Home

As a offline player I’ve come to a conclusion that...

This is a discussion on As a offline player I’ve come to a conclusion that... within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-16-2021, 04:21 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
As a offline player I’ve come to a conclusion that...

Maybe I’m just too good at this game. I keep picking it up expecting it to be better but maybe it’s me. Playing this game religiously for almost two decades I can say truthfully that at its core there isn’t too much different between the next gen version and 2k11, a game that was released 10 years ago.

God bless the slider community who’ve tried to make this an enjoyable experience for us Mynba players but no amount of slider adjustments could make this challenging anymore.

It’s been real 2k, but this ain’t fun anymore.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-16-2021, 06:04 PM   #2
MVP

Tynole14's Arena

Re: As a offline player I’ve come to a conclusion that...

If you are on ps5. Give it a try. Roster and sliders overhaul for realistic gameplay.
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...d.php?t=978647

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
Old 03-16-2021, 06:16 PM   #3
Pro

The EVHL's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrScum
Maybe I’m just too good at this game. I keep picking it up expecting it to be better but maybe it’s me. Playing this game religiously for almost two decades I can say truthfully that at its core there isn’t too much different between the next gen version and 2k11, a game that was released 10 years ago.

God bless the slider community who’ve tried to make this an enjoyable experience for us Mynba players but no amount of slider adjustments could make this challenging anymore.

I have had this experience in NHL as well. I now run my own league and play 1/2 the game as each team. If you can remain impartial, it's actually a really fun way to play as you don't resort to "money" plays or things you know work 100% of the time to win a game due to the fact that it's your league, not just your team. I also do this in the show. I sim seasons and play every game of the playoffs as the batting team (so I never pitch). All stats are made by me and it's really fun to see what I can do and how storylines play out.
Old 03-16-2021, 06:23 PM   #4
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tynole14
If you are on ps5. Give it a try. Roster and sliders overhaul for realistic gameplay.
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...d.php?t=978647

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
Too Deep in MyNba to start over with a new roster but maybe I’ll try those sliders out sometime, got a link to that specifically?
Old 03-16-2021, 11:56 PM   #5
Pro

caseyj622's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrScum

I am like you, sick of the newer 2ks. They just don't play well on the court IMO. I posted in another thread about this but if you don't mind playing with old rosters or editing them yourself, I have 2k17 playing amazing. I edit the rosters myself but they cant be shared on ps4 anymore. I've tested over 100 hours on my sliders and it is sure damn challenging and the most realistic game of basketball you can get. You will definitely be challenged, especially defensively. CPU plays very smart and tough. They shoot a ton of 3s and get to the line a lot. It also has perimiter jump shooting fouls, charges, and in game injuries happen. I can post the set sometime here if you want. Everything lines up with modern NBA averages.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-17-2021, 08:41 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 12

2K11 was the last I really played. They've just felt too slippery and sluggish for me since then, and partly at that time too. It's like the game decides it would look natural if my player did this instead of what my controller was telling it to do. So it feels like I'm 4 years old and someone tricked me with a controller that isn't plugged in.

2K8 was the last I really felt was excellent. There is a line you can't cross when you make a video game. You can't sacrifice too much control for fluid animations. 2K crossed that at 2K9 and it hasn't improved. It's sad as I used to really enjoy a good game of bball.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »