Home

Just flat out can't shoot pull-ups

This is a discussion on Just flat out can't shoot pull-ups within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-15-2021, 04:49 AM   #1
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

OVR: 5
Just flat out can't shoot pull-ups

I honestly feel that with this last patch (PS5 next Gen) it's damn near impossible to play anything moderately resembling modern NBA basketball. You can't can shoot over a PNR anymore as they've inadvertently nerfed "good" quality pull up jump shots when trying to regulate park fades.

Lillard shoots A TON of pull up shots off dribble in our offense in real life - I used to be able to replicate that but now it's damn near impossible to do so. Feels like 70's or 80's basketball now where unless you get a man wide open and a clean look it's likely not going in.

Last edited by Find_the_Door; 03-15-2021 at 07:03 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-15-2021, 11:50 AM   #2
a goat

duce's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Just flat out can't shoot pull-ups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Find_the_Door
I honestly feel that with this last patch (PS5 next Gen) it's damn near impossible to play anything moderately resembling modern NBA basketball. You can't can shoot over a PNR anymore as they've inadvertently nerfed "good" quality pull up jump shots when trying to regulate park fades.

Lillard shoots A TON of pull up shots off dribble in our offense in real life - I used to be able to replicate that but now it's damn near impossible to do so. Feels like 70's or 80's basketball now where unless you get a man wide open and a clean look it's likely not going in.
Ever try Real FG%?
Old 03-15-2021, 12:35 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by duce
Ever try Real FG%?

That may be the solution here. But 2K may have effectively lowered the make % regardless of shot timing/aiming/real %.
Old 03-15-2021, 02:09 PM   #4
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

Quote:
Ever try Real FG%?
Not applicable in online head to head
Old 03-15-2021, 03:53 PM   #5
Pro

They do this every year where people using the normal dribble pullups realistically as you would see Dame, Kyrie, Curry etc. abuse drop coverages, off the dribble, or in transition are penalized because they tie those shot percentages in with people shooting fade away 3s. It is just so dumb that this has been a problem for so long and they refuse to separate off the dribble moving shots where you are in straight line balance vs fades and sideways fades which are shot far less frequently and at a much less efficient clip. Is it honestly that hard to to penalize a poor shot aka shooting a fading 3 without completely gimping one of the most potent offensive tactics in basketball. Maybe, I am not a dev, but it is infuriating. I had to completely revamp my playstyle over the past couple of years because I used to rely on those dribble pullups and middies with the difficult shots badge on hof. Now I just ignore the badge completely and use whichever quick stop cheese is most prevalent in the current iteration.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-15-2021, 08:16 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

2K22 needs to be balanced in a way that allows the turbo button + straight line off the dribble fades to only consistently go in from the mid range if you have a 90 or higher mid range rating and have the difficult shots badge equipped at least on gold. However, that shot type should never be consistent from three, regardless of ratings and badges, because when that has been the case (at least three times in the past five 2K games), it has broken the offense/defense balance.

Hop step + spin jumpers should be boosted by the "circus shots" badge instead of the difficult shots badge, and they need to be judged separately from those straight line fades in 2K22's shooting algorithms, because modern NBA players are taking a ton of stepback js and hitting them at a consistent rate.

Shooting from a stand still should always be a higher percentage shot than any of the abovementioned shot types.
Old 03-16-2021, 12:12 AM   #7
a goat

duce's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Find_the_Door
Not applicable in online head to head
You can use Real FG% in online head-to-head this year on next-gen.
Old 03-16-2021, 12:27 AM   #8
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

Quote:
You can use Real FG% in online head-to-head this year on next-gen.
Not in ranked

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »