Home

We would rather see 100 animations and variety to players then ultra Hi Resolution!

This is a discussion on We would rather see 100 animations and variety to players then ultra Hi Resolution! within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-11-2021, 09:11 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
We would rather see 100 animations and variety to players then ultra Hi Resolution!

EA, please know your audience, do you want to make Madden the best its ever been???

then focus on making hundreds, maybe thousands of new animations for each player, and add variety to give them that authentic feel and let the player experience the "anything can happen on any play" feel to the gameplay and that will trump anything else!

This is head and shoulders a much better experience to give the gameplayers then constantly trying to add all these high resolution graphics and textures each year to the game. What good is it if the gameplay still feels, "oh Ive seen this a million times already and know how it will unfold" but just now at a higher resolution!!

Work on the dynamics, the organics, and make each play, each game, each player feel different!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-11-2021, 09:24 PM   #2
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: We would rather see 100 animations and variety to players then ultra Hi Resolutio

Quote:
Originally Posted by RicoLaguna
EA, please know your audience, do you want to make Madden the best its ever been???

then focus on making hundreds, maybe thousands of new animations for each player, and add variety to give them that authentic feel and let the player experience the "anything can happen on any play" feel to the gameplay and that will trump anything else!

This is head and shoulders a much better experience to give the gameplayers then constantly trying to add all these high resolution graphics and textures each year to the game. What good is it if the gameplay still feels, "oh Ive seen this a million times already and know how it will unfold" but just now at a higher resolution!!

Work on the dynamics, the organics, and make each play, each game, each player feel different!!!
Although I agree with you 100%, you forget that the majority of the people who buy the game are casual and they care more about graphics then having a variety of animations. IMO next gen Madden has added a ton of new animations, I see new ones every game, and also improved the contextual animations choices exponentially. I'm bullish on the game though, and expect them to do both well going forward.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 03-12-2021, 02:03 AM   #3
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

OVR: 0
Re: We would rather see 100 animations and variety to players then ultra Hi Resolutio

Lighting is more important than resolution anyway.
https://forums.operationsports.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2049813056

Last edited by your mom; 06-06-2006 at 6:06 PM.
Old 03-12-2021, 02:05 AM   #4
MVP

+1 to the above. Sub par visuals would do more to hurt sales than the omission of almost any other feature. This really ought to be patently obvious to anyone who takes a moment to think about the question objectively and not through the prism of their own personal preferences.

Also if you are still playing old gen it also ought to be obvious that the last two editions of the game have pushed that technology to its limits. Surely I can't be the only person who's noticed the performance issues (stuttering and "choppiness" in the visual output) that pop up on at least a few snaps of almost every game.

The entire readership of all Madden related online spaces is a tiny fraction of total sales. EA will go right on ignoring your requests because they have no choice. No matter how much you want to believe the opposite people who are emotionally invested in this game to the point of joining online communities related to it are not, and never will be, the player base. The player base is, was, and always will be casuals.

Last edited by stinkubus; 03-12-2021 at 02:07 AM.
Old 03-12-2021, 02:06 AM   #5
MVP

I have gotten so sick and tired of hearing about lighting and grass over the years lol. It has literally been comical to watch them pine over that so much thinking that even the casual crowd cares what the grass looks like. You ever see a younger kid going into replay and zooming into the grass just admiring it’s green glory? I don’t think so.

Meanwhile, we can’t even get dynamic weather. A visual implementation that actually makes sense.

Last edited by xCoachDx; 03-12-2021 at 02:17 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-12-2021, 09:43 AM   #6
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by RicoLaguna

I think there is a disconnect between who EA see's it's target audience as and who hardcore gamers in this community think that audience should be. That gap can't be more wide at this moment.
Old 03-12-2021, 12:48 PM   #7
Rookie

i see this is going to come to "hardcore gamers" vs casual.

but i play maybe 1-5 games a week. i think that would put me in to the casual gamer territory.

but if 2k can give specifc animation for a players shot from their base to their release. and still release a good looking game. madden can walk and chew gum at the same time they have the means to do so simply from the MUT funds.

im not letting EA off the hook. if 2k can do it so can EA and i dont think 2k has the perfect game by any means.

but when you breakdown graphics, animation, gameplay, ontop of whats provided with some of the other features. they built and offered a hell of a lot more than EA. while ea has been known to give and remove and give back features with no real update or change.

edit: while ive been on this board for over a decade whether lurking or posting the one differnece seems to be and correct me if im wrong. there seems to be no connection with the people that truly LOOOVE this game. i remember wishlists being forms and devs actually acknowledging it. im not as active so i dont see that thread as often but does it even exist anymore and does it get any love from anyone on EA. tbh it was one of my favorite times post release where we played the game we enjoyed but we knew there was something else

Last edited by mrtv4; 03-12-2021 at 12:52 PM.
Old 03-12-2021, 01:57 PM   #8
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrtv4
i see this is going to come to "hardcore gamers" vs casual.

but i play maybe 1-5 games a week. i think that would put me in to the casual gamer territory.

but if 2k can give specifc animation for a players shot from their base to their release. and still release a good looking game. madden can walk and chew gum at the same time they have the means to do so simply from the MUT funds.

im not letting EA off the hook. if 2k can do it so can EA and i dont think 2k has the perfect game by any means.

but when you breakdown graphics, animation, gameplay, ontop of whats provided with some of the other features. they built and offered a hell of a lot more than EA. while ea has been known to give and remove and give back features with no real update or change.

edit: while ive been on this board for over a decade whether lurking or posting the one differnece seems to be and correct me if im wrong. there seems to be no connection with the people that truly LOOOVE this game. i remember wishlists being forms and devs actually acknowledging it. im not as active so i dont see that thread as often but does it even exist anymore and does it get any love from anyone on EA. tbh it was one of my favorite times post release where we played the game we enjoyed but we knew there was something else
Some people will feel as if the behavior was earned by EA,(that's nonsense IMO because we're talking about video games here) but the dickish behavior of so many people on forums and of course YouTube, Twitter and Twitch has probably permanently closed off all but the rarest of interactions with devs.

I love how the game is playing now, but everyday I lament not being able to make small suggestions to Clint, Swami, or Guru and have a chance to have a little exchange about it.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »