Home

Top 5 College Basketball Video Games of All Time

This is a discussion on Top 5 College Basketball Video Games of All Time within the Other Basketball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-18-2021, 07:16 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Top 5 College Basketball Video Games of All Time

The Madness is in the air — no not that Madness. I’m talking about March Madness. The NCAA men’s basketball tournament and the field of 68 get started tonight, and while the tourney is off to a bit of a rough start with COVID protocols, it should still be fun to have the bracket back after a year off. With that in mind, Matt is here with his latest video ranking the top 5 college basketball video games of all time.

I think you already know what will be in the top spot, but with college video games back on the menu, it’s fun to think about the past as we hopefully build towards the return of college basketball video games in the next 3-5 years.

Let us know what you consider to be the GOAT college basketball game, and hey, let’s get hyped for Texas Southern vs. Mount St. Mary’s baby!
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-18-2021, 10:44 PM   #2
Roster Editor

jd@os's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Top 5 College Basketball Video Games of All Time

I grew up a University of North Carolina fan, and even though I knew the Tar Heels weren't in the game and that Mike Krzyzewski was on the cover, I bought Coach K College Basketball and loved it. Also loved the intro and the menu music.
Old 03-19-2021, 12:12 AM   #3
Rookie

Crazy Packers Fan's Arena

OVR: 0

Usually I quibble with these lists, but no need to do so this time. They hit the nail on the head with the top four (I haven't played #5).
Old 03-19-2021, 05:47 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 19

good list. Id replace 2k7 with 2k6
Old 03-19-2021, 09:01 AM   #5
Rookie

The Gunslinger's Arena

OVR: 9
Cant argue with #1 and #2.* Combine CH2k8 with the in-game TV presentation of NCAA 10 and you would have one helluva gam.

March Madness 2004 was definitely an underrated title
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-19-2021, 01:27 PM   #6
MVP

Gramps91's Arena

OVR: 22

Only thing I didn’t like about 2k8 was the player progression. You had to play those mini games to improve your players and they weren’t very fun and too challenging in my opinion.

2k6 and 2k7 are great, College Hoops and 2K5 were okay. I wish they hadn’t taken out the auto recruiting option in 2k5.

Also liked all the March Madness games except 2005. You couldn’t turn off the student violations and they were ridiculous.

I loved the presentation in NCAA Basketball 10. It had good gameplay too, but the recruiting had some issues
Old 03-22-2021, 06:16 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaterofworlds888
Only thing I didn’t like about 2k8 was the player progression. You had to play those mini games to improve your players and they weren’t very fun and too challenging in my opinion.

2k6 and 2k7 are great, College Hoops and 2K5 were okay. I wish they hadn’t taken out the auto recruiting option in 2k5.

I loved the presentation in NCAA Basketball 10. It had good gameplay too, but the recruiting had some issues

thats what I like about 2k8. The recruiting and player progression. Its the only game where size really mattered and ratings mattered.

You could build a really competitive team by recruiting low-rated players. a big with a low overall rating, but had a good rebound and defensive ratings, Id just focus on training the skills they were good at.

it would be hard to train up highly-rated offensive player with poor outside shooting abilities.

I like the fact you had to focus on a player's strength. and those ratings were also color-coded.

Last edited by tril; 03-22-2021 at 06:24 AM.
Old 03-24-2021, 08:37 PM   #8
Cod
MVP

Cod's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd@os
I grew up a University of North Carolina fan, and even though I knew the Tar Heels weren't in the game and that Mike Krzyzewski was on the cover, I bought Coach K College Basketball and loved it. Also loved the intro and the menu music.
Coach K College Basketball was so underrated. Looking back, the game reminds me of Bill Walsh College Football.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games »