We made it to the Eastern Conference Semi Finals where I missed that shot vs the 76ers. Philly would go on to make the finals. A different day, I make that shot and we reach the finals. But that's not all I'd change. I'd go back to the offseason before it and beg Tracy to stay."

RMJH4 "Wow two great options Vince! So what's your final decision?"

VC "It's got to be Toronto man. I'll make Tracy stay this time around. He's already told me how I could have changed his mind. He regrets leaving. I can do it. I pick Toronto in 2000-01 offseason for my back to the future series."

RMH4: "Thanks Vince. I think we will all agree that no matter what you chose it would be great, but this has the potential to be an all time great story. Good Luck Vince."

System: NBA2K20 PC Player Lock - Vince Carter
Rosters: 2000-01 In Progress (RMJH4)
Sliders: 2000s (RMJH4)
Quarter Length: 10 Minutes
Draft Class: 2000 and 2001 Drafts (RMJH4)
Season Length: 82 Games
Playoff Format: 5-7-7-7
Injuries: On
Progressive Fatigue: On
Player Roles: On
Team Chemistry: On
CPU Trades: On
Trade Override: Off
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-10-2021, 08:38 AM   #2
Retro NBA Nut

RMJH4's Arena

Schedule.

2000-01 Schedule.
Old 03-10-2021, 08:39 AM   #3
Retro NBA Nut

RMJH4's Arena

Depth Chart.

Depth Chart.
Old 03-10-2021, 08:40 AM   #4
Retro NBA Nut

RMJH4's Arena

Around the NBA

Around the NBA.
Old 03-10-2021, 08:40 AM   #5
Retro NBA Nut

RMJH4's Arena

Vince Carter Career Retrospective.

Vince Carter Career Retrospective.

Mainland High School (1991 - 1995)

North Carolina Tarheels (1995 - 1998)

Toronto Raptors (1998–Present)

Awards.

It should come as no surprise that "Vinsanity" is one of the more decorated players in league history. In 7 seasons he has received the following awards:

1x NBA All-Star (2000)
All-NBA Third Team (2000)
NBA Rookie of the Year (1999)
NBA All-Rookie First Team (1999)
NBA Slam Dunk Champion (2000)
Olympic Gold Medal (2000)

Rookie Sensation.

Debuting in the NBA's lockout-shortened 1999 season — the fourth for the fledgling Raptors — Carter quickly became a fan favourite with a soaring offensive game that earned him the nickname "Air Canada." He won rookie of the year honours after averaging 18.3 points and throwing down countless highlight-reel dunks.

Slam Dunk Champ.

Carter ascended to full-fledged stardom in his second season, when he scored 25.7 points per game (fourth-highest in the league) and lifted Toronto to its first playoff appearance in franchise history. But his most memorable moment came at the Slam Dunk Contest during the NBA's All-Star Weekend in Oakland, where Carter delivered perhaps the greatest performance in the history of the event.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-13-2021, 11:59 AM   #6
MVP

infamyice's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Back to the Future Series: Vince Carter.

Stoked for this my dude
Old 04-12-2021, 03:48 PM   #7
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: Back to the Future Series: Vince Carter.

Excited to see how this turns out! I just did a franchise with the Grizzlies where we had T-Mac and he's great to play with. I imagine VC would be similarly enjoyable.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »